Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,099
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

Not much discussion here on them or if there is, they are all seen as an enemy.

What are your thoughts on those innocent caught in this war and forced to relocate? Is the feeling "oh well"?

Do you see them all as the enemy? 

Personally I can't see it that way.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,640
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

What Palestinians? There are  no Palestinians.

The population of the Gaza strip is a hot bed of terrorists supported by  it's general population is it not?

Bad things happen when one's goal in life is to wipe out another race of people. Sometimes severe retribution occurs. This isn't bean bag. 

Is it a so what  thing? No! It is just plain awful, but rules of war, play nice! Really? I kill you with honor or I kill you with dishonor or you kill me. Is there a difference in the end result?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Starise said:

Not much discussion here on them or if there is, they are all seen as an enemy.

What are your thoughts on those innocent caught in this war and forced to relocate? Is the feeling "oh well"?

Do you see them all as the enemy? 

Personally I can't see it that way.

In a sense they are all the enemy, but not because they have chosen to be but because that is all they have been taught from the day they were born and they know nothing else.

I see them as people who need redemption and reconciliation  with God through Christ and I imagine those who truly seek to be righteous before God will accept Christ and those who are truly evil and oppose him out of their own hatreds will reject him, the same as any other people on earth.

But my question is how do we carry the Gospel to them, the ones that want to find and serve the true God, without being killed by the ones that have given themselves over to evil?

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

The population of the Gaza strip is a hot bed of terrorists supported by  it's general population is it not?

This is what we have all been told. Probably true that the strip is run by anti Israel groups. What is the strip really composed of in its entirety?

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Is it a so what  thing? No! It is just plain awful, but rules of war, play nice! Really? I kill you with honor or I kill you with dishonor or you kill me. Is there a difference in the end result?

NO war isn't nice. I'm asking you how you see the people. 

11 minutes ago, FJK said:

In a sense they are all the enemy, but not because they have chosen to be but because that is all they have been taught from the day they were born and they know nothing else.

I believe this to be an over generalization, maybe enough true to say a majority but not true enough to say all of them. It would be like saying all Americans love Trump. At least this is the way I see it. Being taught something having it forced MAY turn many of them away from it.

11 minutes ago, FJK said:

But my question is how do we carry the Gospel to them, the ones that want to find and serve the true God, without being killed by the ones that have given themselves over to evil?

That's a good question. I don't believe some of the types of 'evangelism' used on the Jewish people have worked very well because it was sometimes seen as coercion.

All they see is a country the west associates itself with and calls itself Christian attacking them. I'm not saying that's the way it is, I'm saying that's what they see. How would you counter that? How would you know a terrorist from an innocent?

9 minutes ago, Starise said:

NO war isn't nice. I'm asking you how you see the people.

I see all people individually, as candidates to be turned from their individual sin against God to seeing Jesus as Lord God and savior by the Holy Spirit.  

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Starise said:

I believe this to be an over generalization, maybe enough true to say a majority but not true enough to say all of them. It would be like saying all Americans love Trump. At least this is the way I see it. Being taught something having it forced MAY turn many of them away from it.

In the reality of it there are only two sides you can be on, you either serve the Lord or you oppose him and that puts you on the other side, the side of Satan.

Satan and those on his side are the enemy.

There is no in between, no middle ground to be on, if you aren't on one side you are on the other by default.

Our duty as Christians is to rescue as many as possible from Satan's side and bring them to the Lords side so they no longer be the enemy, but we seem to forget that for the larger part.

Each of us has our role to play in it, some to evangelize an some to support those who evangelize in whatever manner God has given us to do it, but we should never forget that the carrying of the Gospel to those on the other side is the goal we have as we do it.

Not an esy thing to do.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FJK said:

Not an easy thing to do.

Impossible even if it is not in God's plan that it be so.

It is not God's plan that I decide who is and who is not to be turned about to their repentance  of sin against Him.  It is God's command that I share of the gospel of Yeshua.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

John 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, FJK said:

In the reality of it there are only two sides you can be on, you either serve the Lord or you oppose him and that puts you on the other side, the side of Satan.

Satan and those on his side are the enemy.

There is no in between, no middle ground to be on, if you aren't on one side you are on the other by default.

Our duty as Christians is to rescue as many as possible from Satan's side and bring them to the Lords side so they no longer be the enemy, but we seem to forget that for the larger part.

Each of us has our role to play in it, some to evangelize an some to support those who evangelize in whatever manner God has given us to do it, but we should never forget that the carrying of the Gospel to those on the other side is the goal we have as we do it.

Not an esy thing to do.

I see your point. Being on a "side" makes the other side the enemy, but who are we fighting? That really isn't a fair question because 

I know you know the answer on a spiritual plane, so what we 'fight' here as americans is nothing in a physical sense. Not us specifically.  We live in countries most often where we were born and feel most comfortable. Like the NFL we have teams our countries are on that we can either endorse or not endorse.

If our country says we should attack another country we should all side with it right? I would say wrong. Look at all the stupid wars we have been dragged into for nothing more than the interests of the elites.

Israel is a little different because many Christians feel they are a part of our spiritual DNA. THey feel the MUST side with anything Israel does. That leads to the question, Is Israel doing the things that should be supported? If so, why? 

I am not sympathetic to those attacks in Israel that kicked this whole thing off. Is it really any of our business what Israel does? If by our support we attack what we are told is an enemy of Israel as a preemptive strategy is that an over escalation? Remember it all began with missles fired over Israel and terrorists hang gliding in with a mission to kill and destroy. I think some kind of a response was necessary. I am concerned about us getting involved and escalating it.

We then see the innocent in this on both sides as a 'necessary' thing and it gets eliminated from our concerns, Meanwhile people are suffering due to all of this. What would you suggest?

8 minutes ago, Starise said:

That leads to the question, Is Israel doing the things that should be supported? If so, why? 

If those things mean trying to survive in an aggressively hostile international environment that supports or actively tries to exterminate them, yes.

In a war you either kill the enemy till they are gone or they surrender and stop being your enemy or you die at their hands.  Leaving a living enemy behind you ends up getting you a bayonet in your back and it starts all over again on a grander scale.

In my day it was the Vietcong who were my enemies in war.  While I'm sure there were many very fine people on their side that doesn't change the fact that they were shooting at me with the intent of killing me and that made them my enemy.

This is the nature of war, it's been that way since the earliest days of mankind.

• Thanks 1