luigi

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,767
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  0

In the Olivet discourse of Luke 21:20, the Lord describes Jerusalem surrounded by armies with its desolation nigh.

For those of us now who do not believe this event to have occurred in 70 AD, but is a forthcoming event; what I am then wondering about is if the current events in Gaza that are causing many nations to lose sympathy with Israel, may soon cause some or most of these nations to send their armies to Israel to terminate the current hostilities? If not this, then something else will have to cause these nations to send their armies to Israel, in order for the Luke 21:20 statement to be fulfilled.

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

I believe this could cause the false prophet to appear in Israel next year.

When I read the Olivet discourse,I see a series of events pertaining to the last 3.5 years.

The arrival of the false prophet into israel,that is the second beast in revelation 13.

Luke 21

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Then the persecution of the christians in Israel begins and lasts 3.5 years.A time,times and a half.

Luke 21

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

Then the  nations attack Israel leading to a nuclear war.

Luke 21

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

From my understanding,the abomination that causes desolation is placed in Jerusalem AFTER the muslim nations have conquered Israel.The abomination of desolation being the cause of fearful and great signs in the heavens in the previous verse.

The abomination of desolation which causes great tribulation is what I believe to be Israelis nuclear policy being implemented by its closest ally.The policy is called the Samson option.

The Samson Option (Hebrew: ברירת שמשון, b'rerat shimshon) is Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" against a country whose military has invaded and/or destroyed much of Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know for sure what's going on in Luke 21:20-24 but it looks quite a bit like Matt 24:16-19 and Mark 13:15-17

Matt 24

16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

19How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 

Mark 13

15Let no one on the housetop go back inside to retrieve anything from his house. 16And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

17How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers!

Luke 21

21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country stay out of the city. 22For these are the days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written.

23How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 

This is the time when the abomination of desolation is standing where and when it should not be.

So whatever it's going to look like it appears it's the time when the beast has risen. It's not destruction on Israel by other nations, it's the great tribulation and distress on the people of Jerusalem and the surrounding land, perhaps all of Israel, excluding the mountains.

And it's internal, at the hand of the beast, not by other countries against Jerusalem and Israel. 

It's not armies surrounding Israel, it's armies surrounding Jerusalem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

I don't know for sure what's going on in Luke 21:20-24 but it looks quite a bit like Matt 24:16-19 and Mark 13:15-17

Matt 24

16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. 18And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

19How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 

Mark 13

15Let no one on the housetop go back inside to retrieve anything from his house. 16And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

17How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers!

Luke 21

21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country stay out of the city. 22For these are the days of vengeance, to fulfill all that is written.

23How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! 

This is the time when the abomination of desolation is standing where and when it should not be.

So whatever it's going to look like it appears it's the time when the beast has risen. It's not destruction on Israel by other nations, it's the great tribulation and distress on the people of Jerusalem and the surrounding land, perhaps all of Israel, excluding the mountains.

And it's internal, at the hand of the beast, not by other countries against Jerusalem and Israel. 

It's not armies surrounding Israel, it's armies surrounding Jerusalem. 

The great tribulation takes place after nation rises against nation.

To be more specific ,it takes place after the king of the north goes forth to innihilate many in the middle east.

Daniel 11:44-12:2

But rumors and anxieties out of the east and from the north shall trouble him; and he shall come with great wrath to destroy many.

And he shall pitch the tabernacle of his palace between the seas in the holy mountain of beauty: but he shall come to his portion, and there is none to deliver him.

And at that time Michael the great prince shall stand up, that stands over the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of tribulation, such tribulation as has not been from the time that there was a nation on the earth until that time: at that time thy people shall be delivered, even every one that is written in the book.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to reproach and everlasting shame.

Jerusalem will have already fallen to its enemies 3.5 days before this takes place.

Edited by Shilohsfoal

17 hours ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I believe this could cause the false prophet to appear in Israel next year.

When I read the Olivet discourse,I see a series of events pertaining to the last 3.5 years.

The arrival of the false prophet into israel,that is the second beast in revelation 13.

Luke 21

And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Then the persecution of the christians in Israel begins and lasts 3.5 years.A time,times and a half.

Luke 21

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

Then the  nations attack Israel leading to a nuclear war.

Luke 21

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

From my understanding,the abomination that causes desolation is placed in Jerusalem AFTER the muslim nations have conquered Israel.The abomination of desolation being the cause of fearful and great signs in the heavens in the previous verse.

The abomination of desolation which causes great tribulation is what I believe to be Israelis nuclear policy being implemented by its closest ally.The policy is called the Samson option.

