Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Now I don't profess to be a prophet. Yet when I read Zechariah out loud I Prophesy.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Okay Doc, if you say so. But fish ain't bitin' today my brother, not in this pond anyway.

It's one thing to be a prophet, but it's another thing entirely to just read their words out loud. Even a devil worshipper could be a prophet by these standards.

Where are you guys getting this from???

Peace and blessing to you my friend!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

Ok Doc, if you say so.  But fish ain't bitin' today my brother, not in this pond anyway.

It's one thing to be a prophet, but it's another thing entirely to just read their words out loud.  Even a devil worshipper could be a prophet by these standards. 

Guess it's a bad day to fish because they ain't bitin' here either.

So, do you believe, rT, that the NT prophet should speak forth new revelation? And how does the NT prophet deal with the fact that 1 John 4:1 says the prophets shall be tested because many false ones have gone out into the world...isn't one of the tests to test the doctrine which is how it lines up with scripture? And if it's a new revelation, how do you check that new revelation against scripture?

Where are you guys getting this from????

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

In my opinion, this man was definitely not a prophet.

Ok Doc, if you say so.

In my opinion, this man was definitely not a prophet.

It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction upon us. He doesn't need a prophet to do that.

He has done it to me when I was alone, with no one around.

This is true...same with me.

In the Book of Hebrews it says that Jesus Christ is described as a prophet and our High Priest... the Lord is the One who speaks to my heart and brings me understanding.

RT, I once knew a brother who's life was characterized by incredible pain and suffering. He had the sweetest most gentle spirit I'd ever seen. He also seemed to have a remarkable gift to prophesy, though he never said he was a prophet. Whenever he said something would happen in the future in my life, it did.

These are things that were beyond my control or just absolutely impossible to "stage"...but they happened just the same.

I finally said, "Brother John" - you must be a prophet. He was so humble and contrite...he never did say, "Yes, I'm a prophet"...he just said he was a servant of the Lord and that's all...

I don't want to go too far into this except to say that God seems to speak through all kinds of people ...not just those who have an official title.

It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to bring conviction upon us.  He doesn't need a prophet to do that. 

He has done it to me when I was alone, with no one around.

This is true...same with me.

In the Book of Hebrews it says that Jesus Christ is described as a prophet and our High Priest... the Lord is the One who speaks to my heart and brings me understanding.

RT, I once knew a brother who's life was characterized by incredible pain and suffering. He had the sweetest most gentle spirit I'd ever seen. He also seemed to have a remarkable gift to prophesy, though he never said he was a prophet. Whenever he said something would happen in the future in my life, it did.

These are things that were beyond my control or just absolutely impossible to "stage"...but they happened just the same.

I finally said, "Brother John" - you must be a prophet. He was so humble and contrite...he never did say, "Yes, I'm a prophet"...he just said he was a servant of the Lord and that's all...

I don't want to go too far into this except to say that God seems to speak through all kinds of people ...not just those who have an official title.

Amen cats!!

Now we're back in agreement again.

Uht Oh!! What's next though? :t2::P

So, RT...so far, VOG is only paraphrasing scripture. He's not done anything my pastor hasn't done. Same thing...

He quotes scriptures and then paraphrases them and gives them some personal interpretation, which is fine...I'm okay with that...

But that's really no different than what the preacher does. He teaches ...he preaches, he takes the bible and elaborates...which is what I do when I teach the children, essentially...

I can't figure out what the "prophet" is doing that's one single bit different from what the preacher's doing, frankly.

I don't see new revelation at all...just the bible being "explained" as he understands it. And honestly, most of us interpret it differently.

There's no revelation of the future....

Now I have heard someone who I sense may be a prophet...Dr. David Wilkerson...Times Square Church and he has given real predictions of future events yet to come....

It does tend to get your attention...

So, RT...so far, VOG is only paraphrasing scripture. He's not done anything my pastor hasn't done. Same thing...

Is your Pastor claiming to be a prophet too?

There's a big difference between preparing and delivering a sermon, and being a chosen vessel that delivers a message from God.

Ask your Pastor if he is a prophet. Hopefully, he can give you a better understanding of it as well.

May your peace and blessings abound!!

No, our humble little ol' country preacher just calls himself a "dumb sheep" (but that's an inside joke in our church - i.e. has something to do with Psalm 23).

No, he has never claimed anything apart from being a servant...he's very humble.

As for me, he may deliver a sermon...but the Holy Spirit certainly speaks right through him when half the congregation is moved to tears....

I cannot see any difference between a person on this board who delivers scripture and adds his interpretation of the scripture and my pastor preaching on a topic and providing us his insight.

It sounds like the same thing...only one is called a "preacher" and one a "prophet"....

I had always considered a prophet as one who generally reveals future events...

So far, I've heard only scripture verses ...which I know and understand and see nothing unique or prophetic.

I have met someone who told me future events that couldn't just "happen" and they did as he said. He also, never claimed to be a prophet but every time he told me what would happen, it did - just as he said. That truly left me astonished.

I have not seen such a phenomenom here, (so far).

But no...our lil' ol' preacher wouldn't say such as thing. You've never met any man so humble and contrite...he's well into his seventies, with a heart of gold.

Just a personal note: I have noticed what seems to be a pattern. It appears or seems that the few people I've known to have a special gift for prophesy have endured tremendous suffering, oftentimes very brutal physical pain.

The dear sweet man who would tell me things before they happened suffered severe physcial pain - mindnumbing pain, for which no pain medication could bring relief. Despite his pleadings, God would not deliver him from this suffering. He endures it even now.

I also noticed how David Wilkerson who speaks prophetically has also suffered horribly. He just lost his young granddaughter to brain cancer in January; his daughter suffered from it and also his wife, but was medically healed somehow, (I don't recall).

It just seems that people who go through a great deal of pain are given a special annointing .... it seems this way. I'm not saying this is "doctrine" but that it "appears" (or "seems") to be a common thread among those I've known have this gift.