Pride/being more superior, thinking of oneself as more superior

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

The bible, any religious video, any book or preacher will always say the same thing... No matter who you are unless your God, literall God in spirit, then you are but a man. And thinking of oneself as more superior than another is pridefull, and wrong. Well my question is, Jesus was the son of God, and had Gods spirit in him, but was still put here as a man, and even he said too others when they would bow, and worship him too please stand because he is but a man he would say, and he would rarely take credit for the amazing things he did after doing them. He would often do them, some would praise some would be hatfull and accuse him of blasphemy, fasle teaching' s, and works of the enemy etc... then Jesus would leave. So though he was the son of God should he have thought himself to be more than others or more superior than other men, and women, and children... Because he claimed not to be, other than when he said to the people that he is the son, but other than that, he would flat out say he is but a man. He never had pride, I doubt he ever even had a pridefull thought... So does that mean, even the son of God though BEING more superior than others, shouldnt THINK of himself that way?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.92
  • Days Won:  1

When he washed the feet of his apostles he offered himself as the humble servant of Man.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

18 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

So does that mean, even the son of God though BEING more superior than others, shouldnt THINK of himself that way?

Jesus had every reason to think he was superior to mere human, but he was very  aware that the reason he was incarnated was to serve mankind, as a teacher and as an atoning sacrifice.

As he was sinless pride was not part of his character.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I'd say "forgive them, for they know not what they do" plays into it as well. There's a strong element of love to that, but humility could arguably fit in as well. Getting beaten and mocked by the very people He was trying to help is some serious insult to injury. Knowing His own importance and power in relation to theirs I think it took a certain level of humility to quietly take it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 2/18/2024 at 4:54 AM, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

The bible, any religious video, any book or preacher will always say the same thing... No matter who you are unless your God, literall God in spirit, then you are but a man. And thinking of oneself as more superior than another is pridefull, and wrong. Well my question is, Jesus was the son of God, and had Gods spirit in him, but was still put here as a man, and even he said too others when they would bow, and worship him too please stand because he is but a man he would say, and he would rarely take credit for the amazing things he did after doing them. He would often do them, some would praise some would be hatfull and accuse him of blasphemy, fasle teaching' s, and works of the enemy etc... then Jesus would leave. So though he was the son of God should he have thought himself to be more than others or more superior than other men, and women, and children... Because he claimed not to be, other than when he said to the people that he is the son, but other than that, he would flat out say he is but a man. He never had pride, I doubt he ever even had a pridefull thought... So does that mean, even the son of God though BEING more superior than others, shouldnt THINK of himself that way?

There's another related question that asks, "When did Jesus know He was the Messiah?"

We have His statement in Luke 2:49, "Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?"

His statements, proclamations, teachings and actions during His ministry would be extremely narcissistic coming from anyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1