I feel something is missing in my Christian life

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I suggest simply spending more time talking to Jesus.  Directly.  Jesus wants to give you peace.

Matthew 11:29-30

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

16 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I am a Christian, and I have done things that most would have not done, and that most would have called crazy, and said I went to far but I did them for God. For example I walked in sandals with no socks in winter for 6 miles
Picking up garbage on the side of the road, and filled up garbage bags full of garbadge because I felt that’s what God wanted me to do. I walked around to parking lots where people were, and to houses, a gave almost all of my things to random people, because I felt God wanted me to give to others wethor it left me dry or not to prove myself to God. I also realize God was telling me I didn’t HAVE TO DO ANY OF THESE THINGS, but the point is that I WANTED TO to show him I am and always will be his loyal servant to the loving father almighty, and that I love him with all my heart. I’m not boasting though in any way just to be clear, the reason I’m mentioning these things is because I’ve done them things, I’ve over came many drug addictions, I overcame being an alcoholic, I am working on stopping smoking cigarettes because I started smoking again but stopped vaping. I have dedicated my life to God, and no I don’t expect anything in return except to feel that I am an accomplished Christian that has pleased God, and to feel full when I wake up, full spiritually is what I mean, but when I wake and through the day I feel somewhat empty  spiritually like something’s missing, and I can’t figure out what I need to do. I read Bible verses all the time and religious books, I watch religious videos on YouTube, and preachers preach on YouTube, and good ones too not false teachers. So I don’t know what’s missing, I think it may be Jesus, I have accepted him as savior and, the son of God who died on the cross to save everybody in a specific way he did. I believe he was resureccted by his father 3 days later and that he did all of the things the Bible says he did, and I believe he’s lord under his father God the Almighty but I feel like there’s something holding me back from fully putting my trust in Jesus, and fully accepting him, and I know that Jesus knows that. I just need some good suggestions on what to do and please try hard with your answers because this is probably one of the most important questions I’ve needed an answer for out of all my posts because I keep trying and trying, and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually.

Haven't read any of the other posts, so if there are duplicate ideas I apologize.

First off, Welcome to Worthy!! 

I will tell you what happened and what continues to happen with me so maybe you can see something that might help you ok?

One thing any new believer needs is fellowship. Are you meeting with a group of likeminded people?

I was on Quora yesterday reading line after line of statements from atheists who don't believe in God, with many of them getting many hundreds of likes from other atheists. You could say I was in their 'company' for awhile. Most of it was similar.  "If God would show me EVIDENCE I would believe". God drowned everyone and will burn anyone who doesn't agree with Him in hell. Why follow a God like that? 

All in all it was a very depressing negative place to be in, even though I could somewhat sympathize because to the natural man, this is their only reality. Unless they are open to God and allow Him to show them they will never know. In order for that to happen they need to seek God, but many of them won't seek after something they don't see a need for. Then it comes down to some kind of a spiritual intervention is needed for them to even consider such a thing. They don't think they see any god in anything.

Christians have a purpose and a reason. Most importantly we have a personal relationship with Jesus through prayer. We accepted His sacrifice as you did. Jesus LOVES you.

One of the greatest characters in the bible, David had terrible days. We can read it in the Psalms. He never doubted God though. He trusted in God for his needs and he never questioned what God did. 

We will all have those down days. If you stay in fellowship with other belivers, pray, confess anything that stands between you and Him, and read the bible, you will grow stronger in your faith. Right now it may be more important to spend time with God than any videos etc. Just spend time with Him. Share your frustrations with Him.

"and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually. "

We all have those feelings occasionally, but remember our salvation is never based on us or how we feel. You WILL feel better again. He knows more about you than you do, and He will give you what you need if you stay in him.

Does that help? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

16 minutes ago, RdJ said:

Yeah that's what I miss in my life. Revival. I once went to an atheist forum with mainly angry ex christians who tried to trick you to come in with a topic 200 questions for the believer. I was really naive, had just discovered forums even existed and was like: Yay! Lets convert this bunch! That was really stupid, but I prayed for them and God gave me a dream. A lot of birds were ensnared and in a room and then the overseeer left for a moment and I quickly opened their traps and freed em.

I want all these atheists saved. I want to give them proof. I pray the church stands up and shows them proof. I mean if people get raised from the dead I can't believe that they stay atheist. And one great testimony I read from a guy who was atheist and no fantastic miracles happened, but he moved to a place where a lot of christians lived and because there was such unity and love between them he became convinced that God existed. 

that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
John 17:21 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jhn.17.21.NKJV

There's a man who went to the street with a group and they got 2000 people saved in 2 years and I went to his Bible studies and God was present there so strong. He preached about the widow who had to search for empty vessels and the oil kept flowing, which was exactly what you could notice there, cause they continually looked for empty vessels on the street.

