• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,168
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

13 hours ago, Starise said:

How has God 'revealed' things to you? Can you be more specific?

I know this was asked of our brother, but I will be glad to answer your question in the hope that it might encourage others to join the topic. I hear the Lord speak, and this is how I relate to Him. 

The vision within a vision I shared above is not always how the Lord chooses to speak, though I do indeed hear His voice. I know that He chooses to make Himself known to others in a variety of ways, however, and this is something that's the discretion of the Lord alone. He certainly doesn't answer to anyone! I can share why I think He relates to me in such a way, and it's not for reasons others might suspect. 

The Lord saw fit to leave my affliction of depression intact so I will always remember my place on this earth; I am to serve my neighbor as it pleases Him. In the past I was physically strong and durable, so the illness which preceded that vision in the mountains by two years took that strength away from me. Now, I find myself afflicted with a type of muscular dystrophy that doesn't manifest until late middle age. 

I took pride in my looks --- I was a vain man --- so that illness took those looks from me as well. I lost all of my teeth and in spite of recovering to full health, I do not appear as I once did. Whenever I look in the mirror these days, a haggard shell gazes back at me. It was a horrendous ordeal to be sure. 

I was arrogant, confident in my intellectual superiority and a skilled public speaker; I had the so-called "gift of gab." Thank God that the illness ravaged my brain and mind, robbing me of the ability to think clearly and speak! The Spirit of the Lord was the One who taught me how to think and speak again. I was very much like a toddler learning how to do this all over again. It was the most daunting task I have faced in this life. 

This sheds light upon why the Lord referred to me standing upon my feet and walking like a man ought to, because I could barely walk ten steps when I was sick. I would collapse. 

Edited by Marathoner

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,085
  • Content Per Day:  9.73
  • Days Won:  149

Thanks for sharing @Marathoner. You know I have gone for a ride so to speak as well. It was a different kind of ride taylored for me, and not without lots of curves and potholes. 

I sincerely want to hear the leading of the Lord. I just say . " Here I am Lord". And so far, other than those few things that would have been enough to put the strongest man into  depression the yoke has been light. Going through those things was a growing experience. It must be a little like dying. It seems scary, but when your in  that moment God is there. It's difficult to explain, it's painful and seems impossible to get through, but we do get through it with His help.

It has changed my future outlook though. I am reluctant to say it. In years past I would look forward to Spring. This year I'm like, Lord I hope nothing like that happens again. I would be thankful to make it through the year with no complications.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

14 hours ago, Starise said:

How has God 'revealed' things to you? Can you be more specific?

As I began to understand God speaks to us through His Word and got excited I can know God objectively and assuredly in such as knowing His Word.... In such I see God moving and doing in most everything

Psalms 145:18 (KJV)

[18] The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

[19] He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

[20] The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

[21] My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

As God has said He cannot lie this my most precious resource His Word... I have had such specific answered prayer that that I have jokingly said Father well there goes the need of faith... He truly reveals Himself in relationship as promised

John 14:21 (KJV)

[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  1

I can't get into specifics but in my recent past - less than two years - there was an attempt of extortion against my wife and I, blackmail of a family member who has since died, but the Almighty delivered my wife and myself from these people and any of the circumstances dealing with the situation. There was also a retired police investigator involved in encouraging the hostile element. God almighty delivered with strength and authority!

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 3

21 hours ago, enoob57 said:

As I began to understand God speaks to us through His Word and got excited I can know God objectively and assuredly in such as knowing His Word.... In such I see God moving and doing in most everything

Psalms 145:18 (KJV)

[18] The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

[19] He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

[20] The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.

[21] My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

As God has said He cannot lie this my most precious resource His Word... I have had such specific answered prayer that that I have jokingly said Father well there goes the need of faith... He truly reveals Himself in relationship as promised

John 14:21 (KJV)

[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

I agree 100%. God speaks through His word and His word says he speaks through the gifts ;)

13 hours ago, D. Adrien said:

I can't get into specifics but in my recent past - less than two years - there was an attempt of extortion against my wife and I, blackmail of a family member who has since died, but the Almighty delivered my wife and myself from these people and any of the circumstances dealing with the situation. There was also a retired police investigator involved in encouraging the hostile element. God almighty delivered with strength and authority!

Praise God!

Quite awhile back a church I attended was broken into and all the sound gear was stolen. About two weeks later they found the robbers and the gear was all returned. God watches out for His own . 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

SEE -- READ -- HEAR -- DO

PSALM 115:5  they have mouths but they speak not eyes they have but they --SEE  NOT--

ISAIAH 30:10  which say to the seers --SEE NOT-- and to the prophets prophesy not unto us right things speak unto us smotth things prophecy deceits

--30:11--  get you out of the way turn aside out of the path cause  THE  HOLY  ONE  of israel to --to cease from before us--

ACTS 8:30  and phillip ran thither to him and --AND  HEARD  HIM  READ-- the prophet esaias/isaiah and said understandest thou --what thou readest--

ACTS 13:27  for they that dwell at jerusalem and their rulers because they knew him not nor yet the --voices of the prophets -- WHICH  ARE  -READ-  EVERY  SABBATH  DAY-- they have fulfilled them in condemning him