The Samson Option (Hebrew: ברירת שמשון, b'rerat shimshon) is Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" against a country whose military has invaded and/or destroyed much of Israel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

I don't know about next year Shilosfoal, but I do agree that the abomination of desolation will be involved there when Jerusalem is surrounded by armies. The reason I don't see this happening within the next year is the other criteria the Lord says will happen before it does. Something is supposed to happen soon, (I don't know what exactly), where the faithful in Christ around the world will be persecuted and killed,-- even turned in by friends and family members to be killed (Luke 21:12 & 16). The only thing I therefore see with the current happenings in Gaza, is that Israel has alienated itself from many of the worlds nations, so that when things do take that significant turn for the worse worldwide; it will then be a lot easier for the worlds nations to initiate war on Israel.

Luke 21:12 before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

1 hour ago, luigi said:

I don't know about next year Shilosfoal, but I do agree that the abomination of desolation will be involved there when Jerusalem is surrounded by armies. The reason I don't see this happening within the next year is the other criteria the Lord says will happen before it does. Something is supposed to happen soon, (I don't know what exactly), where the faithful in Christ around the world will be persecuted and killed,-- even turned in by friends and family members to be killed (Luke 21:12 & 16). The only thing I therefore see with the current happenings in Gaza, is that Israel has alienated itself from many of the worlds nations, so that when things do take that significant turn for the worse worldwide; it will then be a lot easier for the worlds nations to initiate war on Israel.

Luke 21:12 before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

I didn't say the abomination of desolation would be placed next year 

I said the false prophet could appear in israel.next year.The false prophet  arrives in Israel before the christians in Israel is persecuted

Mathew 24

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

1-The arrival of the false prophet into Israel .

2-The persecution of the saints in Israel who do not worship the beast or recieve it's mark.

These saints in Luke 21:12 are being persecuted in Israel for the their witness of Jesus and for warning people not to worship the beast or take its mark.

This persecution of the saints in Israel lasts 42 months.Afteward nation shall rise against nation and the abomination of desolation is used then, at the time of the end.

6 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I didn't say the abomination of desolation would be placed next year 

I said the false prophet could appear in israel.next year.The false prophet  arrives in Israel before the christians in Israel is persecuted

Mathew 24

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

1-The arrival of the false prophet into Israel .

2-The persecution of the saints in Israel who do not worship the beast or recieve it's mark.

These saints in Luke 21:12 are being persecuted in Israel for the their witness of Jesus and for warning people not to worship the beast or take its mark.

This persecution of the saints in Israel lasts 42 months.Afteward nation shall rise against nation and the abomination of desolation is used then, at the time of the end.

While you see the events in the Olivet discourse primarily centered around Israel; --I on the other hand believe them to be about the whole world. I therefore believe the persecuted saints in the Olivet discourse are throughout the world, and not just in Israel. Either way though, we will have to wait and see when saints are being brought up before kings and rulers, before the AoD invades the Middle East and Israel (according to Daniel 11). Nonetheless, we are beginning to see a lot more wars and rumors of wars occurring lately, which is one of the precursor events prior to when Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies. 

27 minutes ago, luigi said:

While you see the events in the Olivet discourse primarily centered around Israel; --I on the other hand believe them to be about the whole world. I therefore believe the persecuted saints in the Olivet discourse are throughout the world, and not just in Israel. Either way though, we will have to wait and see when saints are being brought up before kings and rulers, before the AoD invades the Middle East and Israel (according to Daniel 11). Nonetheless, we are beginning to see a lot more wars and rumors of wars occurring lately, which is one of the precursor events prior to when Jerusalem will be surrounded by armies. 

I don't believe we will see the saints in Israel being persecuted in the news.

I believe they will be killed off real quiet like.

4 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

I don't believe we will see the saints in Israel being persecuted in the news.

I believe they will be killed off real quiet like.

I don't know how saints brought up before multiple kings and rulers can be kept quiet when it happens.

6 minutes ago, luigi said:

I don't know how saints brought up before multiple kings and rulers can be kept quiet when it happens.

I doubt there were many people who witnessed Jesus being brought before the Sanhedrin.Maybe a couple people outside the Sanhedrin.

Same with being brought up before the Knesset .You can be placed in prison in Israel without even being charged with anything .Who's going to know about it?

After the arrival of the false prophet(king of the norths armed forces)arrives in Israel. Then the persecution will begin.

Daniel 11:33-35

Wise leaders will give instruction to many, but these teachers will die by fire and sword, or they will be jailed and robbed.

During these persecutions, little help will arrive, and many who join them will not be sincere

And some of the wise will fall victim to persecution. In this way, they will be refined and cleansed and made pure until the time of the end, for the appointed time is still to come.

All this for warning the people to repent and believe in Yeshua,king of the Jews.

Mathew 10

23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.