IGNORED

A BRILLIANT article on "dying on a hill" for one's beliefs. Must read.

Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

You've heard that phrase - "that's not a hill i would die on" or "that IS a hill I would die on".

For example,  I have my opinions about certain Bible versions, but that opinion is NOT a hill that I would die on.  I won't go down arguing with a stubborn "fence post" about it.

Then again, I have my beliefs about who Jesus Christ is.  I would die on that hill.  No turning back on that belief.

This article is about our conversations with one another and asking us to follow the example of the one who DID DIE on a hill and looking at the way HE spoke from that hill.

It's worth the read.

Dying On The Hill vs. Attacking Others On The Hill – Proclaim & Defend (proclaimanddefend.org)

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  464
  • Content Per Day:  4.55
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Jayne said:

You've heard that phrase - "that's not a hill i would die on" or "that IS a hill I would die on".

For example,  I have my opinions about certain Bible versions, but that opinion is NOT a hill that I would die on.  I won't go down arguing with a stubborn "fence post" about it.

Then again, I have my beliefs about who Jesus Christ is.  I would die on that hill.  No turning back on that belief.

This article is about our conversations with one another and asking us to follow the example of the one who DID DIE on a hill and looking at the way HE spoke from that hill.

It's worth the read.

Dying On The Hill vs. Attacking Others On The Hill – Proclaim & Defend (proclaimanddefend.org)

While Jesus was emptying Himself for others on the cross He kept His mind on others, while also overcoming the physical pain and anguish. Then there was also the emotional pain of being abandoned while bearing all the sins of the past, present and future. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Martyrs past and present do not have the luxury of choosing which hill to die on. One is appointed to them and they must accept this and be prepared to pour themselves out under very stressful conditions. I believe it is only possible by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit enabling the very life of Jesus within the martyr.

Mark 13:11 (ESV) And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

They have/will speak by how the martyr dies.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

That was a good article! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Not "dying" on certain hills reminds me a lot of when Paul told us not to quarrel over disputable matters like whether or not to eat meat and regarding certain days more highly than others. There's a whole lot that can be discussed but isn't really worth arguing about.

• Thumbs Up 1