15 members have voted

1. 1. I like Worthy because..

• I can find fellowship and like minded people
    • I am curious about the bible
    • I like to debate topics
    • I'm not sure why I'm here
    • All of the above except for item 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2024 at 04:00 AM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, Starise said:

I am thinking you were on ministers before?  There are people that have hung around for years. I keep hoping the Lord will change their hearts.

I totally agree on the long posts as if they think a longer post makes it more credible. After awhile everyone puts them on ignore and they get to preach to themselves.

I think an individual coming here, obviously has a reason. Some are searching out for the mysteries of life and stop to see what Christianity teaches and why there are so many Christians , "I prefer to use the word believers" in the world ect. 

Some may come as apologist for other faiths disguised or fake their intentions.   As I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if within the forum rules has a right as anyone else to have a say. Those who choose to engage, then by all means, it's their prerogative and can abandon the thread, that's what I do anyway.  I can dialogue till I feel there is no more interest for me, but refrain from toxic arguments. 

With that I exit from this thread.   Thanks for the topic though, it is worthy, as the forum get a feedback from the few that participated.   

May I promote a reading of John Bunyan book " THE HOLY WAR ".  Written in 1682 , and is available in pdf format to download and read. It's about the Christian war when he  becomes a believer . Great read IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

29 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I think an individual coming here, obviously has a reason. Some are searching out for the mysteries of life and stop to see what Christianity teaches and why there are so many Christians , "I prefer to use the word believers" in the world ect. 

Some may come as apologist for other faiths disguised or fake their intentions.   As I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion and if within the forum rules has a right as anyone else to have a say. Those who choose to engage, then by all means, it's their prerogative and can abandon the thread, that's what I do anyway.  I can dialogue till I feel there is no more interest for me, but refrain from toxic arguments. 

With that I exit from this thread.   Thanks for the topic though, it is worthy, as the forum get a feedback from the few that participated.   

May I promote a reading of John Bunyan book " THE HOLY WAR ".  Written in 1682 , and is available in pdf format to download and read. It's about the Christian war when he  becomes a believer . Great read IMO.

Thanks for comments on this @warrior12.

Yes some probably come here under false pretenses. No doubt they do. A trait of forums in general that people can misrepresent themselves. 

I will discuss. I don't see it as engaging. At least not on my end of things.

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

I have been here since 2009. I do agree with One Light and Jade that things are not the same as they were in the past. Some folks are in heaven and some folks moved on.  In saying this I do remember when One Light, Fez and NCN were Adm. I really loved the way they reached out to the other members in ministry.  I was close with NCN and Watchman and honestly they knew Ministry and how to care for others with God's Love.

As far as the not so serious threads. It's ok to have that but to do that all the time isn't reality I think. Then maybe it does become like Facebook some?  I don't feel others that have commented have said it's wrong it's just they are like me and they like the ministry part of Worthy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Starise said:

I can text you my drivers license if you have any questions about me.

That won't be necessary. The point I made is simple: in a forum, what you read is what you get. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Patticats said:

I have been here since 2009. I do agree with One Light and Jade that things are not the same as they were in the past. Some folks are in heaven and some folks moved on.  In saying this I do remember when One Light, Fez and NCN were Adm. I really loved the way they reached out to the other members in ministry.  I was close with NCN and Watchman and honestly they knew Ministry and how to care for others with God's Love.

As far as the not so serious threads. It's ok to have that but to do that all the time isn't reality I think. Then maybe it does become like Facebook some?  I don't feel others that have commented have said it's wrong it's just they are like me and they like the ministry part of Worthy. 

I appreciate your thoughts @Patticats.

I didn't know the ones you mention. Would they be like Omegaman maybe? He seemed to really spend a lot of time with members. 

Caring for others with God's love says a lot in a few words.  Is love really love if it's difficult?  God has no trouble loving us. If we have that love, then we should be more than able to do it too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

19 minutes ago, Starise said:

I appreciate your thoughts @Patticats.

