IGNORED

I often have problems measuring up to the standards my mother has imposed upon me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I often have problems measuring up to the standards my mother has imposed upon me and wished I could become a better person in her eyes. 

This means that her demeanor was very strict because she wanted me to do well.

I often had to lie to protect myself from the pain and rejection that would come from my mother.

School is all I really had so it made me hate it more because I didn't have a real purpose.

I shouldn't be too quick to be angry at that life because God will work miracles within me.

At some point you get too old to discuss certain things and lying seems necessary. Particularly when your parents are contacted through phone or email.

Despite my setbacks I wasn't perfect but learn to figure out my own problems and move forward.

Dear lord I pray that I press on towards the mark and allow god to lead me in the path of righteousness he has in store for me. In the end his righteous path will allow me to enter heaven while dutifully following him.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Sounds horrible. Lying is not good, but often a response to control.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.90
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Sounds horrible. Lying is not good, but often a response to control.

Most people lie because they fear the consequences of truth and are trying to avoid them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62

14 hours ago, blessings from above said:

I often have problems measuring up to the standards my mother has imposed upon me and wished I could become a better person in her eyes. 

This means that her demeanor was very strict because she wanted me to do well.

I often had to lie to protect myself from the pain and rejection that would come from my mother.

School is all I really had so it made me hate it more because I didn't have a real purpose.

I shouldn't be too quick to be angry at that life because God will work miracles within me.

At some point you get too old to discuss certain things and lying seems necessary. Particularly when your parents are contacted through phone or email.

Despite my setbacks I wasn't perfect but learn to figure out my own problems and move forward.

Dear lord I pray that I press on towards the mark and allow god to lead me in the path of righteousness he has in store for me. In the end his righteous path will allow me to enter heaven while dutifully following him.

I wonder why you try so hard to live up to your mother's standards when Jesus is the one we are supposed to live for. No doubt most parents are very well intentioned however it is not their standard that we are supposed to be living by. God is the one we must please and live for, even if it upsets those we love. Jesus said that he must come even before our own family members.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

3 hours ago, FJK said:

Most people lie because they fear the consequences of truth and are trying to avoid them.

Yes but the other one may be wrong and cause the fear by control and the fear of man brings a snare.

Edited by Renskedejonge

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

2 hours ago, Renskedejonge said:

Yes but the other one may be wrong and cause the fear by control and the fear of man brings a snare.

@Renskedejonge " The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe." (Proverbs 29.25)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

17 hours ago, blessings from above said:

often have problems measuring up to the standards my mother has imposed upon me and wished I could become a better person in her eyes. 

Are your parents  still alive? If they are may I suggest you ask 5hem are they ashamed of you or proud of you?

This should enable you to start laying aside the burdens from your mother.

17 hours ago, blessings from above said:

Dear lord I pray that I press on towards the mark and allow god to lead me in the path of righteousness he has in store for me. In the end his righteous path will allow me to enter heaven while dutifully following him

We obtain heaven only because it is a gift we don't  deserve and cannot earn.