• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  414
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 4:4-6 (King James Version)

This is the fulfillment of the law, to become like Him.

In Jesus

kevin

Well said. We are to become like Jesus. We are to be imitators of Him. I believe He came not only to save us from sin and death but to be an example for us.

Jesus Christ was present at the creation of this world. He spoke it into existence. For all things were made through Him and by Him.

<John 1:10>

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him."

He set aside the seventh day. He blessed it and sanctified it. He set it aside as a devine appointment for mankind to spend with Him each week. A Holy day. Jesus kept the Sabbath while He was here on earth. He kept the Sabbath even in death. We know He slept in the grave during the Sabbath. Scripture tells us we will keep the Sabbath in the new heaven and the new earth.

I also believe He could see down through the portals of history. He knew man would forget about this important day and time with Him. That's why He said, "Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy." Remember. It is the only commandment that starts with this word. Why? Because He knew man would forget the importance of this day.

I also believe, in these end times, there will be a remnant people that will return to the Bible and the Sabbath.

People that will not follow the traditions of men, but true followers of Christ. That is why in Revelation 12, we see Satan enraged with the woman (the church) and her offspring (those who keep the commandments of God)

He will persecute them severely. I believe people all over the world are reading the Bible for themselves and discovering truths that the apostate church has hidden from them. I believe we will see more people return to keeping the Sabbath.

In Christ,

CarolineS

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Kevin,

Good post. It seems that we just disagree on the extent of those works. It also seems that your beleive that faith just has to grow.

One queston:

If faith automatically flows from the believer, why all the warnings in the Scriptures. There would be no need for the following:

1Tim 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

1Tim 5:11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;

5:12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

1Tim 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and [into] many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1Tim 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane [and] vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace [be] with thee. Amen.

1Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1Tim 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

3:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in [your] mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, [and] which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

God Bless,

Dennis

Kevin,

You wrote and I agree:

"Works do not automatically flow from the believer and it is a good thing that it is not by these works that we are justified before God or we would all be in trouble."

We are not justified or forgiven and set right before God by any works. How could we? We have lived a life of sin. How could any good work change that. A good work is only sufficient for itself, it cannot cover any sin or guilt. Only Christ can forgive and 'create us into good works. Now the question is why works play a part in the Judgment of God.

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

1Cor 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.

11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

11:30 For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Could it be that the faith is judged by the works, since a man created unto good works would have the evidence of the good works. So it would seem that faith and works are vitally connected. Now it is true many disagree as to what are the works, but I believe that is why God gave us the Scriptures, to show us what the works are. 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet'. So it seems to me, that is why judgment begins at the house of God, to examine the works for they are eveidence of the genuiness of one's faith. There are many professing goats and wolves in sheep's clothing that need to be separated from the wheat.

God bless,

Dennis

Guest shiloh357
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Could it be that the faith is judged by the works, since a man created unto good works would have the evidence of the good works. So it would seem that faith and works are vitally connected. Now it is true many disagree as to what are the works, but I believe that is why God gave us the Scriptures, to show us what the works are. 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet'. So it seems to me, that is why judgment begins at the house of God, to examine the works for they are eveidence of the genuiness of one's faith. There are many professing goats and wolves in sheep's clothing that need to be separated from the wheat.

Two things, here. First, Rev. 20:12 has nothing to do with believers. This is the judgement of those who were never saved at the great white throne. Christians will not be there.

Second, it seems that you are taking the long way around, instead of just making your point. As far as you are concerned, if a person is saved, then at one of the works they would do is Sabbath observance. That is ultimately what you are getting at. You are trying to say that being a believer, but not keeping the Sabbath is problematic, and is in essence, contradictory. So far, you have avoided answering a very simple question... What is the eternal outcome of those who profess Christ, but do not keep the Sabbath? You keep avoiding my questions concerning this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

If faith automatically flows from the believer, why all the warnings in the Scriptures. There would be no need for the following:

Hi Dennis,

I guess what I am trying to say by this statement, is that faith is something that is not of ourselves or originated from us, but from God. It is in this sense that I meant that it is automatic in that it is a gift from God. It something we must have in order to please God and He is the one Who provides this faith.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

1Tim 5:8

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

I am not saying that one cannot deny the faith, as a matter of fact there are many who reject Christ and therefore deny or reject the gift of faith that is given freely of God. But when we respond to the grace that God reveals to us, we are given faith as a gift from God, it is in this sense that it is automatic (perhaps this is the wrong word to use) or freely given without any prerequisites.

We can however increase in our faith through reading Gods word and through prayer and fellowship with God and His saints.

Romans

2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

2:13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

They are a law unto themselves yes, but by following which of these laws do they obtain salvation? Paul is saying here that even without the Jewish law, man is born with a knowledge of good and evil and therefore are accountable for their actions.

1Cor

11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of [that] bread, and drink of [that] cup.

We are to examine ourselves to see if we are of the faith, which is total reliance upon and belief in the gospel of Christ,

In that He by His baptism took upon Himself the sins of mankind.

By His Crucifixion He took our judgement.

By His blood He has cleansed us and made us pure before God the Father.

