15 members have voted

1. 1. I like Worthy because..

• I can find fellowship and like minded people
    • I am curious about the bible
    • I like to debate topics
    • I'm not sure why I'm here
    • All of the above except for item 5.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/17/2024 at 04:00 AM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.63
  • Days Won:  1

Sometimes -I wish it was all times- before I post I find it a good idea to wait a minute or so and reread what I have written then ask myself:  "Is there a nicer or kinder way I can say this?" or "Do I need to say anything at all about this?".

It is said that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar and I always try to keep that i mind even though I have a strong tendency to post before thinking.

When in conflict with another maybe that's not a bad idea for everyone to consider.

I see many calling themselves Christian throwing scripture back and forth at each other in hostility the same way enemies soldiers might throw spears at each other.

While I do not have the authority to judge this, I do see it as building discord within the Church, the body of Christ. instead of harmony.

Just my thoughts s of late, maybe nothing of value for anyone but myself.

I know this is a judgmental thing to say. but I feel a need to say it anyway.

May the Lord bless and guide all of us in all that we do and say this day.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

17 minutes ago, FJK said:

Sometimes -I wish it was all times- before I post I find it a good idea to wait a minute or so and reread what I have written then ask myself:  "Is there a nicer or kinder way I can say this?" or "Do I need to say anything at all about this?".

It is said that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar and I always try to keep that i mind even though I have a strong tendency to post before thinking.

When in conflict with another maybe that's not a bad idea for everyone to consider.

I see many calling themselves Christian throwing scripture back and forth at each other in hostility the same way enemies soldiers might throw spears at each other.

While I do not have the authority to judge this, I do see it as building discord within the Church, the body of Christ. instead of harmony.

Just my thoughts s of late, maybe nothing of value for anyone but myself.

I know this is a judgmental thing to say. but I feel a need to say it anyway.

May the Lord bless and guide all of us in all that we do and say this day.

I think at least some of this is in seperating the view from the person. Views are not things we can hold and they can be changed, however will never be changed in conflict.

The way the view is presented is yet another art many haven't grasped. Not saying I always have either.

Phrases like, "Could I suggest" or "Have you looked at this?" or " I am willing to change my view if it can be shown otherwise".

Not," you stupid moron that's a bunch of crock" That one is sure to flag moderation. Most I see here never engage in that behavior, some occasionally and they are often apologetic they had a bad day and life goes on after some talking to them. I was once one of those. 

It's all in the second commandment Jesus gave us. Love your neighbor as yourself. Did it say saved Christian neighbor? No it didn't. WE tend to cross paths with those we think are belivers here, yet that caveat remains.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,448
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Yes they can. And it may be that happens many years down the road after they have come by here for a few volleys at the Christians. For no  person saves another. That is the work  of and by the Holy Spirit. Nonetheless to endure literally scores of attackers ( teasers) does poison a good ministry whether it be this one or a local church body or a home group.

I think there are quite a number of believers here who can stand up against the disrupters.  Some are afraid to dirty their hands, so to speak, but the matter of the New Testament doctrine speaks and can defend itself.  After all, we are dealing with spiritual matters, and all types of arguments is sure to arise.  

The believers here has to make their voice heard in strong agreement, so the trolls and troublemakers must flee, when weak or disruptive post or other are initiated.

As believers, as we know, the dislike and the rest would come from the world, but like CHRISTIAN from John Bunyan book "The Pilgrims Progress", the journey is filled with obstacles and Satan unending pursuit of discouraging the believer and to wear him out.  Love that book as it states the believers walk in vivid colors.  

So, let us stand together and route out the troublemakers. We cannot run and hide, as we are soldiers in the army or the Lord and also must remember, we do not fight against flesh and blood. It is spiritual warfare that we engage in.

2 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So, let us stand together and route out the troublemakers.

Would you minister to them first? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Would you minister to them first? 

Yes, Indeed, to the point that the conversation is not dogmatic and stuck. Then, just have to move on .

5 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Yes, Indeed, to the point that the conversation is not dogmatic and stuck. Then, just have to move on .

You see maybe we differ. I don't see it as black and white. They may come back the next day in a different frame of mind, but if we wrote them off..............

Sometimes we get the broken records, almost seem to be stuck in some kind of a loop. Who knows. Maybe one day through prayer that needle will jump the turntable.Until then I tend to back off of those types trying to scratch that record in the mean time. One only has so many minutes in a life and we are both burning them now, so if the Spirit led me to not continue. I would heed that.

IF God is anything He is patient.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Starise said:

You see maybe we differ. I don't see it as black and white. They may come back the next day in a different frame of mind, but if we wrote them off..............

Sometimes we get the broken records, almost seem to be stuck in some kind of a loop. Who knows. Maybe one day through prayer that needle will jump the turntable.Until then I tend to back off of those types trying to scratch that record in the mean time. One only has so many minutes in a life and we are both burning them now, so if the Spirit led me to not continue. I would heed that.

IF God is anything He is patient.

With experience, you learn to spot those who come to argue a position that they have done before , but name new topics in subtle ways.  It drags on and the thread becomes uninteresting and frankly boring, especially with the posting of long pages of articles ect.     

Just now, warrior12 said:

With experience, you learn to spot those who come to argue a position that they have done before , but name new topics in subtle ways.  It drags on and the thread becomes uninteresting and frankly boring, especially with the posting of long pages of articles ect.     

I am thinking you were on ministers before?  There are people that have hung around for years. I keep hoping the Lord will change their hearts.

I totally agree on the long posts as if they think a longer post makes it more credible. After awhile everyone puts them on ignore and they get to preach to themselves.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

7 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

As one who mainly posts in the " nonsense " threads  I have to say unless you get to know your brothers and sisters as we do in these fun threads  how are you to know what is hurting them ? How are you to comfort them and help them if you only see the serious side ? 

In UNI if I had a problem ( and as a single mum of 4 children doing my degrees it really did happen ) it was NOT to the stern lecturers I turned to it was to the friendly understanding ones   who would be more likely to offer a friendly encouragement than a stern  " work harder "  message Some of us that are more house bound than others may not actually see another soul for days so having someone to joke and laugh with can do far more good for the soul than an argumentative " I am right and everyone else is wrong " type that we see too often in the deeper threads ( YES  I do read most of them but do not feel inclined to debate them with people who just want to be told how right they are )

There are many that I miss especially the ones with the gift of encouragement and joy in their hearts  

Seeing as how this is the internet, and what we see here is the medium in question, this is surely not the place for fruit inspectors and finger-pointers to ply their trade. What they do is bad enough as it is; their peril is compounded by waxing poetic regarding matters they cannot possibly know nor perceive. 

This is an internet forum. Anyone can project whatever persona or demeanor they wish. To assume otherwise is indicative of gross misunderstanding. 

Ah, but then we are given a wonderful opportunity to share, encourage, and lift one another up in Christ. That, my friends, is what this medium is all about. That's also what we should be doing in face-to-face life! 

The apostle Paul teaches us not to hold our own opinions too highly. It seems to me that what some seek to avoid (or take a break from) are members who occupy themselves with governing the affairs of their neighbor. They enjoy examining others, but seem to miss examining themselves. 

We can say, "I've seen this movie before." Yep. Some hold themselves in very high esteem indeed. 

• Brilliant! 1

5 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

This is an internet forum. Anyone can project whatever persona or demeanor they wish. To assume otherwise is indicative of gross misunderstanding. 

I can text you my drivers license if you have any questions about me.

• Haha 1