• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Having been a school teacher, I always loved kids. Maybe that's why I learned to laugh. Laughter and a sense of humor is sorely missing in our lives and in these kids lives.

What missing in their lives is a sense of loving acceptance. A smile, a hug and a bit of quick wit humor does wonders for a kid these days.

I hugged ALL of my students and nobody ever told me I couldn't. I guess I just see this as a silly story. I can't really take it serious.

We have a lot of fun as well. I'm actually looking at a career in Alternative Education, which is why this thread grabbed my attention. Everybody has gifts and abilities that I feel should be tapped into at a young age. But as it stands, most who slipped through the system, don't develop these areas until later in life. Thanx :wub:

• Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

You didn't offend at all. Not even close. I think perhaps I took it too seriously. I still believe that we need to be careful about letting the media and the world influencing what we find funny, but, in this case I took it a bit too seriously. Sorry about that! :24: My apologies...

:wub:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I really think one of the main reasons kids are so unruly these days is because God's been kicked out of the classroom and the home, as well.

You put God back in the home and school house, I think you'd see a change in adolescent attitudes...Just a thought... :wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can appreciate the fear that crowds and groups effect on others, but this device seems like a treatment for a symptom and hardly a real solution. The teenagers gather for a reason, find out what is really going on and work to find a deeper solution I say.

Is anyone really listening to these young people? I see homeless kids come into the store where I work to steal spray paint to inhale. This stuff destroys brain cells and very quickly anything that resembles a cohesive psychological state as far as I know. And I see how many of my co-workers hold such contempt and hatred for these kids. They are kids. Kids. Didn't Jesus see a soul behind the mask of the prostitute?

Compassion requires will, effort and deeper thought...

....and unconditional positive regard.

On the other hand, maybe the mosquito is not enough. Why don't we just send them all to Texas for a dose of swift justice, I hear injestions are going cheap. Now there's a reponse that won't need to be followed up. Quick and easy, no fuss, just like kleenex.

Come on world, haven't we grown out of this way of thinking yet?

Jack, the fix for this problem is in the home not some store. The store owner can't fix or change teenagers if they are not getting the training at home.... I agree we should send them to texas for some punishment and their parents too.....

se

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A store owner has a right to protect his property.

If these teens have been harming his business - then I applaud him for peacefully handling the situation. :noidea:

Why chastise the owner for not being a counsellor or pastor or social worker? That isn't his job!

(And if he isn't a Christian, then there's no need to rembuke him for not evangelizing either.)

Go repellant!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Take 3 on responding (I wasn't happy with what I typed before so I just cancelled it).

Sorry, I didn't mean to stir up a debate here. I do agree with Keith that we have to be careful what we find funny though. All too often I catch myself laughing at wrong things.

However, I did have a chuckle at this, though it was really more my scientific interest that had me post it. I can see that if I was a teenager I might be initially offended, but I urge teenage readers to think as their parents as they read this- someday you'll more than likely be parents of teenagers too (well, I'm the uncle of one anyway).