IGNORED

Christian Metal

Guest skeezix

Guest skeezix

i was just wondering if there is anyone here who listens to christian metal like Tourniquet, few left standing or Eternal Decision?

if not, is it because you dont like that type of music, or because you think its wrong?

im sure this topic has been brought up before, but remember, im new here! :ph34r:

i was just wondering.....

-ric

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
i was just wondering if there is anyone here who listens to christian metal like Tourniquet, few left standing or Eternal Decision?

if not, is it because you dont like that type of music, or because you think its wrong?

im sure this topic has been brought up before, but remember, im new here! :ph34r:

i was just wondering.....

-ric

yeppppp & i got into quite a bit of trouble for my opinion but i'll give it just this one more time anyhow------christian?????--

metal-rock-noise-???? they won't fit on the same line in the same breath--i.e.--NO--such-any-mule--

IN my humble--opinion----

-can you feature JESUS at a rock-concert--metal-or otherwise--jumping up & down,waving HIS arms about wildly,jumping on someone in what is described as ;{slam-dancing}-???????????------

give me a break---------

essa muy-loco-ena cabesa----

NOW I'LL go quietly before the firing-squad----NO blind-fold-please---I prefer to look my executioners directly in the eye----why tho ---I doNOT know??? most puzzle-ing--i think--------Gary---- :ph34r:

Guest skeezix

no firing squad here...lol

im not the type to condemn anyone for their convictions, so dont worry about that! besides, i knew when i asked that question i would have a few less than enthusiastic replies.

as far as Jesus going to a Tourniquet concert, I think he would go anywhere where people were hearing the word of God. I know the members of Tourniquet, and i have to say that they have been on fire for the Lord for 13 years now. they have a good ministry, and want nothing more than to see young peeps saved. thats just one example though. im sure there are a few bands who do not practice what they preach, but thats between them and the Lord.

i just feel that God created ALL types of music. satan has no power to create, just distort.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

I don't have a problem with Christian metal, or any other form of Christian music, for that matter. What is disheartening is to go to a concert and not get a clear Gospel message while there. I've been to see Third Day(not metal), and glorifying God was clearly the reason to be there. I've been to other concerts by Christian groups, and other than a few lyrics in the songs, you would never know they were supposed to be Christian.

In fact, I was watching an interview with a Canadian Christian band, Jake, and they were asked why they chose to be Christian rather than secular. They hemmed and hawed, and finally said they didn't know. There was much more unimpressive missed opportunities in that interview.

I couldn't imagine going to a Sunday service and not be learning and worshipping God. I can't imagine reading a theological book, and not be learning and worshipping God. I can't imagine listening to a Christian group and not be worshipping God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Skee,

Despite Gary's lack of musical breadth there is nothing wrong with any musical style..whether that be lyrics put to a country sound or a metal sound. What I find lacking in much of today's music is depth. You will look far a wide to find in "christian" music a song as deep as Creed's "My Own Prison." To me the value of music is the ability to connect with where I am in my life and not just putting Scripture to music. When I want worship music I go to Church.

- Steve

PS Steve Taylor, Terry Taylor, DA, The Swirling Eddies, 77s and Michael Card are not included in that criticism....

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Truthfully, I don't care that much about music. It's no big deal if you don't listen

to christian music. It won't hurt if you listen to it, but it's no big deal.

So, do you [in general] think the Lord created rap as well? And reggae? And freestyle?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Ooooh Dr Steve, I DO like Michael Card! And what you said makes a lot of sense.

To me the value of music is the ability to connect with where I am in my life and not just putting Scripture to music.

Guest skeezix

when i say christian metal, im not talkin about stryper or creed, any 9 year old with a year of sunday school under their belt could write that junk....

the stuff i listen to is actually pretty deep.... and VERY CLEAR on the message...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I've never heard of those bands, but I've never been into heavy metal anyway. My feeling is, that if Martin Luther could take bar songs and give them christian lyrics, why can't you have christian lyrics for heavy metal bands. It's not like the notes of the music of a heavy metal band are evil or anything, it's the lyrics. That's one of my pet peeves with some of the so called chriatian rock bands, <Rant on> you can't tell what they are saying! If you can't tell what they are saying how will you tell what the message is?< Rant off>

Guest Mudfly

"when i say christian metal, im not talkin about stryper or creed, any 9 year old with a year of sunday school under their belt could write that junk....

the stuff i listen to is actually pretty deep.... and VERY CLEAR on the message..."

It doesn't have to be 'deep' to be praiseworthy or powerfull. If the artist's intent and heart is in the right place, and the lyrics are Christ honoring, then no matter how simplistic it is...it definitely isn't junk. ESPECIALLY if it brings someone closer to Christ.

The plan of salvation is very simplistic...so much so that children 'get it'.

It doesn't have to be deep to be effective. :blink:

Respectfully,

Mudfly

"If you want to be great in God's kingdom, then first learn to be a servant of all."