Guest Nicolae Carpathia

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hi. I have some questions for you believers. I am a Satanist. Now, before you hit that ban button, PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.

When I say that I am a Satanist, I do not mean that I believe in killing Christians, sacrificing living beings, and most of those stereotypes given to people like me. I strongly disagree with killing people over religion. I am not looking to fight with you people, nor am I looking to convert anyone (a tactic many of your fellow believers have tried on me.) I just have some questions I want answered to understand your better. Once again, I'll make it clear. I AM NOT TRYING TO START A FIGHT.

My first question is:

Why is your religion so discriminatory against homosexuals? Doesn't Jesus himself preach tolerance? And even if gays aren't allowed to get married in a church, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married in a courtroom? How does two guys or two women getting married affect you as a heterosexual? Also, it seems like way more straight couples get divorced than do gay couples.

My second question is:

Why do your people constantly persecute non-believers? I have to lie to people everywhere I go because people of your faith have some kind of vendetta against people of my religion. You assume we're all crazy, murderous psychopaths who kill Christians and sacrifice animals. I can't speak for the other people of my belief system, but I can tell you I have not done either of the two, nor do I intend to. I have actually been physically assaulted because I told someone I worshipped Lucifer. It is a prejudice I do not tolerate.

My final question is:

Why is it you hate Lucifer because he is supposedly evil, when God has killed more people? Think about this. God controls destiny, and the universe. Wouldn't that mean he also controls natural disasters? If that is the case, isn't he responsible for the deaths of all the innocent people by hurricanes, tsunamis, and such? I have yet to hear about Lucifer being responsible for a murder.

Also, I want to ask why you allow people such as Pat Robertson to speak on your behalf? As an outsider, it is making your religion look bad. I think a large group of you should send him letters telling him to stop speaking for you and making you look bad.

I AM NOT A TROLL LOOKING TO BELITTLE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS. I MERELY WANT ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS.

Thank you.

Though there have been several that have responded to these questions, I will also give my opinion.

1. You ask why our religion is descriminating against homosexuals? That is actually a misconception. We are not descriminating against people, but against sinful behavior. The Bible clearly states that sex between two men and two women is wrong, so we stand against it. It is no different than any other sinful behavior.

2. The reason I stand against homosexual marriage is because marriage in itself is something instituted by God. Since he set it up, his guidelines must be followed. He set up marriage to be between a man and a woman. The reason I oppose civil unions is because I don't want a governmental endorsement of this perverse behavior, anymore than I want them sactioning the union of a man and a dog, or a woman and a cat. I once read about one person that wanted to marry his television set, and a sports figure wanted to marry himself. The government shouldn't sanction such behavior.

3. I don't believe Christians persecute people for simply being non-believers. The reason I dislike satanists is not because I have a personal problem with individuals such as yourself, but I do have a problem with your master. Satan is the enemy of the God I serve, as well as the enemy of mankind. It is because of Satan that we have all of the evils that exist. It is the devil I hate, not his followers. By the way, I would never condone anyone assaulting you. We are called to be law abiding people, and such actions are wrong.

4. To claim God has killed more people than Satan is misleading. First of all, the only reason anyone dies is because the devil beguiled Eve into eating of the forbidden fruit. If Satan had not deceived her and she had not given to her husband, nobody would have ever died. We also would not be experiencing all of these disasters that are taking place if it had not been for sin entering into the world.

5. Concerning Pat Roberson, he like all Americans has a right to say anything he wishes. How do you suppose we are supposed to stop him? I wouldn't want to if I could. Also, many of the things he has supposedly said were taken out of context, and when put in their proper meaning I am in agreement with them. He never predicted a dissaster for Dover Pa. He simply said after they rejected God, they should expect no help from God if a dissaster hits. In that I agree. Concerning calling for the assascination of a foreign leader, he was speaking in light of world politics, not religion. I am undecided about such actions, but believe he has a right to his opinion. While I do not agree with him on all areas, I do support his right to free speech, and am not embarresed by having him as a representative of Christianity. I could ask you, why do you let Satanists sacrifice animals and do things that misrepresent what you stand for? The truth is, you couldn't stop them if you wanted to.

I hope I have answered your questions satisfactorilly. I do not speak for all Christians, only myself, just as Pat Roberson speaks only for himself.

While i Don't know who Pat Roberson is,( is he the One that goes to funerals of gay people that died because of aids :rolleyes: )

I agree with what butero posted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Artsylady,

Good to have you back!

Thank you Nik! Took a little break there.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

So you believe in God and satan and have chosen satan over God? Why?