Wow. This one is very close to my heart. To me sometimes it seems they are a hair's width from seeing things, but there is all of this disinformation out there and then they come to Christian web sites and argue with other Christians more than willing to argue back with them.

It's a really mean almost endless cycle. There is one atheist I pray for in particular that they will get saved. This is really entrenched enemy territory folks and we need to be about breaking it. So many disillusioned people out there who can only seem to see the natural side of things missing out on the spiritual things. 

Many falsely 'assume' some atheists are avoiding God. That might be some, but I think most are just not even there yet.

Of course atheism falls when it is closely analyzed on what makes it tick and why. It isn't a belief many go to. It is more of a default belief because they really can't or don't see God. Yet we DO know it's real. The trick for me has always been trying to help them to see it, and it can be so sad to watch it all happening.

They are individuals like anyone else and maybe no two of them have exactly the same story to tell.

Can you be more specific about that dream. Do you think God releases their minds?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, Logostician said:

I suggest simply spending more time talking to Jesus.  Directly.  Jesus wants to give you peace.

It is good,  good to ask; Lord is is good between you and me? Is there anything I need to turn about from, or turn to that you will lead me into, through the Holy Spirit that I may be better friend and servant in your name as I go though my day? Show me, show me please.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Haven't read any of the other posts, so if there are duplicate ideas I apologize.

First off, Welcome to Worthy!! 

I will tell you what happened and what continues to happen with me so maybe you can see something that might help you ok?

One thing any new believer needs is fellowship. Are you meeting with a group of likeminded people?

I was on Quora yesterday reading line after line of statements from atheists who don't believe in God, with many of them getting many hundreds of likes from other atheists. You could say I was in their 'company' for awhile. Most of it was similar.  "If God would show me EVIDENCE I would believe". God drowned everyone and will burn anyone who doesn't agree with Him in hell. Why follow a God like that? 

All in all it was a very depressing negative place to be in, even though I could somewhat sympathize because to the natural man, this is their only reality. Unless they are open to God and allow Him to show them they will never know. In order for that to happen they need to seek God, but many of them won't seek after something they don't see a need for. Then it comes down to some kind of a spiritual intervention is needed for them to even consider such a thing. They don't think they see any god in anything.

Christians have a purpose and a reason. Most importantly we have a personal relationship with Jesus through prayer. We accepted His sacrifice as you did. Jesus LOVES you.

One of the greatest characters in the bible, David had terrible days. We can read it in the Psalms. He never doubted God though. He trusted in God for his needs and he never questioned what God did. 

We will all have those down days. If you stay in fellowship with other belivers, pray, confess anything that stands between you and Him, and read the bible, you will grow stronger in your faith. Right now it may be more important to spend time with God than any videos etc. Just spend time with Him. Share your frustrations with Him.

"and still feel as a Christian that something is missing in my life spiritually. "

We all have those feelings occasionally, but remember our salvation is never based on us or how we feel. You WILL feel better again. He knows more about you than you do, and He will give you what you need if you stay in him.

Does that help? 

Yes that was a very kind, and helpfull message thank you. I am glad you root out of that atheist situation and turned more more towards God. Iwill try to talk and visit more with other Christian’s, and will share my frustrations with God more often and speak with him more thank you again God bless you.

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is good,  good to ask; Lord is is good between you and me? Is there anything I need to turn about from, or turn to that you will lead me into, through the Holy Spirit that I may be better friend and servant in your name as I go though my day? Show me, show me please.

That actually is what I just did yesterday, so that’s a good suggestion, because I didn’t know what else to do thank you.

• Interesting! 1

10 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Yes that was a very kind, and helpfull message thank you. I am glad you root out of that atheist situation and turned more more towards God. Iwill try to talk and visit more with other Christian’s, and will share my frustrations with God more often and speak with him more thank you again God bless you.

Well I wish I could say that situation is over. It isn't, but I won't give up. I won't be bothersome, but I won't stop praying. 

Please share with us as well. Let's strengthen one another.

God bless you beyond your wildest dreams!

7 hours ago, Logostician said:

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

But isn’t it wrong to pray to Jesus I know it’s said that Jesus is God and I know Jesus has his fathers spirit i

7 hours ago, Logostician said:

Is it ok to pray to Jesus though? I know he’s Gods son, and is one with his father, but I’ve always been taught that we should only pray to God the Father.

4 minutes ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

Is it ok to pray to Jesus though? I know he’s Gods son, and is one with his father, but I’ve always been taught that we should only pray to God the Father.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in to comment.

If we call on HIm He knows who you are if you are HIs.( John 10)

Jesus is our mediator so He will hear our prayers. God understands we are going through Jesus to pray if saved, so I would not get all hung up on that.