• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,155
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

34 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Say what? ??? Am I to be worshiping the product of various publishers, books sold for profit, as though they are sacred idols to me? 

Seems to me what is written by God into one's heart may be considered of great value or sacred, but a bound stack of paper? What of our computers or cell phones with their Bible apps, are Christians to hold them somehow sacred, not to be placed in a purse or pocket, especially not a back hip pocket? 

I remember my experience visiting a church not long after I came to Christ. I looked on while some men shouted at someone who wasn't carrying a Bible in the approved manner. How was the Bible supposed to be carried?

On top, of course. Never underneath anything else. Never in a bag or a briefcase. That Bible must be seen, and it has to be the most important thing on your person. They were red-faced and riled up about it. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,257
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Say what? ??? Am I to be worshiping the product of various publishers, books sold for profit, as though they are sacred idols to me? 

Seems to me what is written by God into one's heart may be considered of great value or sacred, but a bound stack of paper? What of our computers or cell phones with their Bible apps, are Christians to hold them somehow sacred, not to be placed in a purse or pocket, especially not a back hip pocket? 

Well said, my thoughts exactly Neighbor. I do not worship my bible(s).
I worship the Word, Jesus Christ, the author of the scriptures.
My bible given me decades ago has coffee stains, cigarette burns, beer stains, sweat , and tear stains.
It has faded and dirty somewhat bouncing around on my truck dash. But it was always available.

I read it when I need it, no mater the circumstances. In my shop it gets full of saw dust.
It's been rebound three times, the last time took the book binders four months. It's a book, paper and ink.

I take what I have read in that published bound collection of pages and hide it in my heart.
It may eventually fall apart again, but I have others to replace it. Same words can be found.

5 hours ago, RdJ said:

Why do you always have to fight demons alone for everyone?

You don't fight demons. God, HIS word,  does this. You can only do all things IN CHRIST.
God defeated the enemy and he has all authority. Even the apostles with Jesus fled the devil at times.

As a young believer I got into studying devils-demons, unclean spirits, satan, intensely late at night.
I was consumed by what I was learning in a book by Jesse Peen Lewis.
About warfare and what they can not or can do to lost/believers. Then one night  it happened.

About 2-3 o'clock in the morning studying at the kitchen table I was overwhelmed by a crushing dread/fear/terror.
I knew at an instant I was surrounded by evil, oppressing me, freaking me out. (my obsession woke/drew them)
Went to bed and was followed. Prayed till I slept. My wife confronted me in the morning.

She had woke up during the night and also felt the oppression and evil presence in our bedroom.
I learned (later from older believers) I had basically called the evil down by excessive interest/study in this enemy.
I should have been studying the victor at the cross instead, LORD Jesus.

Since then at least 30 yrs ago I have never had that experience reoccur. I learned what the shield of faith was.
I carry it in my heart, hidden, in my mind/memory. And learned what God says about spiritual warfare.
I keep the whole armor on. I use what God said, never in my own strength...

I have kept my focus on Jesus. Take every thought captive, resist the devil. Submit to God. Strive to do the right thing.
I have kept the word in my heart, and God has kept the enemy off my back.
I focus on God's word and not the defeated one.....

PS:

EVERY time I miss the mark, sin, I agree with God, (I) have sinned, no matter how it happened, nor the influence.
Not in my wildest dreams could I blame ANY sin on anything but self. I MISSED! I sinned. I confess it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,108
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

Well said, my thoughts exactly Neighbor. I do not worship my bible(s).
I worship the Word, Jesus Christ, the author of the scriptures.
My bible given me decades ago has coffee stains, cigarette burns, beer stains, sweat , and tear stains.
It has faded and dirty somewhat bouncing around on my truck dash. But it was always available.

I read it when I need it, no mater the circumstances. In my shop it gets full of saw dust.
It's been rebound three times, the last time took the book binders four months. It's a book, paper and ink.

I take what I have read in that published bound collection of pages and hide it in my heart.
It may eventually fall apart again, but I have others to replace it. Same words can be found.