Do you believe in what the Bible says about Satan? If not, where do you get your information about him?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

My first question is:

Why is your religion so discriminatory against homosexuals? Doesn't Jesus himself preach tolerance? And even if gays aren't allowed to get married in a church, why shouldn't they be allowed to get married in a courtroom? How does two guys or two women getting married affect you as a heterosexual? Also, it seems like way more straight couples get divorced than do gay couples.

It depends on what you mean be discriminatory. The Bible does not say that people who chose the homosexual lifestyle should have jobs withheld, or housng denied because of those choices. The Bible does say however that the choice to behave in a homosexual way falls short of God's standards. Because of this the choice cannot be condined by believers. That is not discrimination. It is disagreeing with a choice on the basis of convictions.

The Bible also defines a marriage as the union of a man and a woman. As citizens we are given the right to vote on such issues as laws that regulate marriage. People who support gay marriage are voting their conscious. Why shouldn;t Christians be free to do so?

My second question is:

Why do your people constantly persecute non-believers? I have to lie to people everywhere I go because people of your faith have some kind of vendetta against people of my religion. You assume we're all crazy, murderous psychopaths who kill Christians and sacrifice animals. I can't speak for the other people of my belief system, but I can tell you I have not done either of the two, nor do I intend to. I have actually been physically assaulted because I told someone I worshipped Lucifer. It is a prejudice I do not tolerate.

What do you mean by Persecute? Aren't you generalizing about Christians in the questions you are asking?

My final question is:

Why is it you hate Lucifer because he is supposedly evil, when God has killed more people? Think about this. God controls destiny, and the universe. Wouldn't that mean he also controls natural disasters? If that is the case, isn't he responsible for the deaths of all the innocent people by hurricanes, tsunamis, and such? I have yet to hear about Lucifer being responsible for a murder.

Also, I want to ask why you allow people such as Pat Robertson to speak on your behalf? As an outsider, it is making your religion look bad. I think a large group of you should send him letters telling him to stop speaking for you and making you look bad.

I AM NOT A TROLL LOOKING TO BELITTLE YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEFS. I MERELY WANT ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS.

Thank you.

We hate Lucifer because He opposes God. The hurricanes,tsunamis etc. are a direct result of Satan's rebellion and subsequent enticement of humankind to follow him. Jesus said this:

You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies.

John 8:44 NASB

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

EricH, if you were to read your bible, you would see that Lucifer was actually a reference to Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, not Satan. Are you saying that you hate Nebuchadnezzar? I also find your claim that hurricanes & tsunamis are a direct result of Satan's rebellion just plain ignorant. Just because man often suffers when he gets in the way of nature does not mean that he is being judged by a vengeful god somewhere up in the sky.

Oh, and please submit OT scripture referencing Satan's rebellion. You won't find any, but have fun looking.

This response is so loaded with logical fallacy that it is really not worth a response. If you decide you would like to discuss things on a civil basis let me know. But statements like "if you were to read your bible" and accusing one of having a position that is "igonorant" are really not arguments at all and are a fallacious way of hiding ones own weaknesses in an argument. If you decide you want to have a real discussion and present real evidence, let me know.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I coudn't contain myself any longer. Tubal, as EricH has stated your questions barely dignify a response. People with phsical disabilities such as you mentioned are not necessarily demon possed. I know many christians, who are completely paralized and chair-bound through either birth defects or accidents and would be most upset if you told them they are demon-possessed. Also there are probably as many atheists the same, so who possesses them, when they don't believe in either God or satan.

We are all here to answer questions TC,so listen and learn and stop trying to be such a wise guy.

eric. with a lower case e.

Guest linensash

I'm not generally good with apologetics, but I thought I'd respond with something personal. Christianity is about having a relationship with Jesus Christ. Like any relationship, knowing Jesus requires time spent with Him; time in His word (the bible), in prayer, in church, etc. When the relationship grows, knowledge and understanding grow as well. This understanding reveals the answers to your questions. If you seek Him and His truth, He'll lead you where you need to go. I urge you to begin by praying about it. I don't believe that any answer that man can give you will be good enough.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

If you are a satanist, surely you must ask yourself who created him, and if you come up with the right answer, ask yourself why is he so afraid of his own creator.

If you are a satanist then you believe in chaos and destruction.

If you are a satanist who I believe is the father of lies then you ARE my enemy, yet I will not cast the first stone against you.

I WILL pray that you turn from satan and accept Jesus as your Saviour, but I will not force you.

Remember that even satan knows that Jesus Christ IS coming to judge this world - which side would you rather be on? Perfection or imperfection! :)

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Isaiah 14:12-15 speaks to satan's rebellion.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

nebucahadnezzar was already on earth- the Bible passage is talking about this "being" being cast down to earth big difference there. :thumbsup: