Guest skeezix

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Lana, total agreement on Rebecca St James. She is humble! She came here and did a concert and the next morning came to our church services. She has a very soft way about her.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

NO-Never have and never will--- One kind of music that I hate is metal-- sorry :rofl: if some of yallll might like it :il:

~Arthur

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  06/08/1971

no firing squad here...lol

im not the type to condemn anyone for their convictions, so dont worry about that! besides, i knew when i asked that question i would have a few less than enthusiastic replies.

as far as Jesus going to a Tourniquet concert, I think he would go anywhere where people were hearing the word of God. I know the members of Tourniquet, and i have to say that they have been on fire for the Lord for 13 years now. they have a good ministry, and want nothing more than to see young peeps saved. thats just one example though. im sure there are a few bands who do not practice what they preach, but thats between them and the Lord.

i just feel that God created ALL types of music. satan has no power to create, just distort.

And I think you are wrong. So what u are saying is that God created Rock and metal???? Buddy, Please understand what you are saying. Sinful people have made those stuff-please do not say God created. Now, God can take evil transform it and use it for His glory....

~Arthur

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Skeezix -

You might want to check out Todd Davidson ( http://www.todddavidson.com/ ). My church has him over for our youth group right now. I saw him last night. He evangelizes and ministers to the youth of Estonia (former Eastern Block communist country in Europe) through music. Fortunately, the Lord provided Him with a recording deal, so he has a CD out now. (I say the Lord provided becasue He gave his testimony, and the way it came about was definantly the Lord opening a door for him! I'll give a hint, some guys he knew some years ago just started up a record company, and they asked him if they could give him a contract!)

I don't know how his sound compares with the bands you mentioned, but I will say some of the guys were moshing, if that's an indication of his style! As per lyrics, you can tell they come from the heart.

Not a momentary feeling, sorry if I'm revealing

Too much and you hit the ceiling!

I'm not ordinary, I'm not secondary

The only thing inside of me, I can't deny

Hold your commentary, on the contrary

The one you criticize, He's alive

The Evidence Inside

Needless to say, his music is targeting youth who have never heard the Gospel before and know absolutely nothing of the Bible, so his lyrics reflect that somewhat.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested in checking him out.

Guest skeezix

God didnt make heavy metal??

oh, thats right, the only music God likes is bluegrass gospel, right??

C'mon people!! :wacko:

-------------------

and by the way yod, yep, i've heard of disciple, and they're great!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is one of those topics that reminds me of Paul talking about whether or not to eat meat sacrificed to the idols. In other words - does it become a stumbling block to you personally or not?

For me the answer is: I do not listen to it because it brings back thoughts from my (secular) heavy metal days. Therefore it becomes a stumbling block to me. Maybe it's not to others. I just know that when I listen to Christian metal it makes me want to listen to some of the old secular music I used to listen to and to think of my old secular lifestyle. When I put on the new man I took off the old (and that included his music :music: )

Guest Fabrice

Hi everyone

It's been a long time I didn't post in here ... here I am alive and well by God's love that never accusing

Yes, I do listen to christian metal.

Bands I'm into : Tourniquet (Telescopic ... is just excellent and WMARD is very good), Living Sacrifice (Conceived in Fire is a 5/5 !), Embodyment (only their album Embrace the Eternal, but actual [E] is okay), Demon Hunter (excellent), Zao, Extol, Disciple (very very good also), Mortification (on of the three best Christian band I think), P.O.D., Pillar, Kutless, Blindside, Project 86, Justifide, Thousand Foot Krutch and Bride. And also less known like Demoniciduth (Swiss band english/french - radically against Satan), Yeti, Death List, Death of Innocence, Gretchen. I like almost all bands produced by Solid State Records.

Actually I can't listen ONLY to these kinds of music because to tell the truth they make noize that echoes in my mind but I need calm sometimes. It gives me no rest.

In Yeshua's Love Always

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Hey, hey Fabrice!!! You came back, bro! I thought you disappeared!

I'm glad I didn't get into it on this topic...

Jesusson, I know you mean well...you're attempting to remain as loyal and zealous for the Lord as possible and that's admirable.

You're a fairly new believer..probably a couple or few years old. I can tell. It happens to most new believers during their first years...in their zeal, they shut off any and all things that remind them of their former years.

I understand that...I did that same. In fact, I discarded everything from art to movies to music in the beginning.

There comes a time, after you've been through many firely trials and afflictions when your faith becomes rock hard and solid and nothing can shake you...or the foundation your standing on...

You can eat with the sinners *(so to speak) and still not feel defiled in the slightest. It's almost like a special annointing overcomes you and despite being in the worst conditions, you remain pure...

As was said earlier, "to the pure, all things are pure"...and when you reach that point in your walk, heavy metal and even being around drunks and addicts won't even phase you...you'll walk through fire and not be burned; you'll move freely through the waters and not drown...nothing will touch you.

You'll see sin up close and personal but you remain unscathed.

That doesn't happen till you've been slowly conditioned to be in the trenches; after that..you're ready to go into the most horrendous of circumstances and not loose your footing. You can minister to gays, lesbians, wife beaters, thieves, drunks, addicts and the foulest of sinners and still remain untouched by the sin around you...

Paul says there's many parts of the Body...and some are to be covered with modest apparel but are also given special honor, unlike a hand or an arm.

Those private areas which are concealed.

Let me tell you, when you minister to prisoners, winos, junkies, prostitutes and all the rest, I can promise you...you're function in the Body is one that is given special honor because it's one that's not seen and rarely understood.

I have actually ministered to a "transexual"...(one who had been changed surgically from a male to a female) and that person accepted Christ Jesus with tears of repentence and a genuine, heartfelt cry for forgiveness....

Of course his sin is tragic, but all sin is...

We become all things to all men for the sake of the gospel....when in Rome we dress as Romans, when with the Jews, we become a Jew.

I do understand Jesusson, you come from a position I came from which was to remove yourself from any and all sinful activity. I'm an ultra conservative, *we had a bit of an argument when I was called a 'liberal'...fightin' words for me* But it's because you're not where you can understand that God has a need for people who can eat with the sinners and remain undefiled.

Jesus was accused of defiling himself because he ate with sinners...*He ate at Matthew the Tax Collector's house* and back then, if you eat with "those" people...you defile yourself.

Well, things haven't changed. If we become all things to all men for the gospel's sake, we become "defiled" in the eyes of some brothers...but praise God, we take our orders from HIM. He tells us, "Go!" and we go. He tells us to become all things to all men for the gospel's sake and we do.

Paul was heartily challenged for these things..but oh, well. You do what you must do ...to bring souls into the Kingdom. God knows what He's sent you on assignment to do..

If it means sitting in a Christian coffee house listening to DC Talk with a bunch of teens, no problem.. The point is, God knows how He's going to use you to reach these kids...and it probably won't be with Southern Gospel hymns...

But, just the same...I'm not gonna get in any further...it's a long enough post and Jesusson will probably insist again that I'm a liberal...Eeeks...