Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

There are some people who report lies,false doctrine and fake news as fact.Though this has been going on for thousands of years now,the fake news just keeps being printed and posted.

Here is one such example of falsehood being taught as fact.

"Maybe you missed the fact here.  Jerusalem was invaded and destroyed in 70 AD by Antiochus.  This is history, not some "teaching" by some "teacher".  I don't know where you get info, but 70 AD is when Antiochus entered the temple, declared himself god and forced the Jews to worship him.  He also sacrificed a pig on the altar.

You should check your "facts" before making claims."

Be careful who you learn from..If you don't know who it is that reported such false doctrine as facts, then you shouldn't teach it as a fact .Not only are you allowing yourself to be decieved,you would be deceiving other people as well.

Mathew ,23:24

You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,416
  • Content Per Day:  8.22
  • Days Won:  0

Wow.  A whole thread about me.  Aw, shucks, you shouldn't have.

However, I checked my facts again, and realized my mistake.  The prophecy of Daniel certainly applies to what Antiochus did in Jerusalem, and parallels what the beast (a/c) will d0 during the Tribulation.  It was Titus who destroyed the temple in 70 AD.

Since I don't give much attention to the OT prophecies, it's easy to forget the details.  I much prefer the prophecies found in the NT.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

However, I checked my facts again, and realized my mistake.  The prophecy of Daniel certainly applies to what Antiochus did in Jerusalem, and parallels what the beast (a/c) will d0 during the Tribulation.  It was Titus who destroyed the temple in 70 AD.

Since I don't give much attention to the OT prophecies, it's easy to forget the details.  I much prefer the prophecies found in the NT.

Don't flatter yourself.

Your not the first to make a mistake about about Antiochus.The mistakes made about him have decieved many.

Daniel 12

And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Daniels prophecy has been closed up and sealed till the time of the end.The end was not in 164 BC and the earlier interpretations insisting antiochus is the king of the north were false.

Anyone who believes In Jesus Christ should be able to realize this seeing Jesus said the prophecy written by Daniel would be fulfilled at his coming.

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Don't flatter yourself.

I don't have to when others make a thread about me.  :) 

Your not the first to make a mistake about about Antiochus.The mistakes made about him have decieved many.

Keep missing the point, I see.  Antiochus fulfilled the Daniel prophecy.  All one needs to do is know when Daniel wrote the prophecy and know when Antiochus fulfilled it.

But so what?  The end times beast (A/C) will do the same.

Daniel 12

And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Your point here?

Daniels prophecy has been closed up and sealed till the time of the end.The end was not in 164 BC and the earlier interpretations insisting antiochus is the king of the north were false.

Anyone who believes In Jesus Christ should be able to realize this seeing Jesus said the prophecy written by Daniel would be fulfilled at his coming.

Scroll up a bit.  That's what I said.

23 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

I don't have to when others make a thread about me.  :) 

Keep missing the point, I see.  Antiochus fulfilled the Daniel prophecy.  All one needs to do is know when Daniel wrote the prophecy and know when Antiochus fulfilled it.

But so what?  The end times beast (A/C) will do the same.

Your point here?

Scroll up a bit.  That's what I said.

You checked your facts after I told you they were false.

Yet you come again with  more wrong facts.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

FG, if you do not mind, it is my pleasure that there are only 4 kingdoms that are symbolized by the metal man image. And this is reinforced by Daniel in chapter 7 and other chapters. 

Antiochus, as well as the folks that came after the death of Alexander and the time his 4 generals were given portions of his kingdom came between the 3rd kingdom of Greece and the 4th kingdom of Rome. 

I don’t see anything in Daniel that refers to Antiochus, the Ptolemy’s, the Seleucid's, etc. 

Would you mind telling me what verses in Daniel speak to Antiochus?

Thanks, Charlie 

45 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You checked your facts after I told you they were false.

Again, what is the point?  

45 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Yet you come again with  more wrong facts.

And which facts would those be?

Oh, and another fact:  the title is misspelled.

Edited by FreeGrace
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

FG, if you do not mind, it is my pleasure that there are only 4 kingdoms that are symbolized by the metal man image. And this is reinforced by Daniel in chapter 7 and other chapters. 

Antiochus, as well as the folks that came after the death of Alexander and the time his 4 generals were given portions of his kingdom came between the 3rd kingdom of Greece and the 4th kingdom of Rome. 

I don’t see anything in Daniel that refers to Antiochus, the Ptolemy’s, the Seleucid's, etc. 

Would you mind telling me what verses in Daniel speak to Antiochus?

Thanks, Charlie 

Dan 9:27 - He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Dan 11:31 - “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Dan 12:11 - “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days

Antiochus entered the temple, and sacrificed a pig on the altar, the highest form of blasphemy he could.  

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

49 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

Dan 9:27 - He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.”

Dan 11:31 - “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.

Dan 12:11 - “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days

Antiochus entered the temple, and sacrificed a pig on the altar, the highest form of blasphemy he could.  

If you do not mind, I would like to offer a different interpretation on these verses… I have to go right now. Thanks.