• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The Watchtower Society promotes an exclusive form of Sabellianism. Nothin' new under the sun. :thumbsup:

:wub: What does that mean in layman terms? :thumbsup:

Mrs. SE

Sabellius refined the modalistic school of thought, which was originated by two men in the second century: Praxeas and Noetus. Praxeas taught that God the Father manifested Himself as the man, Jesus, who experienced hunger, thirst, temptation, etc., and then died on the cross. Noetus essentially taught and promoted the same thing: God's essential substance and nature is one; and God's manifestations are modes of the one God.

Sabellius refined this error by stating that God's manifestations are circumstantial and dependent upon how He acts within His economy. So God is the Father in eternity, the Lawgiver and Creator; as the Son He is the incarnated Redeemer; and as the Spirit He is the Comforter and Inspirer of the apostles. In each of these modes, Sabellius taught there was a definite beginning and a definite end. When God incarnated as the Son He ceased being the Father. When He died and resurrected He ceased being the Son. And as the Spirit God continues on in the spirits of men.

It gets a bit more complicated and confusing, but basically Sabellius taught against Trinitarian doctrine and asserted that God reveals Himself in successive and consecutive modes depending on the circumstance.

Now here's where I need to backpedal: I was wrong to write that the Watchtower holds to a form of Sabellianism. I should have written that they hold to an exclusive form of Arianism, which is a kind of Tritheism. I've been debating the Trinity in the Soapbox forum and I got my terms confused. The Watchtower Society holds to a form of Arianism, which pushes the distinctions of the Persons of the Godhead to such an extreme that each is a separate god.

Sorry about that....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

What others have said is correct. The Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians.

They came to my house once and knocked knocked knocked...i really did not know that they wer johovah witnesses...They then told me many of the young people nowadays do not have a full grasp of what the bible teaches.As i was a baby Christ and really wanted to know about God more...I invited them into the house...BIG MISTAKE...I told them i was from City Harvest Church ...they started refuting the teachings and bible study notes that my church made...moreover..they started talking about the Father in heaven 99% of the time and becasuse i asked them sometimes...they would use 1% of the time to refuse the deity of Christ..They came over and over again....thinking enough was enough i sent my grandmother who was a stonge Christian to chase them away..They started sending JW materials too....!!

Sadly, i know they are in a cult...but arent they just like the unbelievers in the world!...They need a savior too....

Natioanl Service is a must in our Country , Jehovah Witnesses are banned by Singapore Law.....But still a small group of them protest to learn to carry weapons in order to defend our country.

They believe that they are the 144 000(pls notify me if this number i wrong) that God speaks about in Revelation.You see, when Satan tempted Jesus he used Bible Verses!...Indeed Satan uses it too to pull people away from God!..Remeber He was first an Archangel named Lucifer...Which very well meant that he was a Top Bible School Scholar!

Many problems arise from the misinterpretation of the bible. E.g. > Antinomianism , Lawlessness , Jehovah Witnesses , Universalism , Crazy Grace (A believe that you can sin freely after being saved to obtain more grace from God!!)

Be Watchful my Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

Your Brother in Christ

-------------------------

AlanRaj

Singapore

Edited by alanraj

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

see http://www.freeminds.org

Randy Watters is a Christian and this is his web site.

He and I were raised by Jw (watchtower parents)

His site is the largest and more informative if you would like help watchtower people to know the True Christ our Saviour.

to the comment that .'that is how easliy they (jws) lie... no way. I was raised never to lie by Jw parents.

That individual you deal with -was a lier is all.

The problem lies in the TRUE LIE that is against the Godship of JEsus HImselfand our saviour.

It is the Man of False religion must be rebuked in prayesr ( ie;satan) and cover people in the blood of our saving Christ and teach them. help them, bashing them at the door or harassing them never heled me as a youth that had to go door to door!

ITwas hearing of JESUS that mattered!

I have to say how much I wish people would quit having their jokes at the Jws expense instead of tellingthem of the Saviour they need,too!

I can only hope that the interest in bashing them is also a somehow interest in SAVING them! Talk to them at your door and prepare to help them to know who Christ is byt the Bible, and by all means no letting children or babies in Christ be under their influence, this is a spiritual war and we don't send babies into war!

They used to come to my house, until one time I left them, and got into Bible Basics with them. Took 2 hours, we discussed everything from, Genesis to Revelation, they haven't come back no more! My Mother in Law converted to them, she's stay her every once in awhile, and I got in conversations with her about Jehovah Witnesses, it took me a couple of months to get her out, she no longer goes to their meetings. I have nothing against them as people, but when it comes to The Word of God, they have to prove it by The Word or I'm not listening!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

The Watchtower Society promotes an exclusive form of Sabellianism. Nothin' new under the sun. :thumbsup:

You mean Arianism. Sabellianism is oneness/modalism/Jesus only, a different heresy (United Pentecostal Church).

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Some of you here will know that I have a brother in prison. He will be there for the next 7.5 years and in a phone call to me tonight he spoke about him still being a JW. I searched Worthy for the evidence I needed to effectively pray against that bondage in his life, and thus I was led to this thread :blink: I would like to thank all who have contributed to my increasing knowledge and discust of the evil within their false teachings.

