Worthy News: Bush calls leak 'shameful'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Ah, but I never said I place my "trust" in the government. I place my trust in Jesus ;)

Assumptions on our part can be just as dangerous as "total" government control. I don't believe in doing or allowing either one. I will keep my "assumptions" on how I see a situation to myself.

Not to shock you :thumbsup: But I believe too that warrents should of been gotten in the 3 day time period. I just refuse to "assume" about why they weren't. Eventualy the truth will come out, and then some of us will be finding our assumptions were wrong/right.

If I blabbed out all of the assumptions I have had in my life, I would be in a padded room :wub: I push them back and pray ;)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

I could not disagree more. A true patriot always questions his government. You are confusing nationalism with patriotism. As someone pointed out earlier, a lot of men have fought and died protecting our freedoms and we should not just hand them over to any government on the promise of security.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I could not disagree more. A true patriot always questions his government. You are confusing nationalism with patriotism. As someone pointed out earlier, a lot of men have fought and died protecting our freedoms and we should not just hand them over to any government on the promise of security.

:blink: Where did I say I never question what the government does. I always watch and listen, just because I choose to voice my opinions at the polls when I vote doesn't mean I'm sticking my head in the sand wanting the government to take control. I know many died protecting our freedoms, many of my family members included.

Your right, "verify" your assumptions before voicing them. I'm not going to explain my position on wire tapping again, I've already done that.

Lets put it this way, if a nuclear attack happened in a big city in the USA, then it would be the government didn't do enough to protect us.

I have to say this, when we as people complain about the government secrets, and how we all have a total right to know everything, the first thing I think of is the troops in Iraq that had Geraldo Rivera with them. He squats down in the sand and starts to draw out the plan of what this group is gonna do, their next step...welll duh...don't you think the terroists get the news channel...

And I couldn't agree more with its hard to find an honest politician :o:blink:

Final answer, question the government all you want, I do it alot too. But there is a huge difference between questioning and assumptions. I don't understand why that is so hard to grasp. :o

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do not believe President Bush broke any laws. All of those statements that he admitted to commiting impeachable offenses came from left-wing Democrats including Barbra Boxer of California. The wire taps were done on a hand full of people that were suspected terrorists. The USA Today said in the story "hundreds" of people were involved. The actual number was just over 500 in a nation with over 250 million citizens. It is obvious from that number alone the government cannot be spying on average Americans. This is a very limited investigation.

Concerning the Patriot Act, personally I would not mind seeing portions of it done away with, but not because I fear anything from President Bush. Regardless of all of the liabelous statements made about him by liberals, I consider him an honest man. I fear someone like a Hiliary Clinton having such power.

I think George Washington held about the same feelings as you Butero.... that's why he basically told us not to trust anyone or any office with that kind of power. Not in the exact words, but he same thoughts.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Why do some (quite evidently pig-headed) people like the idea of making it easier for Muslim mass-murderers to operate in America by cutting down the vital Patriot Act? One would think that mere survival comes far, far ahead of "civil liberties." How can one experience "civil liberties" if one is dead, dutifully slaughtered by a Muslim mass-murderer? Excellent query. Let's work together to strengthen, not weaklen American security & defence. Outstanding idea!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Why do some (quite evidently pig-headed) people like the idea of making it easier for Muslim mass-murderers to operate in America by cutting down the vital Patriot Act? One would think that mere survival comes far, far ahead of "civil liberties." How can one experience "civil liberties" if one is dead, dutifully slaughtered by a Muslim mass-murderer? Excellent query. Let's work together to strengthen, not weaklen American security & defence. Outstanding idea!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Hello Arthur Durnan,

I am a Republican and voted for President Bush both times he ran. If he could run for a 3rd term against another liberal Democrat I would vote to return him to office.

I am not in favor of doing away with the Patriot Act completely, but neither do I support giving up my civil liberties for security. As Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death." As I said before, I believe Bush is honest and is only looking after our national security in promoting the Patriot Act. My concern is what future Presidents will do with such power, like perhaps a Hiliary Clinton.

While I am concerned about the civil rights of Americans, where I disagree strongly with liberals is how we deal with terrorists. They should not be entitled to the same rights afforded American citizens. I oppose McCain's misguided amendment granting rights to terrorists. I am sick of hearing about Abu Grad and how these poor prisoners were supposedly being tortured. I think it is dispicable that we sent members of our military to prison for in one case 10 years for humiliating these monsters that would blow us up or cut off the heads of American citizens if given the chance.

That being said, we do need to be careful in how much power we give the government. What starts out innocent can lead to abuse later on.

Right on :)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I do not believe President Bush broke any laws. All of those statements that he admitted to commiting impeachable offenses came from left-wing Democrats including Barbra Boxer of California. The wire taps were done on a hand full of people that were suspected terrorists. The USA Today said in the story "hundreds" of people were involved. The actual number was just over 500 in a nation with over 250 million citizens. It is obvious from that number alone the government cannot be spying on average Americans. This is a very limited investigation.

Well spoken, Butero!

Too may people don't seemt o appreciate the fact that we are involved in a real war. It's just got a changed face to it so it doesn't look like one as we know it.

But it is a war.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

President George W. Bush can listen in on any of my conversations at the time of His choosing during this protracted time of WW3 in which "civil liberties," I dutifully repeat, cannot exist in any measure whatsoever if that innocent American individual has been neatly slaughtered by Muslim mass-murderers who are "on the prowl" day & night against America & her Jewish allies - or was 9-11 only another convenience store? I have absolutely ZIP to hide! Further, I'm quite prepared to Email my personal phone number to the President this afternoon.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH!

Run, Condi, Run in 08!

Run, George Allan, Run in 08!

Run, "Giant-Killer" John Thune, Run in 08!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Remarkable...... simply remarkable....