• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.94
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

On 3/12/2024 at 7:06 AM, enoob57 said:

Whenever I hear a brother or sister suggest my righteousness be found in my own effort as though my works are reliable unto God ... as if foundational of myself, past the regeneration, to why I may enter into the presence of The Father (simply NO!)
1 John 1:10 (KJV)

[10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

They have simply lowered the bar of righteousness so they themselves can feel accomplished in their own effort...

His righteousness must be found in our life's work.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,231
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 3/9/2024 at 8:15 PM, Mr. M said:

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. 

Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Washing was an important ritual of the OT priests Ex 30. Today believers are invited to come boldly to the Throne of Grace. Again today believers are priests so the need of cleansing of the blood and the washing of water of the word Eph 5. As one said purity of life is important of the believer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.32
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  6.94
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

18 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Washing was an important ritual of the OT priests Ex 30. Today believers are invited to come boldly to the Throne of Grace. Again today believers are priests so the need of cleansing of the blood and the washing of water of the word Eph 5. As one said purity of life is important of the believer. 

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word

A depth of understanding is gained from John 13...

12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

What then must we do?

Colossians 3:

12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.