• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 3/8/2024 at 5:41 PM, warrior12 said:

This is so important. I would like to know though who and where did he the poster ]  receive this teaching.  I know there some who holds this belief, but scripture makes it abundantly clear that Jesus is Lord, and no one comes to the father but through him.

I hold the same belief that Jesus is God.  Jesus is not the Father nor the Spirit, but he is the Son.  All three have unique tasks and some same tasks,  but all three, together in a way that we cannot understand, are God.

They are one.  

I got this from the Bible.

Romans 9:5 = "To them [Jews] belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen." 

John 1:1 = "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 20:28 = Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 

2 Peter 1:1 = "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

There's more, but I will stop here.

Yes, Jesus is Lord.  He is also the Lamb, the Lion, the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Creator, and so much more.

And the Bible states by various authors that he is God.  He is not the Father, nor the Spirit, he is the Son.  They are ONE - God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,105
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

I know there is a distinction, but a few seemed to be saying that if we acknowledged God and didn't use the exact terminologies He would reject our petitions. 

Neither am I saying a disrespectul address will yield anything. Sincere hearts desperate for God will be noted in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,442
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

I hold the same belief that Jesus is God.  Jesus is not the Father nor the Spirit, but he is the Son.  All three have unique tasks and some same tasks,  but all three, together in a way that we cannot understand, are God.

They are one. 

Is it ok to pray to Jesus though? I know he’s Gods son, and is one with his father, but I’ve always been taught that we should only pray to God the Father.

Absolutely. 

I was referring to the post that  the poster made above in red.  He said that he was taught that we should pray to God the Father only.

I was trying to clip his quote and post it in here, but not having success, hence I copied it and highlighted it in Red.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  404
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

10 hours ago, Starise said:

I hate to be a stick here, but I think there are better ones. I knowest that :)

Neither will I argue over it. Not a point of contention with me. I read the NIV mostly and sometimes cf with the KJV. 

Bible reading is a necessity but should never become a legalistic pursuit.

:D ...imo

Luke 11

NIV 

1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2He said to them, “When you pray, say: “ ‘Father, a hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. b 3Give us each day our daily bread. 4Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. c And lead us not into temptation. d ’ ”

-----------

KJV

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3Give us day by day our daily bread.

4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

I believe @faithfull-prophet4040 is honest about something that often plagues many belivers, which is that we have times of human weakness that in no way affect our standing eternally. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,442
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

5 hours ago, Duck said:

Luke 11

NIV 

1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2He said to them, “When you pray, say: “ ‘Father, a hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. b 3Give us each day our daily bread. 4Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. c And lead us not into temptation. d ’ ”

-----------

1 Timothy 2 

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.

Yes, the Lord prayer is written and valid, but the cross and who paid the debt for your salvation is written all over the NT. 

John 10:30              I and the father are one.   

The whole of the NT, has to  be taken into context for the discussion. 

5 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

1 Timothy 2 

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.

Yes, the Lord prayer is written and valid, but the cross and who paid the debt for your salvation is written all over the NT. 

John 10:30              I and the father are one.   

The whole of the NT, has to  be taken into context for the discussion. 

I was highlighting the differences in both versions

Sometimes we can have carried away emotional tendencies for physical reasons.

I had way too much coffee yesterday and I forgot to take my vitamins. I just had this overwhelming sense of depression for no apparent reason. Today I pushed water instead of coffee and took my vitamins. I am in a much better frame of mind today.

I really think it was the excessive coffee. I am on a med to help me sleep I take only at night. It is also an anti-depressant, so I had thoughts maybe that was creating some kind of a brain chemical imbalance. I still praised God through it, but I felt terrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.72
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Starise said:

I had way too much coffee yesterday and I forgot to take my vitamins

They say we are what we eat (so stay away from Fruit Loops with Marshmallows).

• Haha 2