I didn't know the ones you mention. Would they be like Omegaman maybe? He seemed to really spend a lot of time with members. 

Caring for others with God's love says a lot in a few words.  Is love really love if it's difficult?  God has no trouble loving us. If we have that love, then we should be more than able to do it too. 

Exactly, my friend. I remember George's vision for Worthy --- "auto-George" spells it out after the first post of every topic in the Welcome forum --- and I'm in agreement with our brother. There is something for all of us here, from theological discussions to lighter-hearted discourse, and the key to it all is to treat other members with care. 

Why should the preferences of other members matter so much that tiresome rants are devoted to such a thing? One brother frequents the Eschatology forum while another avoids it. So what? So long as members are mindful of Worthy's ToS and SoF, it doesn't matter at all. As far as I know, George didn't amend the ToS to ban joking around or posting about matters that some frown upon. If he did and I'm not aware of it, I better grab a number and stand in line for the banhammer to smite me. :thumbup:

banhammer_forecast.gif

• Haha 2

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  575
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,690
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

If we belong to Christ then the Holy Spirit lives in us. In saying this it's how much we choose to allow the Holy Spirit to use us to reach others. The Heart of God is to reach others for Him. God doesn't want any to perish. My goal is to minister and reach others for Him. This life isn't just about me. He loves us all.  There is a hurting dying world out there. I'll keep praying.

1 minute ago, Marathoner said:

Exactly, my friend. I remember George's vision for Worthy --- "auto-George" spells it out after the first post of every topic in the Welcome forum --- and I'm in agreement with our brother. There is something for all of us here, from theological discussions to lighter-hearted discourse, and the key to it all is to treat other members with care. 

Why should the preferences of other members matter so much that tiresome rants are devoted to such a thing? One brother frequents the Eschatology forum while another avoids it. So what? So long as members are mindful of Worthy's ToS and SoF, it doesn't matter at all. As far as I know, George didn't amend the ToS to ban joking around or posting about matters that some frown upon. If he did and I'm not aware of it, I better grab a number and stand in line for the banhammer to smite me. :thumbup:

banhammer_forecast.gif

Ouch! Don't hit me with that thing.

And this really was not the intent of my post, but maybe some see asking others how they see worthy opens things up in a negative way.

I like " What do you like about worthy" much better. Almost everything has both pros and cons that are different with most individuals.

I want to outward focus on ministry if led to do so. 

A good friend of mine recently put out this study on Christian maturity which I thought was quite good. 

In his write up he says that the less mature Christian will focus inwardly on their problems, while the more mature Christians are concerned more for others. Not that we don't all, at one time or another need a prayer and a hand, some need that more often than others. 

Maybe a spin on the old, "Say not what can my country do for me, but what can I do for my country".

I think it's more human nature to inwardly focus. I know I've done it a lot. When we are sick or down we don't gravitate out. Social groups including churches see it as them and us much of the time even when a part of a larger denomination. 

Jesus was the perfect example of sacrifice even when others didn't appreciate it. He asked God for mercy on the Roman soldiers ( they know not what they do). 

He came to die for a world of people who "know not what they do".

How we adopt that is another thing. They say no good gift goes unpunished. I can testify to that. 

• Well Said! 1

10 minutes ago, Patticats said:

If we belong to Christ then the Holy Spirit lives in us. In saying this it's how much we choose to allow the Holy Spirit to use us to reach others. The Heart of God is to reach others for Him. God doesn't want any to perish. My goal is to minister and reach others for Him. This life isn't just about me. He loves us all.  There is a hurting dying world out there. I'll keep praying.

You penned this as I posted the one above. You are mature sister!

You have it, Kwik too. Minister.

While I'm thinking of it, the verse area is something I need to visit more. It's always a treasure trove of goodness. To my discredit I sometimes get so involved in other threads I forget it's there.