• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,495
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

On 4/20/2024 at 6:41 PM, NConly said:

1 Cor 15

25 For he (Jesus) must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he (God) hath put all things under his (Jesus) feet. But when he (God) saith all things are put under him(Jesus), it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him (Jesus) then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him (God) that put all things under him(Jesus), that God may be all in all.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

@NConly What a great chapter! many a funeral of faithful saints of God has been crowned with reading from 1 Corinthians 15.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,335
  • Content Per Day:  2.79
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/21/2024 at 12:22 AM, D. Adrien said:

Also see Rev. 12:17 and 14:12. Commandments. Notice the S at the end of Commandments.

Edit; Commandments of God.

I am thinking the church, Christians with faith in Jesus will be gone before Rev 12 or 14 so they are not about the church.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  4.55
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, NConly said:

I am thinking the church, Christians with faith in Jesus will be gone before Rev 12 or 14 so they are not about the church.

The way things are going today, the Church will be hard to find before the tribulation! The Church as is known today. It may be unobserved as it was during the time of Constantine. A State religion is not Christianity, I believe it remained *hidden as in during the great persecution preceding Constantine.

Edit: *Unobserved by written history, just details of certain martyrs.

Edited by D. Adrien
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  4.55
  • Days Won:  1

There certainly are Christians within a State sponsored religion, but knowing how this organization was led after the edict of Milan, when Constantine legalized an approved version of Christianity, do you really believe any of the Apostles or Jesus would have accepted it as His Church? Reading the history of this organization through the first millennium, A.D. will scandalize nearly anyone. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

39 minutes ago, D. Adrien said:

There certainly are Christians within a State sponsored religion, but knowing how this organization was led after the edict of Milan, when Constantine legalized an approved version of Christianity, do you really believe any of the Apostles or Jesus would have accepted it as His Church? Reading the history of this organization through the first millennium, A.D. will scandalize nearly anyone. 

I certainly agree. You will find when you unpack Daniel that this is indeed prophesied in 2:43. 

After the cross, the Jews who would accept Jesus as their Messiah (pottery clay) would go out into the world preaching the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus. 

This would begin His church which would quickly become dominated by the Gentiles who accepted Jesus and followers of Christ. 

It would not take very long when the Gentiles would develop a pagan Roman type hierarchy in the church. They would take over the power of the church, and bring in pagan practices, idols, change God’s laws and commands. 

This is what 2:43 is telling us - the Jews would “mingle” with them but would not / could no longer accept the changes brought into this now Gentile / Christian church. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/24/2024 at 4:47 PM, Charlie744 said:

I certainly agree. You will find when you unpack Daniel that this is indeed prophesied in 2:43. 

After the cross, the Jews who would accept Jesus as their Messiah (pottery clay) would go out into the world preaching the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus. 

This would begin His church which would quickly become dominated by the Gentiles who accepted Jesus and followers of Christ. 

It would not take very long when the Gentiles would develop a pagan Roman type hierarchy in the church. They would take over the power of the church, and bring in pagan practices, idols, change God’s laws and commands. 

This is what 2:43 is telling us - the Jews would “mingle” with them but would not / could no longer accept the changes brought into this now Gentile / Christian church. 

The Gentiles indeed took over because it meant to be. As it was foretold that more are the children of the non favor wife than the favor one. (Figure that out and fill in the blanks). 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  2,670
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

38 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

The Gentiles indeed took over because it meant to be. As it was foretold that more are the children of the non favor wife than the favor one. (Figure that out and fill in the blanks). 

Are you referring directly to 2:41-43?

After the Stone (Messiah) in 2:34 strikes the feet and breaks apart the iron (Rome) from the clay (Jews) that were held captive in the feet of the Roman Empire (notice the new interpretation where 2:34 is not an end time event like 2:35, AND, the Stone action takes place WITHIN THE 4th kingdom. God reveals the 4 kingdoms within the metal man image AND THEN HE REVEALS THE 2 and ONLY 2 ACTIONS THAT HE WANTS US TO FOCUS IN IN CHAPTER 2. That would be 2:34 - His first coming and 2:35 - His second coming.

Consequently, 2:41-45 provide the “details” that result (but only in a  big picture way, since the true details begin in chapter 7.