EPHESIANS 3:4  whereby --when you read-- you may understand  my  knowledge in the mystery of  CHRIST

PSALM 50:7  hear  O MY  people and I will speak o israel and I will testify against thee --I  AM  GOD  EVEN  THY  GOD--

PSALM 78:3  which we  --have heard-- and known --and our fathers have told us--

MATTHEW 22:31  but as touching the resurrection of the dead --have you not -READ- that which --WAS  SPOKEN-- UNTO  YOU  BY  GOD  SAYING--

--22:32--  I  AM  THE  GOD  --  of abraham and --THE  GOD-- of isaac and  --THE  GOD-- of jacob -- GOD  is not the  GOD  of the dead but of the living

LUKE 8:21  and  HE  answered and said unto them  --MY  MOTHER  AND  MY  BRETHREN-- are these which --HEAR  THE  WORD  OF  GOD  AND  DO  IT

JAMES 1:22  BUT  BE  YOU  DOERS  OF  THE  WORD  AND  NOT  HEARERS  ONLY  DECEIVING  YOUR  OWN  SELVES 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Thumbs Up 2

GODS  WORDS

JEREMIAH 23:22  but if they had stood in  MY  counsel --and had caused  MY  people to hear  MY  words-- then they should have turned them from their evil way and from the evil of their doings 

--23:23--  am  I  a  GOD  at hand saith  THE  LORD  and not a  GOD  afar off

--23:24--  can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him saith  THE  LORD  do not I fill heven and earth saith  THE  LORD

--23:25--  I have heard what the prophets said that prophesy lies in  MY  name saying I have dreamed I have dreamed 

--23:26--  how long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies yea they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart

PSALM 144:3  LORD  what is man that thou takest knowledge of him or the son of man that thou makest account of him 

ISAIAH 2:22  cease you from man whose breath is in his nostrils for wherein is he is he to be accounted of 

PSALM 60:11  give us help from trouble for vain is the help of man

ECCLESIASTES 8:4  where the word of a king is there is power and who may say unto  HIM  what doest thou 

REVELATION 19:16  and  HE  hath on  HIS  vesture and on  HIS  thigh a name written  KING  OF  KINGS  AND  LORD  OF  LORDS 

JEREMIAH 2:13  for  MY  people have committed two evils they have forsaken  ME  the fountain of living waters and hewed them out cisterns broken cisterns that can hold no water

Thanks @steve morrow

We can see here that back in those times they had prophets and seers. These would appear to be designated positions. I think many people tend to think those things have passed.

Many will say that since Christ has come we have only the bible as God's means of speaking, however God also speaks based on the concepts in the bible or in alignment with the bible to further affirm the words in it in other ways. The bible isn't dead words written thousands of years ago. The bible is a conduit that allows for current happenings right now.

Along with the good prophets there were the false prophets, so much discernment was needed, and as we see in at least one case, God sent delusion through prophets to rebellious Israel. The word Israel means struggle, and we can see the word is apt concerning Israel. God often leaves those in rebellion to themselves to basically implode. They wanted lies, He gives them lies. This is applicable in today's apostate church and society in general. Many churches are preaching politically correct social messages that have long ago strayed from the true word. Why did this happen? Because people wanted it to happen. God allowed it.

It seems to me, any modern associations to the prophetic are often seen in a negative light even though we have biblical support for continuation of these things. The church that squelches the gifts is squelching the Holy Spirit IMO. I'm not charismatic in that I don't believe we should place an over emphasis on the gifts, yet neither do I think the gifts should be discouraged 'unless' they are being used in an unbiblical fashion. There are ways to assure these things are done correctly.

I was at an all day prophecy conference on Sat. It was very informative. The church who hosted it has a team that will often work together, also realizing that anyone can do it since it isn't a gift on only a few. Some are more inclined to it. They can recieve a word from the Lord for a specific person at a specific time.

These would be people who get a word from the Lord for someone  for encouragement, this is tied in with healing and casting of demons. So Prophecy isn't exclusive to the gifts any more than tongues is, but it is an important component.

I think this comes natural in some people who may not realize they are using the gift when they see a brother or sister and immediately get an impression about them. Could be specific or general. They then encourage the person with these uplifting prophetic words. Example- " I see a struggle in you, but the Lord will give you double portions afterwards, He loves you and cares for you more than you know." Example 2- More specific, I can see an issue with your employer. God has your back". Example 3- You will be leading women as God has gifted you to be a mentor to younger women. All of this needs to be confirmed by others and a person you know who is gifted reliable and sincere.

1 Corinthians 14:39

39 So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues. 40 But all things should be done decently and in order.

THOSE  THINGS  HAVE  PASSED  ??

