• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

This came from an e-list i'm on....

Prayer Appeal for Hal Lindsey Ministries

I do not want to turn this announcement into a commentary about the Trinity Broadcasting Network other than to say I am not enamored with much of their programming; that is, with the major exception of Hal Lindsey's "International Intelligence Briefing" (IIB). On Hal's Web site tonight is the announcement that TBN has taken him off air. He suggests it may be because he is too pro-Israel and anti-Muslim. You can read about it at www.hallindsey.com.

If those are just some of the reasons his international TV voice is silenced, it is just because he was telling the truth. Once again, as Isaiah says, "Truth has fallen in the street." The days of telling the truth are becoming more and more difficult and the cost always escalating.

Hal writes, "The question I am compelled to ask is, 'If we don't tell the world the truth, then who will?' The government won't. The mainstream media won't. Foreign powers won't. Al-Jazeera won't. Of course, there can be and will always be disagreements about style and aesthetics in programming. But I can't understand how any Christian that is aware of the dangers radical Islam poses to our nation, Christians worldwide, and the nation of Israel, can issue a mandate to soft-peddle the truth about it."

Once again I am reminded, and am reminding you, that truth-telling ministries are suffering today. Political correctness knows no bounds. It has infected every aspect of society.

Hal Lindsey has his critics. However, I have had him as a guest speaker at two of my major conferences held in Minneapolis/St. Paul, once in 2004 and once last fall. His teaching, preaching, and Bible exposition are a gift to all who value God's prophetic theme in the Bible and who patiently yet eagerly await His return.

As a young person in 1974 I was terribly bored with my faith. I did not know where I really fit in the broader scheme of things. That same year two very powerful things took place. I took my first of many trips to Israel, then came home and read Hal's "Late-Great Planet Earth." The combination set the course of my life for the next thirty years and likely until the day God calls me Home.

Hal Lindsey is a friend of mine. In the two events I sponsored, a total of 6,000 people came out and learned to keep looking up. They came from 12-15 states, Canada, and the U.K. They had been touched by Hal's writings and Bible teachings.

At this point all of the facts are not known, so just keep Hal Lindsey Ministries in prayer as well as all truth-telling ministries including Olive Tree Ministries. A battle is raging and truth will prevail. Just the fact that ministries that stand for discernment and solid Bible teaching are under attack should make you keep an eye on the sky even more.

RADIO THIS WEEKEND: Fox News' commentator John Gibson talks about his book, "The War on Christmas." Tentatively scheduled is a physician who will comment about Avian Flu. Is it hype or fact that it is a threat to humans? We headquarter out of AM980 KKMS in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. We air live Saturdays, 9 to 11 AM CST with a rebroadcast Sunday, 12 to 2 PM. If we're not aired in a city near you, tune in weekends to www.kkms.com and click on "Listen Live." All programming goes on our "radio archives" by Monday. Dial-up users should have no problem with our new technology. See our Web site, then "Radio Show" for all programming information. We will be podcasting in another few weeks.

Awaiting His return,

Jan Markell

• Group:  Diamond Member

Heres the link to Hals announcement that he's been taken off the air...

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=12130

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I believe these are the days when Christians are being pitted against Christians...period. Be careful....these are perilous times.

Micah 7:5-6

5 Do not trust a neighbor;

put no confidence in a friend.

Even with her who lies in your embrace

be careful of your words.

6 For a son dishonors his father,

a daughter rises up against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Jamie, Hal is scheduled to be a guest for the last three hours of coast to coast am tonight if you are interested. It comes on at midnight central time so Hal should be on at 1am central time.

• Group:  Diamond Member

Thanks for letting me know Other One, i'll look for it.

I've been planning on ordering some videos from his website, I think now is the time to do it.

I really like and respect Hal Lindsey, You dont see any pride, pretense, or religiousity with him, he's practical and very gifted without all the fluff or compromise. It's TBN's loss, for sure.

Just be careful for he has made predictions that have not come to pass. he can and has been wrong in the past, so what he says must be backed up and checked on carefully.

Sam

post-2392-1133440913_thumb.jpg

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

There is no doubt whatever in this particular observer's mind that TBN and a Hal Lindsey are at polar opposites. The former is a very highly charismatic & a low-emphasized Bible doctrinal organization; the latter quite the opposite. One emphasizes glitter, make-up & puffery ala PTL; the other the clear-cut (and prophetic, pro-Israel) Word unapologetically above all. Sometimes I do indeed wonder about the charismatic underscoring of "seeker-friendliness" when the settled Word of Truth has already addressed this specific emphasis in church life. Simply check Romans 3:11,12 for starters.

It's indeed fascinating to view "charismatic emphasis" today: IE, "dress to the nines" when viewing a DEAD person at a funeral; dress as a hobo just fallen off a passing freight when standing before the LIVING King of all kings at worship!! Personally, truth to tell, I can worship with either individual in a spirit of love and fellowship in Christ, but indeed this particularly strange pro-hobo sloppiness -coupled with rude lateness (as is so often the case) and irregularity in attendance (one time in three is hardly acceptable in view of Hebrews 10:24,25) - leaves more than one could imagine to be desired. Maybe the better approach is not for TBN to drop Hal Lindsey, but for TBN viewers to come alive and exit Bro. Crouch!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

..... and stop the ear tickling..... don't hold your breath....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Thanx, thanx. I've turned down my pace-maker.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Off the subject comments:

I give the INSP a higher rating than TBN. The INSP's programming is of a higher integrity.

Edited by Salt