• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings~

I was just wondering how well do you know your neighbours?

My neighbour to the east of me, Pam, is presently out of work. She is a JWitness, and is alittle hard to approach. She has been on my mind. I have been wondering if she had enogh food and money for her bills. Today, she knocked on my door because a piece of my mail was in her mail box. The window was opened up - so I asked her if she had enough food and money - she said yes and thanked me for asking.

The neighbour to my southwest, Mark, came over the other day. He wanted to know if I had any pipe tape, because he had to replace his water heater. I didn't have any tape, and told him so. Yet I did ask him if he had enough money to purchase the tape since he lives on a limited budget.

The neighbour to the south of me, Dick is feeding a house full of grandchildren and a daughter on a very little Social Security check. Dick has borrowed money from me. He has paid me back on time. Sometimes I will go thru my freezer, and take things out to give to him. I share my can goods and when I bake - cookies.

The neighbour to my west, Lois, also lives on a little Social Security check. I don't like to eat out by myself, so I invite Lois to come along. As I said in another message here on the forum. I am helping her as much as I can.

These samples are examples of what Our Lord, Christ Jesus said, "Love your neighbour as you love yourself!"

Snow

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

My neighbors to the left don't speak english. My neighbors to the right barely speak english. But I wave and smile at them if I happen to see them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/28/1977

Not well enough. I used to know them all, but some have moved, some have died, and some take their kids inside when they see me outside. I'm not going to bug them :) I hope to make cookies and deliver them to folks this Christmas and try to make some friends that way. People always like you better when you bring food.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Funny, I had just recently this thought about organizing a building wide getting to know you party. Maybe this thread is re-enforcing that idea? It's 7 floors of 13 apartments per. Wow, what a crowd that would be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hardly at all. We just moved a week ago. On the immediate right, Mrs. Mercy speaks very good English; her husband almost none (and my Spanish is very questionable!)

The Neighbor on the left speaks broken English, although I gathered he wished he had more Christmas lights, while we wish we could get rid of some, so I gave him a box of outdoor lights.

Down the road is a native-born American retiree named Erv. All in all, from what little contact I've had with them, they seem like a group of nice folks.

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I don't bother too much with my neighbors. The ones on the right side of me have a bunch of roudy kids. I would be happy if they moved. On my left is a nice family. They have their mom living with them and a young daughter. All are very nice to me when we see each other.

Across the street is an old married couple. The husband invites me over on occasion. He likes to show me his latest hobbies, or to ask questions about his pc.

Directly across from me is a woman who will be 100 y/o in February. I bother most with her. I try to help her any way I can. She is a great woman and I love her. Mostly what she wants from me is company. Sometimes she'll call me. She is amazing in that she still drives her car. I wish she didn't. She goes to church every sunday.

in Him;

corey

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

We really only have one close neighbor, he just built his house a couple of years ago. He is single and had a really hard childhood. I won't go into details. But I just lastnight took him a small christmas tree and put up some lights on his front porch...he also has to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and I made sure to tell him if he needed a ride to call us, that my hubby knows Grand Rapids like the back of his hand and would be happy to drive him.

We have one down the road aways that is a spanish family, I found their little dog (knew it was theirs cuz I seen it in their yard while driving by before) so I picked her up and took her home, they seemed amazed that I did that, the language barrior was almost comical, but when the wife hugged me and the hubby patted me on the back, I understood they were grateful.

Angel

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I live in an apartment complex and I know a great deal of the residents. We help each other and have become a family. I have wanted to move out of this building, but I don't for two reasons... One, I don't feel released to, and two, it would be very hard to leave the people I love so much.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My neighbor on the left is mean, agnostic B---H, and Catholic.

My neighbor on the west is a "good morning", BYE.

MY neighbor to the North is self-absorbed.

My neighbor next to self absorbed is very Catholic.

And they all hate me.

Because

1. I keep to myself

2. I egg there cars if they park in front of my house.

3. Because they can.

My house is for sale...great neighborhood, a bargain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,028
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,369
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

I live in a large apartment building. Most of the people here are either family people or nice single people. I smile and say hello to everyone here. Some of the people I know better because they have lived here for awhile. But, being Los Angeles, alot of renters come and go very fast...so I don't get to know them!

I am good friends with a young Hindu couple and their baby. They often call me when they are going to the market to see if I would like to go with them! I have taken them to church on Christmas and Easter.

I also got invited to their baby shower....there were 85 people from India and only a handful of us Americans! My mom and I helped decorate the hall for the baby shower, too, along with a young man from India.

Another nice family we are still friends with, even though they moved some years back, is a young couple from Bangladesh and their little girl (who is a really loving, sweet child). They call us now and then, and we still visit each other. Also, when their little girl was very sick, they asked for prayer from us and our church, and my mom and I spent 3 days with them in the hospital...so they could go home for awhile to bathe, etc. The husband says if we ever need help in an emergency to call them.