By His resurrection He has defeated death and has given us eternal life. He being God Himself.

It is by this belief in the above by the faith that God has freely given us that one is born again.

11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

How are we made worthy to participate in the Lords supper? by the finished redemptive work of God through faith in the same.

We are not made worthy by any works that we have done which is one of the main themes that Paul addresses in 1 Cor.

11:30 For this cause many [are] weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

How are we judged and how do we judge ourselves? By believing in the above, by believing that Christ took our sins upon Himself through His baptism and also took our judgement through His Crucifixion, for we also were crucified with Him.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

we are not judged by whether we observe the sabbath day or attend church service or if we give to the poor etc., not that there is anything wrong with the observation of and actions of such, but we will be judged on whether we are in and of Christ or not.

Could it be that the faith is judged by the works, since a man created unto good works would have the evidence of the good works. So it would seem that faith and works are vitally connected. Now it is true many disagree as to what are the works, but I believe that is why God gave us the Scriptures, to show us what the works are. 'Thy word is a lamp unto my feet'. So it seems to me, that is why judgment begins at the house of God, to examine the works for they are evidence of the genuiness of one's faith. There are many professing goats and wolves in sheep's clothing that need to be separated from the wheat.

God bless,

Dennis

The key word in the in this judgement you quote in revelation, is dead. The dead were judged.

We are not dead brother, but we are very much alive in and through Jesus.

Romans 6 ;11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

This is a beautiful thing. Death is simply separation from God, but through Christ we are brought near and made alive through Him and His baptism and crucifixion and His resurrection being made born again by His Spirit through faith that is provided by Him.

Salvation is nothing that we have done nor can we earn it by anything that we could or should do. Salvation is through Jesus Christ and what He has done.

When we believe this we enter into His rest, rest from our own works and we live and are made alive by faith in the finished work of Christ.

Also I think Shiloh brings up a very good question here:

What is the eternal outcome of those who profess Christ, but do not keep the Sabbath? You keep avoiding my questions concerning this.

I too am curious on what your take is on this.

In Jesus

kevin

Kevin,

I really appreciate your posts and your spirit in replying. I know that you are really concerned for my soul. Not to worry, for I am saved by faith, but my faith 'lives by every word the proceeds from the mouth of God'.

A couple of Questions:

Why is the book of life opened in Revelation 20, when only believers names are in the book of life?

Why does God warn the churches about not having their names blotted out of the 'Book of life'?

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. That is not just one historical church in Asia, but churches plural, applies to all churches.

To be blotted out of the 'Book of Life', one would have to have had his/her name put into it. I'm sure that you know that names are entered into the'book of life' when they receive Jesus to dwell in their hearts by faith that is indeed inspired by God.

Now as to the $64,000 question. I believe what the Scriptures say, and that is that sin is transgression of the law, and that the wages of sin is death. I also believe that we are not only forgiven our sins, but that we are delivered from our transgressions, for he that has "been buried with Christ is dead to sin, and does not live any longer therein'. I believe what Jesus said to the woman caught in adultry, 'go and sin no more, or break my commandments no more. I believe what John says in 1John:

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (Now to believe this takes real God given, God inspired faith, but I believe it because it is the Word of the Living God.)

You see I believe all the Scriptures, not just a few sellected Scriptures. I believe that 'All Scripture is inspired by God and is to be used in teaching doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, obedience. So you see I am in harmony with the word of God unless the Holy Spirit who inspired Paul to write this Scripture has changed His mind. This Scripture that Paul is talking about is the 'Old Testament' Scripture for the 'New Testament' had not as yet been added.

2Tim 3:16 ALL scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Here God is telling us what the good works are, thank God that we do not have to figure it out for ourselves as evidenced by this topic.

Now it is not up to me to condemn anyone, I am to do the above, to share the truth with any who want to hear. It is the law that shows us our sins and thus our condemnation. It is the Word of God, all of it, that shows us the works required of us through faith.

God Bless,

Dennis

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Kevin,

I really appreciate your posts and your spirit in replying. I know that you are really concerned for my soul. Not to worry, for I am saved by faith, but my faith 'lives by every word the proceeds from the mouth of God'.

A couple of Questions:

Why is the book of life opened in Revelation 20, when only believers names are in the book of life?

Why does God warn the churches about not having their names blotted out of the 'Book of life'?

Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. That is not just one historical church in Asia, but churches plural, applies to all churches.

To be blotted out of the 'Book of Life', one would have to have had his/her name put into it. I'm sure that you know that names are entered into the'book of life' when they receive Jesus to dwell in their hearts by faith that is indeed inspired by God.

Hi Dennis,

Great question. I believe that the book of life is a book that contains everyone who was ever born of a woman.

The ones who have been blotted out are those who have not been born again by the spirit of God.

The judgement where this takes place is after the saints have been resurrected whom will not be judged in this judgement. This takes place after the millinial reign of Christ and His saints.

