Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

as the Happy Goodmans going to a honky-tonk to play!

Excuse me, but are you trying to say there is something wrong with Honky Tonks?? Watch it! LOL :t2:

Yod, I didn't remember who posted it, and it wasn't meant to be rude to you. Just my opinion on what you said. :t2:

I was never offended in the least...but thanks for your regards.

I imagine that most christians would disagree with my point of view on that. Even I would disagree if I didn't really believe that this is POD's calling...

Pray for them. It's got to be a LOT of temptation

Guest alonenomore2

Hi all,

I'm real new on here,but I came with opinions.LOL.Here is one of them.

I came from a drug and alcohol and violent background.When I met Jesus,I was compelled to leave all that far behind.Including the music.I believe Christians are to be different than the world at large."Avoid the appearance of evil."God can use anything that He wants for good.So maybe there is a purpose for "Christian metal".I personally prefer some good worship music.

The bible also says to work out our own salvation,with fear and trembling.

God bless anyone trying to reach lost souls for Jesus.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Alone: Bless you brother for having such a pure and loving attitude! It's so easy to become judgemental but I only see the Holy Spirit beaming through your post!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

phew . . . after thousands of millions of seconds of reading this thread i am finally done! i guess thats what i get for not visiting the boards for months.

anywho . . .y'all have very very interesting thoughts and perspectives on this issue that i am struggling with. but i thank God for Christian (genuine ones only) rock. see . . . i am struggling to get out of secular rock and when i am tempted to listen to their hopeless garbage . . i can just listen to kutless or something and then i dont have to listen to secular rock. there are probably a lot like me but mostly i listen to music just for the fun of it. it usually doesn't add or take anything from me. i just listen to the beat and i prefer a beat that is accompanied by something that praises God so that i will not find myself singing along to something that praises any other. so yea . . . i am usually open to any kind of music that sounds good and has something to do with God. bored . . .? okay, i'll move on . . .

or will i?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

now this is pertaining to the person who said there are more people who believe in God out there than we realise . .well...here is a little thing to prove that not all that profess His name are of Him especially musicians who deceive people by just mentioning the name of God occasionally . . .

Britney Spears onced thanked Jesus in specific for an award that she got . . a couple of days ago the front pages were full of her performing a little lesbian act with madonna.

Guest Relient K

I love Christian Metal! why would someone think Christian Metal is wrong? some people worship in their own way, and heck it's better having people listening to Christian Metal than most other Metal out there.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skeezix

wow, i havent been here for awhile, and i was suprised to see all the responses to this lil' thread i started!

anyhow, i just want to say that we all have to work out our own salvation (to an extent). i may like things you dont like, and vice versa. theres no sense in putting a 'wedge' between any of us because of our likes/dislikes in music.

LETS ALL JUST PRAISE THE LORD AND HAVE SOME GOOD FELLOWSHIP!!

God bless all of ya!

-skeezix