15 members have voted

1. 1. I like Worthy because..

• I can find fellowship and like minded people
    • I am curious about the bible
    • I like to debate topics
    • I'm not sure why I'm here
    • All of the above except for item 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2024 at 04:00 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 3/6/2024 at 9:10 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

I like Worthy because the people here are cordial. 

@Your closest friendnt There are friendly folk here, yes, indeed.........

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Starise said:

If we can't be teased, I think we have a long way to go personally.

By "teasers of Christians'  I am being kind as to their motives. These teasers are of two groups at least; the wolves that come in sheep's clothing to bite the sheep. They need be rejected for they  are not here to discuss, nor debate, but to debase our Lord's name and scatter the sheep of thy can. And then there are the many minions of Satans too; those that have been turned over to their own strong delusions by God.

To let either group have free reign over the the breadth of the ministry's works is shear folly, one that can and likely will kill a ministry for what has the ministry to do with Belial? To set them aside, sandbox them as you have called it is generous of the ministry, and imo the wiser way to go about sharing, if led of the Holy Spirit to do so.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

25 minutes ago, FJK said:

I think many of the unbelievers we find here and on other Christian forums may be unconsiously (or even consciously) seeking a reason to believe in something other than what they profess to be believing in as they post.

This should not be overlooked as a means of bringing the gospel to those who are seeking something to believe in other than themselves.

Just my thinking, not professing it, just thinking about it.

Amen brother! I think this is what it's all about!!  All of us were lost at one point. I don't see how isolation helps any of that. I also understand maybe isolating briefly  if it is needed. We have measures for that kind of thing.

16 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

By "teasers of Christians'  I am being kind as to their motives. These teasers are of two groups at least; the wolves that come in sheep's clothing to bite the sheep. They need be rejected for they  are not here to discuss, nor debate, but to debase our Lord's name and scatter the sheep of thy can. And then there are the many minions of Satans too; those that have been turned over to their own strong delusions by God.

To let either group have free reign over the the breadth of the ministry's works is shear folly, one that can and likely will kill a ministry for what has the ministry to do with Belial? To set them aside, sandbox them as you have called it is generous of the ministry, and imo the wiser way to go about sharing, if led of the Holy Spirit to do so.

The wolves are pretty easy to spot when pressed. Here's a question for you. Can a person become undeluded? You yourself were once atheist.

The church I attend allows a measure of risk in order to recieve the full benefit of the Lord's work. You let the good fish in, a few bad fish will follow, when that happens there are ways to deal with it. To stop all fish squelches the effectivness of the gospel 100%. 

A friend of mine once told me he didn't believe any of the stuff that church taught, but he still went because he liked those who were around him. He eventaully accepted the Lord as Saviour. If we had shunned him, what then???

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I see your point and it is difficult to control those situations, or if there are stringent controls, then isolation would be a part of the ministry.

The way I see it, is Worthy is foremost a testimonial forum. It is difficult as it is to witness out in the open air physical environment as the public seems to be more antagonistic, especially in the metropolitan areas. 

People have a lot of curious questions and they may feel more comfortable behind the keyboard to be more open. Yes, there are the trolls and others that come to disrupt and cause discord, but this is the price for open forum.   Some controls as to TOS, are put in place and it is up to the reader to choose his plate and cup.

Frequent users of the forum would see all the mischiefs and deliberate disrupters, and would dislike it, and who can blame them.   

The way I look at it, is , those who come to cause confusion ect. , would hear the Gospel and that will be their decision on how they see the truths .   They can then have that Damascus experience and come home, or can continue in folly. 

Edited by warrior12
  • Well Said! 2

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

The way I look at it, is , those who come to cause confusion ect. , would hear the Gospel and that will be their decision on how they see the truths .   They can then have that Damascus experience and come home, or can continue in folly. 

Double amens here :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

They can then have that Damascus experience and come home. 

Yes they can. And it may be that happens many years down the road after they have come by here for a few volleys at the Christians. For no  person saves another. That is the work  of and by the Holy Spirit. Nonetheless to endure literally scores of attackers ( teasers) does poison a good ministry whether it be this one or a local church body or a home group.

Bad company kills good fellowship. Fellowship is more than being friendly, least it is to me, it is the sharing one with another of a common important cause, that of lifting each other up in the faithing of/by Jesus so that each party is strengthened for the endurance of running the race as though to win it.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes theycn. And it may be that happens many years down the road after they have come by here for a few volleys at the Christians. For no  person saves another.That is the work  of and by the Holy Spirit. Nonetheless to endure literally scores of attackers ( teasers) does poison a good ministry whether it be this one or a local church body or a home group.

I am in no way condoning that. I don't think we've ever seen "scores" of teasers here. What I most tend to see are those who  push a doctrine on the Christian end of things and insist it is THE doctrine and then proceed to argue said doctrines endlessly. Those types generally get banned. Many of those could be believers, just really hard headed ones. One recently who fled to another forum where he still is and where he gets a lot of flak about his views.

Honest behaved unbelievers I would discuss anything with. In fact I feel it's one of my callings.

It's a staw man to suggest we have so many who would abuse a privilege here. I haven't seen it. Are we so thin skinned we can tolerate an unbeliver asking questions?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Starise said:

It's a staw man

No Starwise it is not even such a suggestion. I am have seen a little history here since 2016, just eight years of it's history, where wolves have done or tried to do evil  and make the sheep scatter.

Beware the wolves is sage advice for any ministry.

To set aside areas for mentoring for discipleship and even controversy makes very good organizational sense to me. That way  it is concentrated and does not get lost  among the various fellowshipping and general conversation.

Yes there are what forms as packs of evil  with a cause to destroy Christian message boards those boards that simply tolerate it up and die from th many wounds that make it an unpleasant place to be  coming to for any Christian enlightenment.

There is one board that  did such wonderful  education, but allowed the pack of little antichrists to run amuck till everyone but two have left it to the pack  alone to berate our Lord.

So I disagree with your conclusion and advice to the management of this ministry regarding this subject. What the management does is up to how the Holy Spirit leads  of course, as for me I advise against free reign being extended to the many little antichrists especially the wolves amongst the sheep.

Edited by Neighbor
Spotted some typos

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

So I disagree with your conclusion and advice to the management of this ministry regarding this subject. what the management does is up to how the Holy Spirit leads  of course, as for me I advise against free reign being extended to the many little antichrists especially the wolves amongst the sheep.

Once again I never condoned free reign. I only applaud peaceful discourse. We are not in disagreement over shutting down trouble makers, but I don't see all unbelievers as trouble makers.

One thing I know beyond all doubt. The HS seldom does anything in a way we might predict, therefore closing doors unecessarily seems to show a lack of something to me unless it's absolutely necessary.

Is the person asking a question because they want to know or are they asking a question because they are attempting to undermine your faith? Even if the latter is true it may be a risk worth taking for THEIR sake. 

What risk would you take to help someone see the light? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

People have strong convictions about what they believe and they think they are in the place to rightfully pass judgment as to who is a "wolf" or a "wolf in sheep's clothing". Paul was seen by the Circumcision as a wolf in sheep's clothing and the same goes for the Sabath keepers. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 3