You don't fight demons. God, HIS word,  does this. You can only do all things IN CHRIST.
God defeated the enemy and he has all authority. Even the apostles with Jesus fled the devil at times.

As a young believer I got into studying devils-demons, unclean spirits, satan, intensely late at night.
I was consumed by what I was learning in a book by Jesse Peen Lewis.
About warfare and what they can not or can do to lost/believers. Then one night  it happened.

About 2-3 o'clock in the morning studying at the kitchen table I was overwhelmed by a crushing dread/fear/terror.
I knew at an instant I was surrounded by evil, oppressing me, freaking me out. (my obsession woke/drew them)
Went to bed and was followed. Prayed till I slept. My wife confronted me in the morning.

She had woke up during the night and also felt the oppression and evil presence in our bedroom.
I learned (later from older believers) I had basically called the evil down by excessive interest/study in this enemy.
I should have been studying the victor at the cross instead, LORD Jesus.

Since then at least 30 yrs ago I have never had that experience reoccur. I learned what the shield of faith was.
I carry it in my heart, hidden, in my mind/memory. And learned what God says about spiritual warfare.
I keep the whole armor on. I use what God said, never in my own strength...

I have kept my focus on Jesus. Take every thought captive, resist the devil. Submit to God. Strive to do the right thing.
I have kept the word in my heart, and God has kept the enemy off my back.
I focus on God's word and not the defeated one.....

PS:

EVERY time I miss the mark, sin, I agree with God, (I) have sinned, no matter how it happened, nor the influence.
Not in my wildest dreams could I blame ANY sin on anything but self. I MISSED! I sinned. I confess it.

It does work if you do it good. For instance prayer of 3 people who each pray for 3 friends and then pray God forgives them, that they get saved and bind the powers that blind their thoughts and they get saved. A guy lead 2000 people to the Lord in 2 years by praying like that and going out on the street. It's from a book of Lee Thomas. It's not that extreme stuff. I have done this for family members and they got saved or someone is sick and God shows it's demonic, you just rebuke it and they get healed, but you have to stay in your lane. You can't do this for the whole city with 3 people. They did it in places that got revival. One couple also got an attack from a witch, but they had this big church of prayer warriors, so she left and the city got saved. They had 24/7 prayer, but with all these revivals it's never just done by a few people. One puts 1000 to flight, 2 10.000.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  1.04

Just because I find something disrespectful doesn't mean everyone else does.  But, thinking of it as being disrespectful doesn't equate to worshipping it as an object either.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,108
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  05/25/1970

Did someone pray that I would wake up or is it because I confessed my sin? Cause a miracle happened. I came off my lazy bed this morning and started to pray for the lost.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Content Per Day:  4.66

1 hour ago, RdJ said:

Did someone pray that I would wake up or is it because I confessed my sin? Cause a miracle happened. I came off my lazy bed this morning and started to pray for the lost.

Be happy you awoke with the Eternal on your mind!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,257
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

6 hours ago, RdJ said:

Perhaps the holy spirit gave conviction. I also awoke enthused, in theo,  and ready for some work......default_cool2.gif.50ad15066ed0e23961dc5bf09d5c1957.gif

"enthused":  First attested from 1827. Back-formation from enthusiasm, from Ancient Greek ἔνθεος (éntheos, “possessed by a god”), from ἐν (en, “in”) + θεός (theós, “god”)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.74
  • Days Won:  149

There is a balance. Laziness-work-overwork.

In the culture here where I live it is respectable to work oneself to death, and unfortunately some do. 

Is it possible to overstudy or to be too focused on the study to the sacrifice of listening to what God is saying through the text? 

I would say yes, but most often more study is needed, and unlike the study of facts and figures, this would be a Spirit led study. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

On 4/11/2024 at 12:19 PM, D. Adrien said:

Procrastination is a call to inaction! Rise up now!

If it was worth putting off yesterday, it certainly is worth postponing today! The value of procrastination hasn't been devalued in one day.

Procrastination isn't as bad as the word sounds. 

My past led me to predestination for procrastination.

I think I should try some of that procrastination stuff . . . but . . . maybe tomorrow or next week . . . 

• Haha 3