Rev 20

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Now as to the $64,000 question. I believe what the Scriptures say, and that is that sin is transgression of the law, and that the wages of sin is death. I also believe that we are not only forgiven our sins, but that we are delivered from our transgressions, for he that has "been buried with Christ is dead to sin, and does not live any longer therein'. I believe what Jesus said to the woman caught in adultry, 'go and sin no more, or break my commandments no more. I believe what John says in 1John:

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

If you look at Romans will will find your answers to this question.

Romans 4:15

Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

We are not under law but under grace. This is a hard thing to grasp, but when we do we will find the freedom that was given to us by God when we we became born again by His Spirit.

Galatians 3:18-20

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

We have the promise, the Lord Jesus Christ, we are no longer under the law as our means of justification before God, for by the law is no man justified. We are justified by the finished work of Christ. We are no longer judged by the law but by the finished work of Christ Who is the fulfillment of the law for God is Love and Jesus is God.

Romans 3

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Its pretty clear by the above scripture that no man shall be justified by the deeds of the law, those who seek justification through the law are guilty before God by the very law that they seek justification.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Nitice that it is the faith of Jesus Christ, the same faith that is given to us as a gift from Him, "unto all and upon all them that believe"

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

It is only through the finished redemptive work of Christ and faith in the same, that any man will stand justified before the Father.

Now back to the verses selected by you in 1 John 3

3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him

We sin not because we have entered into a new covenant with God, a covenant that was sealed with His Holy Spirit through the finished and complete work of Christ the covenant of grace through faith.

The law reveals sin, and John is the reason that Christ was manifested was to take away our sins. Without faith in the finished work of Christ we remain in sin.

If we abide in Him by being born again through faith in the finished work of Christ by we do not sin, if we rely upon our observance of the law for justification I.E. " whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him"

But we know Him and are children of the Living God, John says that whosoever knows Him sinneth not, now if we are seek the law as justification we will see that we cannot help but sin, but through faith in Him we are no longer under the law as a means of justification.

I thought I had enough time to get all my thougts down this morning, but I must run and get to work. I will try and finish this later tonight. God bless.

In Jesus

kevin

Guest shiloh357

3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. (Now to believe this takes real God given, God inspired faith, but I believe it because it is the Word of the Living God.)

You see I believe all the Scriptures, not just a few sellected Scriptures. I believe that 'All Scripture is inspired by God and is to be used in teaching doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, obedience. So you see I am in harmony with the word of God unless the Holy Spirit who inspired Paul to write this Scripture has changed His mind. This Scripture that Paul is talking about is the 'Old Testament' Scripture for the 'New Testament' had not as yet been added.

You have not answered the "$64,000 question" that both Kevin and I have asked. What is the eternal outcome of those who are belivers but don't keep the Sabbath?

You are waxing on and on and on about the importance of "works" which is just a code word for "Sabbath-keeping." When you are talking about "works" you are ultimately only talking about one particular "work" within the context of this conversation. When you talk about works, and the blotting out of names of the book of life, are you saying that those who profess Christ but do not keep the Sabbath will be among those who have their name blotted out of the book of life?

Are you saying that countless saints of God who never once kept the Sabbath, had their names blotted out of the book of life?

It really is a simple question., Is Sabbath observance necessary for salvation, or not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Kevin,

You wrote and I agree:

"Works do not automatically flow from the believer and it is a good thing that it is not by these works that we are justified before God or we would all be in trouble."

We are not justified or forgiven and set right before God by any works. How could we? We have lived a life of sin. How could any good work change that. A good work is only sufficient for itself, it cannot cover any sin or guilt. Only Christ can forgive and 'create us into good works. Now the question is why works play a part in the Judgment of God.

Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

Notice that "good works" have nothing to do with our salvation, we are to do "good works" because we are saved. The following verse also emphasizes this;

Titus 3:5 " He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,"

Now that we are going to heaven, God encourages us to "work heartily," being faithful obedient Christians, and we will be "rewarded." If we are lazy and disobedient we will "receive the consequences" of our sin. Not the "hell" consequences, Jesus paid for that, but loss of rewards and eternal shame. Consider the following verses;

Colossians 3:23-25 "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. For he [the Christian] who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and that without partiality."

2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we [Christians] must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad."

1 Corinthians 3:14-15 If any man

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

We have seen only part of this covenant fulfillment. The covenant has been cut, but we are still awaiting the final, full consummation of it. It is still in the process of fulfillment. Part of that fulfillment will be the restoration of Israel.

Finally I see the exact point that Shiloh and Blindseeker and I disagree on.

If you were speaking as a Jew, not a Messianic, but a Jew that has not realized Jesus, I would agree with you on the above statement, Shiloh. But as a believer in Jesus Christ, I am convinced that it is finished, I am seated in heavenly places, and all work has been done. In the natural, no, you are correct, but the moment we receive the Holy Spirit we are no longer seen by God in the natural, we are seen blameless, as the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Our dead spirit is brought to life. It is finished and I can rest. That is the Rest intended from the foundation of the world. Direct access to the Father, instead of going through the High Priest, we are priests, instead of wandering around in the desert needing a weekly reminder of God bringing us out of Egypt, we are the realization of the promise, we are free, no longer slaves, no longer wanderers, we are home!

Those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and in Truth.