DaughterofKing

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

why wont god help me, im so depressed. should i tell my mom to stop telling me her problems, i get so worried and down but the bible says to be sad when others are sad.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

DoK, when you give yourself to the Lord, there is a great difference in our lives. Have you given yourself 100% to Him? Have you truly submitted yourself to the Lord? There is joy in the Lord, real joy in Him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

DaughterofKing my best advice to you, is to encourage your mother to go somewhere else to offload her troubles. Refresh yourself in Gods Word (the Bible) and note down the passages that encourage you. When you get down, memorize those verses and use them AGAINST the depression or bad feelings. God's Word IS mightier than the sword and it's the most effective weapon against depression, however if you do need medication then continue with that also.

With love

Faithie :emot-talk:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

why wont god help me, im so depressed. should i tell my mom to stop telling me her problems, i get so worried and down but the bible says to be sad when others are sad.

Hi Daughter,

I like you. :emot-wave:

You are so direct and honest with your questions and comments. :emot-talk: Just a few thoughts on your situation.

1. God IS helping you. He guided you here where you can fellowship with other believers, and get some input to your questions.

2. God loves you with an everlasting love. Your doubts and fears can't change that. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is ever-faithful....trust in Him.

3. About your mom. My guess is that even if she did not confide in you, you would still worry about her. It's a blessing, really, that you have the kind of relationship where she feels comfortable talking to you. But, it might be helpful that instead of just talking about the problem, try to lead her to working on solutions. Maybe the next time she brings up a problem you could say, "Let's work out a plan to resolve this problem"...or something like that. Get a pen and paper....write down the problem....write down your wish for how it should be.....then brainstorm about ways you could work toward a solution.

Mostly though, as someone here said, try to direct her to another adult that can help her---a pastor, friend, family member, doctor, Christian counselor, etc.

God bless you Daughter. You are in my prayers.

Love & hugs,

Fiosh

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I don't know how old you are, or if you still live at home, but if you're a young person at home, then your mother should not be using you as her 'friend' to discuss her problems with. Does you mom have other friends to speak with?

Personally, I think you will find a lot of help in the Pauline writings. He goes into much detail about the Christian life, and how to be victorious in all circumstances.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Hi Daughter,

I like you. :rolleyes:

You are so direct and honest with your questions and comments. :emot-talk: Just a few thoughts on your situation.

1. God IS helping you. He guided you here where you can fellowship with other believers, and get some input to your questions.

2. God loves you with an everlasting love. Your doubts and fears can't change that. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is ever-faithful....trust in Him.

3. About your mom. My guess is that even if she did not confide in you, you would still worry about her. It's a blessing, really, that you have the kind of relationship where she feels comfortable talking to you. But, it might be helpful that instead of just talking about the problem, try to lead her to working on solutions. Maybe the next time she brings up a problem you could say, "Let's work out a plan to resolve this problem"...or something like that. Get a pen and paper....write down the problem....write down your wish for how it should be.....then brainstorm about ways you could work toward a solution.

Mostly though, as someone here said, try to direct her to another adult that can help her---a pastor, friend, family member, doctor, Christian counselor, etc.

God bless you Daughter. You are in my prayers.

Love & hugs,

Fiosh

AMEN FIOSH!!! :emot-wave: Way to go. I have been rather down in the dumps lately. Both at work and at home. The only time I have joy is when I am among Church friends or helping out at Church Functions.

DoK. Get out of the house, I am sure you love your Mother. But worry about you too. Listen to her. And use our dear sister Fiosh's advice. But if your Mother keeps dumping on you. You need to take time for YOU. Is there a Church group near you? Friends you can be with?

In my own case I wonder if the depression I have. From home, work, or wherever. If G-d is not heightening that feeling in order to tell me to get away from it. I am still praying for guidance on the Behold Your G-d campaign this summer. And am feeling stronger about going on it.

Peace, Love, Grace, and a great big HUG to you;

Mikado

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

DaughterofKing,

As of late I too have been going through a great depression in my life. In the last 2 weeks I have noticed that it has started to lift off from me. The enemy has always used this against me (depression). But the Lord revealed something very important to me about 2 years or so ago. He helped me to realize that He put this seed of discontent in me. I ask myself. What would my life be like if depression had never been a factor in my life? I can't begin to know all the implications of that, but I know that if I had not been proned to depression I would not have looked at life the same way at all.

I have had to cry out to my God for the comfort that only He is able to give. During my life their have been many counterfeits for that comfort. But once you have felt the joy of the Lord, nothing else will do.

I do not think that God intends for us to be depressed. So don't get me wrong. We have to always remember where we are. We are aliens here. Our citizenship does not belong here, at least not until the Lord comes back.

The Lord said to love this world would result in the loss of the life that only He can give. He also said that in this world we will most definitely have trials and tribulations.

This is the bottom line, "be still and know that I am God," The Word tells us.

Wait on the Lord. You are not alone.

I will leave you with this thought. The Lord said to Peter, that the devil had asked to sift Peter as wheat. I think that the enemy still asks to do this to us all. But.... the Lord told Peter that He had prayed for him and when he (Peter), came back, he should strenghten his brethren. He is interceding for us now, even as He did for Peter. So, baby, you are in good company. Take heart for the Lord of Glory has overcome this world!!! .......jmh137

Guest NewPilgrim

The best thing to do is trust in God. Trust that you are part of his plan and trust that whatever happens to your mom or anyone else is also in his plan. We all have problems, not least of all the apostles, but they didnt get too wrapped up in the worries of each day because they had faith in the bigger picture of salvation and everlasting life.

Youre right that we should feel sad for others as christ did, but depression usually stems from worry and Jesus commands us not to worry "Why worry about tomorrow when today has enough troubles of its own?"

The less we can concern ourselves with our own troubles, and the more we can entrust our own lives to God, the more we can affect others in the same way and the greater you will be as a servant and a tool of God :emot-talk:

You don't have to do anything specific...Just stop worrying and know that God has a long term plan for all of us :emot-wave:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I have had horrible depression.

And I have needed someone to talk to.

My Mum was the person I went to.

I think that you would be dead chuffed that your mother is confiding in you, and trusts you to help her along.

But I agree in another's posts, that if it's too much, that you could gently ask if there's someone else she'd like to talk to.

JMHO :emot-talk::emot-wave::rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

thanks guys, i felt so down last night, then i started saying bible verses and binding Satan and depression and evil spirits and then i said some of God's promises and that God hath given me a sound mind and a spirit of power and love and i felt better. then i asked God for me to fall asleep and i did. I woke up this morning and i feel a little better.