• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Good discussion on Adam.

What about another man in Scripture? A personal hero of mine has always been Joseph the earthly father of Christ.

The Bible does not say all that much about him. He was a carpenter and of the line of David. We assume that he died before Christ began his ministry. (Though this is not expressly stated either.) What I find so facinating about him was the task he was assigned. To raise the Messiah as his own child. Can you imagine? I'd be overwhelmed by such a task.

He could have chosen to run (He almost did until an angel appeared to him) but he chose to stay and take on this daunting task. Pretty awesome huh?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

OK. Lets do Joseph next,but not tonight anymore......be back hopefully soon!

Do you have information on Joseph?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Good pick!  The thought has occurred to me that here was a young man who was called to undertake a very abnormal responsibility!!  Perhaps he couldn't rightly be called normal, for there were all too few young men who lived in close fellowship with GOD as he did.  I cannot even fathom what it was like "raising" the CREATOR of the universe in an incarnate state.

One thing I think we can all take note of is how faithful and obedient he was.  At every stage of his remarkable story in Matthew's Gospel he was guided by messages from our FATHER, and once the heavenly guidance had been given he obeyed WITHOUT QUESTION or hesitation.  We don't have a lot of info on him, but we at least know he "taught" our LORD the occupational trade of carpetry, which would stick in association with our SAVIOUR during HIS adulthood ministry.  If you can understand why that is significant, you can know why GOD wants us to be in a constant state of humility when dealing with others.

I think he was the perfect fit as a companion for the girl who had the supreme honor of being the mother of the MESSIAH.

Joseph was the son of Jacob and Rachel.Jacob's best loved wife,his father showed him such obvious favoritism that his brothers resented him deeple. I think he was naive and didn't realize their jealousy.

When he had the dream that his parents and brothers would bow down to him,they hated him more.

While Joseph was still a teenager, his brothers sold him to merchants traveling to Egypt.

I Egypt,Joseph was sold to a high official named Potifar and he became soon Potifars most trusted agent and was put in charge of his estate.

Potifars wife falsely accuses him of attemting to rape her,and Potifar imprisoned him,soon he became the warden's agent and run the prison.

Joseph correctly interpreted 2 high officials dreams, one was going to be hanged and the other restored to his position.

Joseph remained faithful and committed to God in all things.

He also interpreted Potifars dream of the 7 years of abundence of crops and the 7 years of femine,Joseph advised Potifat to prepare for the famine by storing up for it.

Pharaoh was very impressed by him and made him second ruler of Egypt.

When the famine came ,Joseph's family came for food to him and Joseph tried them to see if they had changed.

And Joseph forgave them for what they did to him.

Joseph : An example for today.

He seeems to be one of the few characters who seems to have no flaw.

* He teaches us to seek excellence in whatever situation we may find  ourself .What we archieve in life's small things will train and equip us for the greater things.

*Joseph teaches us to live morally pure lifes. We too, live in a world filled with tempatations. Keeping ourself pure honours God and shows respect for others.

*Joseph teaches us to maintain a positive attitude when treated unfairly,he never gave in to despair.

*Joseph reminds us that it is divine to forgive,we must also be wise in our relationship with those who harmed us.

We always have to be willing to forgive.

* Joseph reminds us that fulfilling Gods purpose in our life is more significant then our experieces along the way.

Many great people of God have suffered for God's greater good.

We need to look beyond ourself beyond our wants and desires and take satisfaction in serving Him.

*Joseph reminds us of the wonder of forgiveness and healing power.

As God had forgiven us ,so are we to forgive others,freely and completely.

Joseph was only 30 years old when he became govener of Egypt and 17 years old when he was sold in slavery,he spend 11 years as an Egyptian slave and 2 years in prison.

Wow, his life was an easy road.

What did you find for information on Joseph? Please write down everything you know so we can learn from it!!

Can we learn something from Joseph?

Who does he remind you of?

I really like doing this, it keeps you reading :rofl:  :read:  :halo:  :)

Love, Angels ( sometimes we think we have it so bad.....)  :rofl:

Sis....I think we've crossed two different "Josephs".  The one Knight was referring to was the step-father of the MESSIAH.

The one you're referring to is Joseph the Patriarch, the son of Jacob!

He also interpreted Potifars dream of the 7 years of abundence of crops and the 7 years of femine,Joseph advised Potifat to prepare for the famine by storing up for it.

Pharaoh was very impressed by him and made him second ruler of Egypt.

When the famine came ,Joseph's family came for food to him and Joseph tried them to see if they had changed.

And Joseph forgave them for what they did to him.

I think you meant Pharoah' dream.... :thumb:

Hi Wisdom,

I was so suprised when you said there is not much information about Joseph.... :rofl:  :rofl:  :read:  :)

You are right Potifar and Pharaoh are not the same person,I didn't realize that.

Thanks for the correction, what do you have for infomation for the Joseph from the O.T.

We might as well do him first,don't you think?

No problem sis...incidently, I wasn't trying to be disrespectly concerning Pharoah in your post.  I honestly thought it was just a typo :rofl:  :rofl:

Yes, Joseph in the OT is a good place to continue.  Actually sis, you've already done a good job of providing general info on him.  

:thumb: