• Vine Abider changed the title to Only 2 Religions: The DO & The DONE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.69
  • Days Won:  1

Religion is a complex concept with no single definition due to its diverse manifestations across cultures. Scholars identify seven common characteristics shared by most religions, including stories/myths, belief in supernatural beings, use of symbols, rituals, clerics, altered states of consciousness, and evolving beliefs/practices over time. Religion is intertwined with culture and plays a vital role in preserving collective memory and identity. Despite variations, all religions share a mystical core that involves a profound connection with a transcendent reality. The study of religion involves understanding its multifaceted nature rather than reducing it to a set of universal principles or ideologies. Embracing the diversity of religions can foster mutual understanding, humility, and peace among different belief systems.1

1 New Testament Theology and Its Quest for Relevance: Ancient Texts and Modern Readers

This technical definition reminds me of the successful ecumenical propagation of Pope Francis and his success in bringing back the “protesters” under the umbrella of the Catholic (Universal) Church.

The “letters of agreement” were signed by the Vatican and some Muslim sects, and Abraham's commonalities were shared, leading to the One World Religion.

As we all know, Christianity is not a religion. It is faith, trust, and a personal relationship with a person, and we know who and what that Person is. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,721
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As for myself I worship what is. I do so individually and also under a corporate privilege of church congregation fellowship. I just do not worry myself about the tapestries hanging on the walls of religion.

Long as they do not form a barrier wall between what I worship and myself I am good with it all. The Holy Spirit sweeps on in  when corporate worship is in play . The Holy Spirit is always there for me individually too, especially to take over for me when I cannot form words to describe my prayers.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

The “letters of agreement” were signed by the Vatican and some Muslim sects, and Abraham's commonalities were shared, leading to the One World Religion.

As we all know, Christianity is not a religion. It is faith, trust, and a personal relationship with a person, and we know who and what that Person is. 

Amen! (to what you stated in red)  Yes - relationship with Christ and what He's already done!  

As to the One World Religion - is that the gist of it?  I wasn't aware of all that, but it makes sense if true - bring all the "do" religions under one umbrella --> anything to deny that there's zero work we can do for our eternal salvation in Christ! (and just believe/receive what He's already done for us) 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Amen! (to what you stated in red)  Yes - relationship with Christ and what He's already done!  

As to the One World Religion - is that the gist of it?  I wasn't aware of all that, but it makes sense if true - bring all the "do" religions under one umbrella --> anything to deny that there's zero work we can do for our eternal salvation in Christ! (and just believe/receive what He's already done for us) 

I do not have any divine revelations or inside knowledge. I believe we are living at the close of this final dispensation, or the end of this age. If true, we should see how prophetic scriptures align and manifest. Everything in the Bible about the terminal generation is not coming; it is now here.

How many historical and current wars and atrocities have been waged in the name of religion? The Bible infers there will be a one-world government and a global religion. It is easy to see the global government coming about, and they are not hiding it.

For years, I suspected the global religion to be akin to something like Chrislam, but it still could be, as there is a Vatican push for it. There is something new to the mix I never considered as time passes. Even the apostle Paul debated the subject with philosophers in Athens, Greece. The quest and worship of higher powers, knowledge, and intelligence. Is this starting to ring any bells?

Some can connect the image of the Beast and artificial intelligence (AI). However God’s plans and purposes unfold, we are witnessing it.

Exciting times, eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I do not have any divine revelations or inside knowledge. I believe we are living at the close of this final dispensation, or the end of this age. If true, we should see how prophetic scriptures align and manifest. Everything in the Bible about the terminal generation is not coming; it is now here.

How many historical and current wars and atrocities have been waged in the name of religion? The Bible infers there will be a one-world government and a global religion. It is easy to see the global government coming about, and they are not hiding it.

For years, I suspected the global religion to be akin to something like Chrislam, but it still could be, as there is a Vatican push for it. There is something new to the mix I never considered as time passes. Even the apostle Paul debated the subject with philosophers in Athens, Greece. The quest and worship of higher powers, knowledge, and intelligence. Is this starting to ring any bells?

Some can connect the image of the Beast and artificial intelligence (AI). However God’s plans and purposes unfold, we are witnessing it.

Exciting times, eh?

Gotcha!  And the one world religion would be sure to deny the simplicity in Christ, that is, that we must work to earn good standing before God. 

If you think about it . . . lets say someone turns AI loose to create this grand religion from all relevant religious source material.  It would have all the "good" elements in it, moral codes, etc. To someone who doesn't know Christ, it would be absurd for anyone not to sign onto it.  And if someone doesn't sign onto it, they certainly must be part of the evil, which is holding mankind back, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Alternatively, the word had a different connotation in antiquity. Religion meant how we conducted ourselves so in this sense, the passage from James uses that definition.

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this person’s religion is worthless. Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. (James 1:26-27 NASB)

In the modern day, religion features a more complex and nuanced definition. This isn't a bad thing since languages change over time. What does religion mean now? A system of organized beliefs which includes prescribed rituals and shared non-kinship social structures.   

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

In the modern day, religion features a more complex and nuanced definition. This isn't a bad thing since languages change over time. What does religion mean now? A system of organized beliefs which includes prescribed rituals and shared non-kinship social structures.   

Indeed.  When I think of religion, I think system and organization . . . man's idea how to follow God and get His approval, rather than trusting Christ and having a relationship with Him.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Gotcha!  And the one world religion would be sure to deny the simplicity in Christ, that is, that we must work to earn good standing before God. 

If you think about it . . . lets say someone turns AI loose to create this grand religion from all relevant religious source material.  It would have all the "good" elements in it, moral codes, etc. To someone who doesn't know Christ, it would be absurd for anyone not to sign onto it.  And if someone doesn't sign onto it, they certainly must be part of the evil, which is holding mankind back, right?

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. (John 21:25)

I cannot prove it, but I have read from reputable sources that every book was fed into AI. Every social media post is fed into it to gain knowledge and intelligence. Now, with quantum computing, that task is easily obtainable.

I hear that all the ancient literature in the Vatican vaults has also been documented and fed into AI. If true, that is incredible.

I hear more and more people thanking Mother Earth and the universe for their fortunes and blessings. This climate change initiative concerns population control, income, and Mother Earth worship.

AI technology has, or will shortly, learn and expand independently without human intervention. Few dispute the concerns about the possibility of this technology becoming self-aware or conscious and making decisions and taking actions on its own, bypassing humans. Machines and AI cannot possess morals, values, and compassion.

As alluded to in biblical scripture, evil spirits can possess people, animals, geographical places, and things. I can easily envision the use and role of AI for global control, as well as the image of the Beast.

Suppose you and I were having this conversation 30-40-50 years ago. What would your thoughts be, and how would you respond? What if I posted my thoughts on a Christian website forum back then (which I did)? Rejected, conspiracy theory, take your meds.

Today, things and technology are progressing faster than an army of those watching can keep track of and report on. Never in history, not since, are becoming a regular mantra on the news—tick, tick, tick.

The world is not falling into pieces; the pieces are falling in place.” Jan Markell, Olive Tree Ministries

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,272
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

I read a little book* this morning that really simplified my thinking.  It said that there are really only two religions in the world - the religion that says we must do something to please God; and the one that says it has already been done in Christ!

I Believe in what He did, done, then I work.    (created to do good works for what God has done)
                                                                        vs...
          I work, done, believe in what I did.          (created to believe in my works for what  I have done)

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1