tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

We are different than they because we are lazy. We take things for granted. We are not as much out of the world. We picked up some idols along the way, and it shows. JMO

Lazy or afraid of offending?

There is a work in the Lord, that WE, this church age is neglecting........it is the healing of the sick/sin-burdened. In order to do that, we must walk in the Spirit/live a different way, and then we must tell them the Truth about sin! They must be told, lest they not be set free by the Truth.

And man do we have the idols! I'm really having to get a handle on the Wal-mart trips :o It is now entertainment for us isn't it? Our buying I mean. Or at least it is here sometimes and the Lord is speaking to me about it. What if......I had to do without.........what if, all was taken away from us, would I still give thanks unto the Lord, or would I walk in where He put me?

Forgive me for going off in so many different directions, I am just really needing to speak of these things, and the idolatry, as you know trav. has been heavy on my heart in terms of the Word, and what It says.

Peace to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Lazy or afraid of offending?

Both I think sis. Both. Definately afraid of offending. Too many churchs try to appease the masses and that doesn't work. Well, it works for the world, but not for the truth.

Back to your original subject, can a nurseryman get a good, healthy crop of fruit from his trees if he puts no effort in it? Not speaking of salvation here, but fruit.

Luk 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain [man] had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.

Luk 13:7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?

Luk 13:8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung [it]:

Luk 13:9 And if it bear fruit, [well]: and if not, [then] after that thou shalt cut it down

Back to your original subject, can a nurseryman get a good, healthy crop of fruit from his trees if he puts no effort in it? Not speaking of salvation here, but fruit.

Fruit being the work of ministering to others, the Truth of the Gospel, then these passages would make sense:

1 Cor. 1:9 Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?

and:

1 Cor. 3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Meaning we have a job to do, in terms of telling those the Lord sends to us, the message of Truth, if not, then we might be saved, but we won't get to receive the joy of someone else being saved through the hearing of the message? If we have an obligation and work to be sharers of the message of Truth.

(Remember the parables of the "workers" Especially the 10 minas that were given to the servants to put them to work. The one who did so, (he was given more!) Luke 19:11-27.

James 1:25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

1 Peter 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear;

Rev. 22:12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

Just a thought.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest seya

It's rather like 'the tree is known by its fruits', isn't it? Just the same we need to be careful about making outward judgment, knowing what Jesus has to say about that.

When King David fell into grievous sins, the Lord God sent a prophet to admonish him. To rebuke, not to condemn. As we know, good came out of that, as Psalm 51 testifies.

Christians living in open sin need to be rebuked, but in the spirit of love, for we tend to forget how much God has forgiven and does forgive each one of us for Christ Jesus' sake. "bear one anothers' burdens.'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 7:15

"Ye shall know them by their fruits..."

Know them by their fruits? It can mean works, or gifts of the Holy Spirit, or it could mean both.

2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

Mal 4:4 "Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, Which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, With the statutes and judgments. 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse."

Luke 1:17 He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children,' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

just = righteous, observing divine laws

1 Thess. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God;

2 Thess. 2:10 You are witnesses, and God also, how devoutly and justly and blamelessly we behaved ourselves among you who believe; 11 as you know how we exhorted, and comforted, and charged every one of you, as a father does his own children, 12 that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.

I do know what you are referring to, but I now am at a point that I cannot shy away from the teachings of "being" peculiar. And not only do I not shy away, I am longing for the discourse on "righteousness" which I believe is greatly lacking within the church. Now that those have heard and accepted the gospel message..........they must "grow in grace".

I am thirsting for righteousness. I am praying for it to be taught within our churches again. Will you pray with me?

Thank you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Yes! Suzanne, I will pray with you. What our churches need is true repentance which leads to righteous living!

As I understand it, The Wales revival of the early 1900's began as 2 women became burdened and began to pray earnestly that God would heal their land!

We still have the same God, he can do it again!

IR

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Yes sis, I will stand with you in prayer on this!

:il:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I shall pray. Praying is something we should all do. I'll pray for you tsth.

God bless you sisters.

I am very thankful for you all!

:il:

In His Love,

Suzanne