• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.82
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

This is what I've been praying for and it hasn't happened.

Jesus taught that what we ask will be given, what we seek we will find, and when we knock the door is opened.

After praying do you accept that an answer has been given then look for it to find it then, after finding it,  put it into action?

God does his part then you have to do your part.

Unless we act, the answers to out prayers have no effect, when you do nothing nothing happens.

Look at the feeding of the 5000, Jesus first prayed (ask and it shall be given), then he asked of his disciples what they ha to begin feeding the crowd and a couple of fish and five loaves of bread were found, then he took action based and told them to start feeding the crowd.

Jesus said we can do what he did.

We may not be trying to feed the hungry masses (or maybe we are) but we can most surely have enough faith to put it to action in some small part of our life so that we can grow in faith and understanding to do greater and greater things within ourselves and become a shining beacon to those around us.

This is the way I see prayer and its answers.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

Fjk, I don't really understand. I want to feel a connection to Jesus and I can't. I've fasted, prayed, read the Bible, believed for everything I've prayed for but God still seems far away. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,127
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

9 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

As I've said before, my earthly father is so loving and makes such an effort to tell me he loves me and show me he cares about me. He didn't just write me a book when I was born and go off and then tell me to look read it to get to know him, and then watch me on CCTV. And if I constantly cried out on the CCTV for him to get in touch in a way that felt real to me, that I could feel and understand, my biological father would do what I asked.

'Prayer isn't about getting what you want, it's about a relationship with God'. What relationship!!!!????

This is weird. You never had a relationship with Him? What kind of church did you go to? I had to Google what a CCTV is. You feel like that?

He died for you and He lives in you. Oh wait did you receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit?

I remember now a preacher who said there was zero change in his life until he got that.

Edited by Renskedejonge
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,971
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

47 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

Fjk, I don't really understand. I want to feel a connection to Jesus and I can't. I've fasted, prayed, read the Bible, believed for everything I've prayed for but God still seems far away. 

Any Freemasonry influence upon you?

14 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

What have you openly asked the Lord for (directly, not indirectly), where have you looked for it and how have you put it into use?

Are you asking for him to do something for you then waiting till it happens or are you asking him how he wants you to do something then looking for his answer and putting it into practice?

A mandate example, if you ask for a new car because you need one that will best serve you needs (or a house or other necessity) are you looking for it to poof into existence in your driveway or are you accepting that the Lord knows your needs and will direct you as you visit car lots and read for sale ads then when you find one trusting he has led you to it and making the purchase?

When we pray we should know what we are really praying for and why, otherwise we will not know where to find the answer or how to make it real in our lives.

What are you really wanting when you pray for something.  Are you, for instance, wanting to feel better about yourself and get rid of problems and is that what you are praying for or are you praying for something else hoping that will be the result of the prayer?

Know yourself, know what you really want when you pray to ask for something and don't pray for something else because you think you should hoping you'll indirectly get what you really want from it as a side effect.

If the problem is yourself you have to change yourself, ask the lord to direct how you do it then take action.  Change one little thing at a time then another and another as you are led to it.  You have to be patient, things rarely happen instantly all at once.

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

No.  What would you be referring to?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,971
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

12 minutes ago, FJK said:

No.  What would you be referring to?

I was asking @Thewhitedove

8 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

I was asking @Thewhitedove

Sorry, too many browser windows open at once and not paying close enough attention to what was going on in each window.

My bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Not that I know of.

2 hours ago, FJK said:

What have you openly asked the Lord for (directly, not indirectly), where have you looked for it and how have you put it into use?

Are you asking for him to do something for you then waiting till it happens or are you asking him how he wants you to do something then looking for his answer and putting it into practice?

A mandate example, if you ask for a new car because you need one that will best serve you needs (or a house or other necessity) are you looking for it to poof into existence in your driveway or are you accepting that the Lord knows your needs and will direct you as you visit car lots and read for sale ads then when you find one trusting he has led you to it and making the purchase?

When we pray we should know what we are really praying for and why, otherwise we will not know where to find the answer or how to make it real in our lives.

What are you really wanting when you pray for something.  Are you, for instance, wanting to feel better about yourself and get rid of problems and is that what you are praying for or are you praying for something else hoping that will be the result of the prayer?

Know yourself, know what you really want when you pray to ask for something and don't pray for something else because you think you should hoping you'll indirectly get what you really want from it as a side effect.

If the problem is yourself you have to change yourself, ask the lord to direct how you do it then take action.  Change one little thing at a time then another and another as you are led to it.  You have to be patient, things rarely happen instantly all at once.

When I'm praying about a situation, I present my desired outcome to God and then say 'but Thy will be done'. I go about my business in the meantime. I don't wait for things to poof into existence and dont tend to pray for material things.

What I have been asking God for, is a spiritual lift that I can't deny. A revelation, a change of heart, to feel His presence, to feel connected to Him. For something to change in my spirit in a way that I know him in my inner being and not just through head knowledge. I've read the Scriptures so much but I started wondering if I've fallen in love with a character in a book rather than the eternal, living God. Jesus sounds so great in the Gospels and its so cool to see him foreshadowed in the Old Testament and to hear Luke, Paul, Peter and John's accounts. But is Jesus real TO ME? No. That's the truth. He is a theory that I believe in, like gravity or photosynthesis, but it doesn't move me. 

• Thumbs Up 1