• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1980

In these verses Paul is talking about Women to have long hair, and men to have short hair. He goes on to say that isn't it a disgrace for a man to have long hair? If Yeshua himself had long hair, I doubt that Paul would have made this statement. Am I completely misunderstanding this part of scripture?? Thanks for any clarification.

Aaron

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thats what it says so Yeshua (Jesus) probly had long hair since this would get under the pharisees skin traditionally speaking , John the baptist never cut his hair his whole life.

The truth is its all just conjecture one way or the other.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Did Adam or Eve have bellybuttons?

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Did Adam or Eve have bellybuttons?

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Hi aaron,

I had a quick look into Judaism customs. Apprently body hair from the neck down was considered unhygenic and was painfully removed.

There was mixed understanding about women wearing head covers, but the general consensus is that married women were to wear them. Unmarried and those who did not pose a lustful threat, didn't have to.

In Act 18.18 Paul cut off all his hair because of a vow he had taken - and also, I found out that there were certain ceremonial times when men cut their hair eg weddings. Apart from this, I haven't come up with much else, sorry.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

Hi aaron,

I had a quick look into Judaism customs. Apprently body hair from the neck down was considered unhygenic and was painfully removed.

There was mixed understanding about women wearing head covers, but the general consensus is that married women were to wear them. Unmarried and those who did not pose a lustful threat, didn't have to.

In Act 18.18 Paul cut off all his hair because of a vow he had taken - and also, I found out that there were certain ceremonial times when men cut their hair eg weddings. Apart from this, I haven't come up with much else, sorry.

what you say makes sense. The hair thing was primarily a matter of cultrue- just like "wearing braids" was, for women...

both were because of the connotations or atmosphere around them.

Guest shiloh357
Hi aaron,

Ha!! Where did you get that?

That was a nazarite vow.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

God is concerned about hair length, and of course Jesus would not wear His hair in a way that His own word condemns. Nobody knows what Jesus looked like, probably to prevent people from making idols of Him, but of course, that hasn't stopped the Catholics. The prevailing image of a long haired Christ is a Catholic invention, and cannot be accurate, otherwise Paul wouldn't have made that statement in scripture. It is blasphemy to portray a dishonorable Christ, and real Christians shouldn't participate in idolotry anyway.

It is also a lie to say that this command is a cultural thing, because that is contrary to what God says.

I Corinthians 11:14-15 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

God says that nature itself should teach you this so "culture" is not an excuse. The reason is that God values gender distinctions, because He knows that gender confusion disrupts and destroys his plan for the family. If you are a faithful Christian man, your hair should be kept short also, and women's hair should be left long.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Man looks at the outward appearance, God looks at the heart.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

God is concerned about hair length, and of course Jesus would not wear His hair in a way that His own word condemns. Nobody knows what Jesus looked like, probably to prevent people from making idols of Him, but of course, that hasn't stopped the Catholics. The prevailing image of a long haired Christ is a Catholic invention, and cannot be accurate, otherwise Paul wouldn't have made that statement in scripture. It is blasphemy to portray a dishonorable Christ, and real Christians shouldn't participate in idolotry anyway.

It is also a lie to say that this command is a cultural thing, because that is contrary to what God says.

I Corinthians 11:14-15 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him, but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

God says that nature itself should teach you this so "culture" is not an excuse. The reason is that God values gender distinctions, because He knows that gender confusion disrupts and destroys his plan for the family. If you are a faithful Christian man, your hair should be kept short also, and women's hair should be left long.

Is Heaven going to be sectioned off according to denomination? You have nothing better to do it would seem than to go around bashing people. Remember what Jesus said-he who is without sin should cast the first stone. I'm certainly not without sin.

I'm sure that you will probably have a beef with Joyce Meyer as well, but I like how she says it; we can't run around trying to be Holy Ghost, Jr. trying to convict people of things we feel convicted over-that is the job of the Spirit. But your type has nothing better to than to run around shoving legalistic philosophy at people which does nothing more than to turn people off form the Gospel message.