But getting back to your comment, His church would indeed begin 2:41 (after the cross) dilute to “pottery clay” going out into the Roman Empire preaching the Good News. 

Unfortunately, these same verses reveal the “divided” kingdom composed of “partly clay and partly iron” - IN THAT ORDER (church) would be taken over by the Gentiles and remove the Jews from His church. 

This is what 2:41-43 is all about— the appropriation of His church by the Gentiles, their bringing in pagan practices and idols, and after the demise of pagan Rome, papal Rome headed by the little horn (papacy) would begin his reign over secular and church matters. 

I don’t know if this is what you were alluding to… let me know.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

I  WANT  TO  ???   I  CAN  DO  ALL  THINGS 

1 THESSALONIANS 5:21  PROVE  ALL  THINGS  HOLD  FAST  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD

ROMANS 12:1  I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of  GOD  that you present your bodies a living sacrifice holy acceptable unto  GOD  which is your reasonable service 

1 PETER 1:15  but as  HE  which hath called you is --HOLY-- so be you holy in all manner of conversation 

--1:16--  because it is written  ---be you holy for I am holy---

ROMANS 12:2  and be not conformed to this world but be you transformed ---by the renewing of your mind--- that you may  --PROVE--  what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of  GOD

PHILIPPIANS 4:13  --I  CAN  DO--  ALL  THINGS  THROUGH  --CHRIST--  WHICH  STRENGTHENETH  ME

LUKE 1:37  FOR  WITH  GOD  NOTHING  SHALL  BE  IMPOSSIBLE 

PSALM 111:10  the fear of  THE  LORD  is the beginning of wisdom  --a good understanding have have all they that do  HIS  commandments  ---  HIS  praise endureth forever--

PSALM 119:99  I have more understanding than all my teachers for thy testimonies are my meditation 

PROVERBS 9:6  forsake the foolish and live  ---and go in the way of understanding---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  --THE  LORD--  give thee understanding in all things

PSALM 144:3  LORD  what is man that thou takest knowledge of him or the son of man that thou makest account of him

--144:4-- man is like unto vanity his days are as a shadow that passeth away

PROVERBS 15:14  the heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge ---BUT  THE  MOUTH  OF  FOOLS  FEEDETH  ON  FOOLISHNESS

PSALM 53:4  have the workers of iniquity no --KNOWLEDGE-- who eat up my people as they eat bread --- THEY  HAVE  NOT  CALLED  UPON  GOD ---

PROVERBS 21:16  the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding --SHALL  REMAIN  IN  THE  CONGREGATION  OF  THE  DEAD--

JOHN 14:24  --HE  THAT  LOVETH  ME  NOT-- keepeth not  MY  sayings and the word which you hear is not mine but  THE  FATHERS  which sent  ME

PSALM 119:66  teach me good judgment and knowledge ---FOR  I  HAVE  BELIEVED  THY  COMMANDMENTS---

--119:169-- let my cry come near before thee  O LORD  give me understanding according to thy word

--119:172-- my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness 

PSALM 119:86  all thy commandments are faithful they persecute me wrongfully help thou me

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast  --COMMANDED--  are righteous and very faithful 

1 CORINTHIANS 4:2  moreover it is  --REQUIRED-- in stewards that a man be found faithful 

HEBREWS 7:12  for the priesthood being changed there is made of necessity a change also of the law

--7:24--  but this man because  HE  continueth ever --HATH  AN  UNCHANGEABLE  PRIESTHOOD--

ROMANS 8:2  FOR  THE  LAW  OF  THE  SPIRIT  OF  LIFE  IN  CHRIST  JESUS  --HATH -- MADE  ME  FREE FROM  ---  THE  LAW  OF  SIN  AND  DEATH--

HEBREWS 12:8  BUT  IF  YOU  BE  WITHOUT  CHASTISEMENT  WHEREOF  ALL  ARE  PARTAKERS  ---THEN  ARE  YOU  BASTARDS ---  AND  NOT  SONS

PSALM 40:4  BLESSED  IS  THE  MAN  THAT  MAKETH  THE  LORD  HIS  TRUST  AND  RESPECTETH  NOT  THE  PROUD  NOR  SUCH  AS  TURN  ASIDE  TO  LIES

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Very good post, and good to read and be reminded of these things.

I see the replies morphfed into end times but the precept of your op is very good.

IF we love Him, keep (do) His commandments.

Thank you . . . . 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

1 hour ago, steve morrow said:

I  WANT  TO  ???   I  CAN  DO  ALL  THINGS 

1 THESSALONIANS 5:21  PROVE  ALL  THINGS  HOLD  FAST  THAT  WHICH  IS  GOOD

ROMANS 12:1  I beseech you therefore brethren by the mercies of  GOD  that you present your bodies a living sacrifice holy acceptable unto  GOD  which is your reasonable service 

1 PETER 1:15  but as  HE  which hath called you is --HOLY-- so be you holy in all manner of conversation 

--1:16--  because it is written  ---be you holy for I am holy---

ROMANS 12:2  and be not conformed to this world but be you transformed ---by the renewing of your mind--- that you may  --PROVE--  what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of  GOD

PHILIPPIANS 4:13  --I  CAN  DO--  ALL  THINGS  THROUGH  --CHRIST--  WHICH  STRENGTHENETH  ME

LUKE 1:37  FOR  WITH  GOD  NOTHING  SHALL  BE  IMPOSSIBLE 

PSALM 111:10  the fear of  THE  LORD  is the beginning of wisdom  --a good understanding have have all they that do  HIS  commandments  ---  HIS  praise endureth forever--

PSALM 119:99  I have more understanding than all my teachers for thy testimonies are my meditation 

PROVERBS 9:6  forsake the foolish and live  ---and go in the way of understanding---

2 TIMOTHY 2:7  consider what I say and  --THE  LORD--  give thee understanding in all things

PSALM 144:3  LORD  what is man that thou takest knowledge of him or the son of man that thou makest account of him

--144:4-- man is like unto vanity his days are as a shadow that passeth away

PROVERBS 15:14  the heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge ---BUT  THE  MOUTH  OF  FOOLS  FEEDETH  ON  FOOLISHNESS

PSALM 53:4  have the workers of iniquity no --KNOWLEDGE-- who eat up my people as they eat bread --- THEY  HAVE  NOT  CALLED  UPON  GOD ---

PROVERBS 21:16  the man that wandereth out of the way of understanding --SHALL  REMAIN  IN  THE  CONGREGATION  OF  THE  DEAD--

JOHN 14:24  --HE  THAT  LOVETH  ME  NOT-- keepeth not  MY  sayings and the word which you hear is not mine but  THE  FATHERS  which sent  ME

PSALM 119:66  teach me good judgment and knowledge ---FOR  I  HAVE  BELIEVED  THY  COMMANDMENTS---

--119:169-- let my cry come near before thee  O LORD  give me understanding according to thy word

--119:172-- my tongue shall speak of thy word for all thy commandments are righteousness 

PSALM 119:86  all thy commandments are faithful they persecute me wrongfully help thou me

PSALM 119:138  thy testimonies that thou hast  --COMMANDED--  are righteous and very faithful 

1 CORINTHIANS 4:2  moreover it is  --REQUIRED-- in stewards that a man be found faithful 

HEBREWS 7:12  for the priesthood being changed there is made of necessity a change also of the law

--7:24--  but this man because  HE  continueth ever --HATH  AN  UNCHANGEABLE  PRIESTHOOD--

ROMANS 8:2  FOR  THE  LAW  OF  THE  SPIRIT  OF  LIFE  IN  CHRIST  JESUS  --HATH -- MADE  ME  FREE FROM  ---  THE  LAW  OF  SIN  AND  DEATH--

HEBREWS 12:8  BUT  IF  YOU  BE  WITHOUT  CHASTISEMENT  WHEREOF  ALL  ARE  PARTAKERS  ---THEN  ARE  YOU  BASTARDS ---  AND  NOT  SONS

PSALM 40:4  BLESSED  IS  THE  MAN  THAT  MAKETH  THE  LORD  HIS  TRUST  AND  RESPECTETH  NOT  THE  PROUD  NOR  SUCH  AS  TURN  ASIDE  TO  LIES

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

Steve; In reading your posts, I'm not sure if you are agreeing with my OP or being critical. I can see it both ways. I appreciate the scripture you quote and in light of my OP I can say amen to all, but if you are disagreeing, then I think you may have failed to see my point. Please clarify your stance, thank you.