• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Stormy,

I agree that the harlot does not sit on Rome, however it is not Jerusalem either. 

`The great harlot who sits on many waters......The water which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues.` (Rev. 17: 1,  15)

The harlot is the `mother` of all the false religions of the earth. It is a religious aspect of the Global Government. Eventually the 10 kings (of Islam) get rid of it.

So, which global religion has the power over all the peoples of the earth? 

Which world religion has moral values that the world bows down to?

And which world religion is even now getting the Political leaders of the world to pass laws to put in prison anyone who speaks against their religion?

Israel is a country full of immigrants.Nations and tongues from all nations.

• Group:  Royal Member

I suppose I might need to point out that the beast which came out of the sea before the time of the end is not the same beast which comes out of the abyss at the time of the end.

The prostitute worships the beast from the sea.The beast from the abyss hates the prostitute and attacks her.Alot of countries around apostate Israel that would love to destroy apostate Israel.The Islamic Hadith teaches that Muslims will fight against the Jews at the time of the end.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

35 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

You're using the Old Testament - 2 Samuel and Isaiah to understand a New Testament prophecy and the word people.  Israel is NOT the subject of Revelation 18, Babylon is.  If a scripture implies Jews or Christians there's always an indicator. Either a conjunction, adjective, verb, adverb, or noun is used to imply it. If ANYTHING - this refers to Muslims, but the word PEOPLE is LAOS and that's the general word for ANY people.

Like here in these NT verses...

And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Or here where it clearly implies believers...

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Or here where it clearly implies Israel...
And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

Or in Romans 9:25-26 where the passage is clear WHO my people refers to...

As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
Revelation 18:3
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
There's no indicator whatsoever implying Jews or Christians.  ALL NATIONS in verse 3 indicates the word people in verse 4 means ANY people.

If you want to believe God's people are in Islam,have at it.Im sure it's not talking about Islam.

15 minutes ago, Stormy Monday said:

That isn't what I said at all big guy - don't misquote me.  YOU are the one saying MY PEOPLE indicates CHRISTIANS! (or Jews) NOT ME!  All I'm saying is there's NO reason to believe MY PEOPLE in Rev. 18 implies anything other than people in general.

Revelation 18 is likely talking about Islam, Mecca, and Medina.

I didn't say anything about christians so don't misquote me.

I have not said the word christians till now so you are making false accusations.

Now I see why you call yourself stormy.

Guest Stormy Monday

City of seven MOUNTAINS...

Rome IS NOT a city of seven 'mountains.'

Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Some translations use the word HILL but the text uses the word 'oros' and its meaning is better translated 'mountain' NOT HILL.  

Rome does not sit on seven mountains!  It doesn't even sit on seven hills!  There are seven hills on the East side of the Tiber River. 'Vatican Hill' sits on the west side of the Tiber. THAT MAKES 8 HILLS TOTAL!  And the word 'hills' is an incorrect translation.  OROS IS A MOUNTAIN NOT HILL!  

The 7 hills on the east side of the Tiber, are too small to be designated as 'mountains'.  Strong's specifically states that a hill is lower than a mountain.  Rome's seven hills are so small, typically between 200 to 500 feet, and appear as 'little nubs' when viewed from a distance.

The city of seven mountains is Jerusalem.

"Babylon must sit on or occupy seven mountains, and I believe those mountains are the seven mountains that surround Jerusalem." 

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore, the psalmist writes. (Psalm 125:2) 

These mountains are Mount Zion (southwest, 2558 ft.), 
Mount Gareb (west, 2518 ft.), Mount Scopus (north, 
2724 ft.) Mount of Olives (east, 2641 ft.
Mount of Offense (southeast, 2411 ft.) 
Mount of Evil Counsel 
(south, 2548 ft.) and at the center, 
Mount Moriah (the temple mount, 2556 ft.) 

Jerusalem is the only city on planet earth that God has personally deemed as His own, and upon it there now stands an abomination called, "The Dome of the Rock."

Listen to the words spoken in 2 Baruch 48: 37 in relevance to Muslim terrorist and Islam. 

"Envy shall rise in those who had no though of themselves, and passion shall rise in him who was peaceful. Many shall be stirred up in anger to injure many, and they shall rouse up all men in order to shed blood, and in the end they will all perish together." 

Edited by Stormy Monday

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Hello Stormy, interesting topic, and enjoy the conversation. Please never take my thoughts and comments to be arrogant or condescending.

Regarding the difference between a hill and a mountain, a mountain sits higher than surrounding hills by definition. In elevation, how tall must a mound be for a mountain? I have several mountains of limbs and debris to be burned on my property; how tall are they? One man's molehill is another man's mountain by comparison. From an insect's perspective, would my potato hills be mountains or hills?

I use these metaphors to highlight perspective, word definition, translation, and usage. In ancient times, what was their geologic perspective and usage distinguishing between a hill and a mountain?

There is more interpretation of the book of Revelation than Carter had liver pills. I never claimed I have the correct view in any eschatology, but I only have an opinion. Revelation chapter eighteen seems more literal than symbolic. It indicates a system, a place, and a headquarters from the vocabulary and details. IMO.

If, and I repeat if, Revelation 18 is talking about a system and place, one city immediately comes to my mind that mirrors the Biblical description.

• Thumbs Up 1

Revelation 17:18

The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

The prostitute is the city that sits on seven mountains.The only city that sits on seven mountains in the middle east is Jerusalem.The other cities of the middle east don't.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Israel is a country full of immigrants.Nations and tongues from all nations.

However, they are not a Gentile Government which is what the Final Gentile Global Government is.