• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.34
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.00
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils

the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Body + Spirit=Soul

A living soul has awareness, consciousness as a function of having a living body and the breath of life within. This is the spirit of the mind. Clearly, an interaction exists between all, but the mind must be able to function by the Spirit, and still be a living soul. The Word of God separates soul and spirit, which is discerned by the renewed mind, remaining aware of the body, but overcoming the desires within.

From Bibles For America Blog

3 Greek words for life

Psuche refers to the psychological life of the human soul, that is, the mind, emotion, and will. The English word psychology comes from psuche.

https://blog.biblesforamerica.org/greek-words-for-life/#:~:text=Psuche refers to the psychological,word psychology comes from psuche.

This is standard Christian dogma concerning the soul.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” 

But we have the mind of Christ.

If we have the mind of Christ, do we have the soul of Christ?

If we pray "not my will but yours be done" and the will is of the soul,

then do we have the soul of Christ?

What are emotions? How are they addressed in scripture?

Is fear an emotion???

The soul consisting of mind, will and emotions is derived from Greek psychology.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,100
  • Content Per Day:  9.71
  • Days Won:  149

This is one of those subjects where I think the descriptions mean different things to different people depending on the angle.

I think we can agree we are the sum of multiple processes happening at the same time. We are a "unit" here on earth with all things working in tandem.

There are parts of us that can be seen and measured, while other parts of us involve processes science is yet to comprehend or measure. Their simple answer is we are simply a walking gut bag and anything we think of as a spirit or a soul is simply some minute electrical impuses happening inside our brains.

Science in general discounts anything it can't measure, but instead of being open to the possibility of the existence of a thing, it completely writes it off as non existent, yet that very same science will say a series of random events caused us to happen over billions of years. It makes an unsurety in one breath and a certainly in another. Science can't measure a soul therefore it doesn't exist. Science can't prove our origins, therefore it makes up convenient theories and says "good enough". 

I believe this shows the illogic in what they believe is logic. Do you see the double standard here? 

Who here thought science was about discovery and not denial?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.75
  • Days Won:  1

Emotions are born from instinct, something we have from our beginning in the womb.  In this sense they are human nature in its most basic form.  They are part of the nature of our body and begin their existence in our physical nature as a purely physical phenomenon.

In this sense, I don't think it is possible to separate them from each other since they are inextricably intertwined and each exists as a response to the other.

After we die, I wonder what we will be like, if we will still continue our emotional nature in the spiritual realm or leave it behind in this and become something entirely different (like the angels?).

This is actually a highly expansive subject if pursued with serious intent.

On 3/5/2024 at 6:37 PM, Mr. M said:

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils

Body + Spirit=Soul

A living soul has awareness, consciousness as a function of having a living body and the breath of life within. This is the spirit of the mind. Clearly, an interaction exists between all, but the mind must be able to function by the Spirit, and still be a living soul. The Word of God separates soul and spirit, which is discerned by the renewed mind, remaining aware of the body, but overcoming the desires within.

3 Greek words for life

Psuche refers to the psychological life of the human soul, that is, the mind, emotion, and will. The English word psychology comes from psuche.

https://blog.biblesforamerica.org/greek-words-for-life/#:~:text=Psuche refers to the psychological,word psychology comes from psuche.

1 Corinthians 2:16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” 

Is fear an emotion???

The soul consisting of mind, will and emotions is derived from Greek psychology.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh,

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Consider peace as a fruit of the Spirit:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

So we see that emotions either originate from the Spirit to our spirit, and is a condition of the heart, or they originate from "the world" and are earthy, of the flesh. The emotions manifest as a part of the life or soul of an individual, but all are either born of flesh or spirit.

Psuche=soul=life

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life (psuche) what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 

My conclusions are that the soul or life of a person is the totality of their experiences, the mind and heart determine the manifestations of the soul's condition, and the attempt to compartmentalize these things after a Greek model of psychology neglects the "heart" of the matter.

Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied:

they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

John 3:31 He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth

is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.

John 8:23 And He said to them, You are from beneath; I am from above. 

You are of this world; I am not of this world.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:37 PM, Mr. M said:

Body + Spirit=Soul

3 Greek words for life

Is fear an emotion???

The soul consisting of mind, will and emotions is derived (or according to ??)  from Greek psychology?

"then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,
and the man became a living creature". ESV... vs ...soul?  Do animals have a soul?
Or does all humans have a live/dead spirit, lost or saved? scriptures?

Strongs;  nephesh, neh'-fesh; 5315 from H5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):—any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, × dead(-ly), desire, × (dis-) contented, × fish, ghost, greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, × jeopardy of) life (× in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, slay, soul, tablet, they, thing, (× she) will, × would have it.                                                                                                                        ^^^^

Thanks Mr. M

33 minutes ago, Sower said:

The soul consisting of mind, will and emotions is derived (or according to ??)  from Greek psychology?

"then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,
and the man became a living creature". ESV... vs ...soul?  Do animals have a soul?
Or does all humans have a live/dead spirit, lost or saved? scriptures?

Strongs;  nephesh, neh'-fesh; 5315 from H5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):—any, appetite, beast, body, breath, creature, × dead(-ly), desire, × (dis-) contented, × fish, ghost, greedy, he, heart(-y), (hath, × jeopardy of) life (× in jeopardy), lust, man, me, mind, mortally, one, own, person, pleasure, (her-, him-, my-, thy-) self, them (your) -selves, slay, soul, tablet, they, thing, (× she) will, × would have it.                                                                                                                        ^^^^

Thanks Mr. M

On 3/5/2024 at 6:37 PM, Mr. M said:

Body + Spirit=Soul

Did this description work for you?

3 hours ago, Mr. M said:

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh,

and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Consider peace as a fruit of the Spirit:

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

So we see that emotions either originate from the Spirit to our spirit, and is a condition of the heart, or they originate from "the world" and are earthy, of the flesh. The emotions manifest as a part of the life or soul of an individual, but all are either born of flesh or spirit.

Psuche=soul=life

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life (psuche) what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 

My conclusions are that the soul or life of a person is the totality of their experiences, the mind and heart determine the manifestations of the soul's condition, and the attempt to compartmentalize these things after a Greek model of psychology neglects the "heart" of the matter.

Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied:

they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

Is this consistent with the simplicity of the Gospel?