1 CORINTHIANS  15:34   awake to righteousness --and sin not-- for some have not  --  the knowledge of GOD  --  I  SPEAK  THIS  TO  YOUR  SHAME

LUKE 21:33  heaven and earth shall pass away but --MY  WORDS-- shall  NOT  PASS  AWAY--

ROMANS 15:4  for whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning that we through patience and comfort of --THE  SCRIPTURES-- MIGHT HAVE HOPE 

ROMANS 2:8  but unto them that are contentious and do not obey the truth but obey unrighteousness indignation and wrath 

PROVERBS 8:32  now therefore hearken unto  ME  o you children for blessed are they that keep  MY  ways 

--8:33--  hear instruction and be wise and refuse it not 

--8:34--  blessed is the man that heareth  ME  watching daily at  MY  gates waiting at the posts of  MY  doors

--8:35-- for whoso findeth  ME  findeth life and shall obtain favor of  THE  LORD

--8:36-- but he that sinneth against  ME  wrongeth his own soul all they that hate  ME  love death

1 THESSALONIANS 2:5  for neither at any time used we flattering words as you know nor a cloak of covetousness --GOD  IS  WITNESS--

PROVERBS 26:28  a lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it and a flattering mouth worketh ruin 

PROVERBS 19:9  A  FALSE  WITNESS  SHALL  NOT  BE  UNPUNISHED  AND  HE  THAT  SPEAKETH  LIES  --SHALL  PERISH--

PSALM 83:16  fill their faces with shame that they may seek thy name  O  LORD

GALATIANS 1:6  I marvel that you are so soon removed from  HIM  that called you into the grace of  CHRIST  unto another gospel

--1:7-- which is not another but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the gospel of  CHRIST

COLOSSIANS 2:8  --BEWARE-- lest any man spoil you through philosophy and --VAIN  DECEIT-- after the tradition of men  --  after the rudiments of the world  --  AND  NOT  AFTER  CHRIST --

1 CORINTHIANS 2:5  THAT  YOUR  FAITH  SHOULD  NOT  STAND  IN  THE  WISDOM  OF  MEN  BUT  IN  THE  POWER  OF  GOD

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

PROVERBS 13:5  a righteous man hateth lying but a wicked man is loathsome and cometh to shame 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, steve morrow said:

THOSE  THINGS  HAVE  PASSED  ??

1 CORINTHIANS  15:34   awake to righteousness --and sin not-- for some have not  --  the knowledge of GOD  --  I  SPEAK  THIS  TO  YOUR  SHAME

LUKE 21:33  heaven and earth shall pass away but --MY  WORDS-- shall  NOT  PASS  AWAY--

ROMANS 15:4  for whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning that we through patience and comfort of --THE  SCRIPTURES-- MIGHT HAVE HOPE 

ROMANS 2:8  but unto them that are contentious and do not obey the truth but obey unrighteousness indignation and wrath 

PROVERBS 8:32  now therefore hearken unto  ME  o you children for blessed are they that keep  MY  ways 

--8:33--  hear instruction and be wise and refuse it not 

--8:34--  blessed is the man that heareth  ME  watching daily at  MY  gates waiting at the posts of  MY  doors

--8:35-- for whoso findeth  ME  findeth life and shall obtain favor of  THE  LORD

--8:36-- but he that sinneth against  ME  wrongeth his own soul all they that hate  ME  love death

1 THESSALONIANS 2:5  for neither at any time used we flattering words as you know nor a cloak of covetousness --GOD  IS  WITNESS--

PROVERBS 26:28  a lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it and a flattering mouth worketh ruin 

PROVERBS 19:9  A  FALSE  WITNESS  SHALL  NOT  BE  UNPUNISHED  AND  HE  THAT  SPEAKETH  LIES  --SHALL  PERISH--

PSALM 83:16  fill their faces with shame that they may seek thy name  O  LORD

GALATIANS 1:6  I marvel that you are so soon removed from  HIM  that called you into the grace of  CHRIST  unto another gospel

--1:7-- which is not another but there be some that trouble you and would pervert the gospel of  CHRIST

COLOSSIANS 2:8  --BEWARE-- lest any man spoil you through philosophy and --VAIN  DECEIT-- after the tradition of men  --  after the rudiments of the world  --  AND  NOT  AFTER  CHRIST --

1 CORINTHIANS 2:5  THAT  YOUR  FAITH  SHOULD  NOT  STAND  IN  THE  WISDOM  OF  MEN  BUT  IN  THE  POWER  OF  GOD

PROVERBS 18:21  death and life are in the power of the tongue and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof

PROVERBS 13:5  a righteous man hateth lying but a wicked man is loathsome and cometh to shame 

Thanks for the scriptures!

I was referring to cessationist thinking @steve morrow

Many of the references you posted seem to be calling out false teachers and prophets. This one is especially pertinent nowadays as we see so many falling from a faith thay claim to have had but now lost. 

This begs the question, how does one know when they are decieved since they are decieved in the first place?  I would say they are blinded and only the Lord is capable to unblind them. As believers, it isn't wise to appeal to worldly thinking. Philosophers were just men, like Neitzsche and others who tried to think themselves out of God. I say tried because God never went anywhere, and where is Neitzche now? I hope someone managed to pull him out of his stinking thinking before it was too late.

We have the religious liars too behind pulpits who by their fruits ( many kinds of fleshly misconduct) still 'preach'. 

God only speaks the truth, but to hear His voice we must listen.