Your Sister in Christ

Faithie :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

What others have said is correct. The Jehovah Witnesses are not Christians.

Hmmm. The two JWs that visit us once in a while seem more Christian that most people. Sure, we don't agree with some of their teachings, but in general they teach about the bible and are useful resources. In the past few years of collecting their magazines, there have been only a few cases where we disagreed.

Maybe they are a cult, but we've never been pressured in the slightest way. Do they do more good than harm? That's a more serious question to ask of many churches that call themselves Christian. Some of the poeple here have had bad experiences with JWs and other churches.

Bryan, if you can't find anything in the Bible to disagree with them over, you are not studying your Bible deeply enough. this is not said as a criticism, but rather as a note of caution. i have studied the jw's and their literature as well as books by former jw's, they are not christian, not even close.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

from what i remember from my studies and research, the jw's believe that God returned to earth in the early 1900's, and he rules through the watchtower society, the society was a group of 5 men that wrote the nwt and directed the teachings for years, only one of them had any college at all, that was 1 year in a college in cinncinati, ohio, it was not a seminary or theological college. (i apololgize this is off the top of my head, i would have to pull out my notes if anyone wants exact dates and names, i am trying to give an overview of this group) the jw's are not allowed to read anything not written and/or approved by the watchtower society, they are not allowed to have any friends outside of the cult. they are not allowed to associate with any family members not involved in the cult. they are required to buy their literature out of their own pockets and are required to spend a large number of hours each week going door to door. they are told which temple to attend. the members of the temples, including their own families inform on each other constantly, whether a member is reading the wrong literature, if the have friends outside of the cult, if they express any independent thought, questioning the doctrines of the cult. if a family member or friend leaves the cult, even a son or daughter, father, or mother, the member is not allowed to even look at them or communicate with them in any form. to them Jesus is a God, a lesser God, but not the son of God. this type of insanity is typical of cults in general, and goes on and on as it relates to this one. there are books in the library, under cults, written by former jw's, a good source of information.

my wife accepted a couple of the small magazines they hand out, the watchtower and some other one, from a co-worker, with a Bible in one hand and their magazines in the other, i easily showed her the heresy and error and lies in their teachings. the lady that had given them to my wife next wanted to come over and bring a friend. we agreed, forwarning them that we would be utilizing equal time in presenting the Gospel, according to the Bible, and i had arranged for the leader of my Bible study group to also be there. he is also very knowledgeable in apologetics. what a surprise when they declined to come over for a mutual study session. they did not want their teachings examined in the light of God's true word. yet it did not seem to occur to my wife's co-worker to ask why not. they are not allowed to question, and they are so heavily indoctrinated they live in fear. hey, i wonder do the athiest's challenge them to or just us?

this is just scratching the surface of this group. the preceeding posts on this thread all gave good insights into the jw's also.

God Bless you, but know this group preys on people in an emotionally damaged condition and on those that are not well read in the Bible. they can twist the scripture up, or better described as mangle the scriptures to the point as to confuse a new christian or someone who has not spent enough time in studying the word.

Edited by dakota190

Guest Sunshine & Smiles

Course I'm compelled to put in MY two cents worth here, since I've been there, done that entire EXPERIENCE.

While the JW organization and I refuse to label them a CULT!! While they infact were started by MEN, let me just throw out this revelation "ALL RELIGION AS STARTED BY MANKIND".

I think too much focus on 'who are cults, who aren't', is just MEAN.

I first grew up in a Baptist environment, till my Dad became a JW., Because I lived under his roof, I had to forsake my own church and study his religion. Luckily for me I already had a foundation scripture based. I was not harmed, however, by learning what it is they taught. I found that while they taught an entirely different administration, they offered for others stability, a loving environment, and they are the most dedicated individuals out there to Spreading Their NEWS. Even if for some of us, that news, is less than TRUTH. I dare any Christian in a Trinitarian Organization to go out to the masses on a daily basis and spread even what They teach. You just don't see it. SO, from an organizational standpoint, they offer a great many things people are searching for today. Acceptance, Love, and a place to fellowship.

I learned just about everything they could teach me, but I didn't buy into a great much of it. For instance, They believe Jesus is also Michael the Archangel, i just didn't see them proving that scripturally to me. When I was old enough to leave home, I did, and I chose them NOT. I learned a bunch of wonderful things, and I met families that have it more together than a great many 'religous homes' out there today.

Judge them if you want, but WALK AMONG them first before you Judge them too harshly.

That's with any religious organizaiton, tho, its NOT for every one of us. They weren't for me.

My father dedicated a great part of his life, he was a miserable man, full of fear, he judged and condemned all his family members to the pits of hell because we chose NOT to believe in his religion.

Then, one day, my father became ill, was put in a VA Hospital then a VA Nursing home. Formost my father's medical benefits afforded him a place to go, when the JW wife of his no longer welcomed him there. One day, out of the blue, and (I spent 12 yrs w/out my dad's love or respect), he called me, and begged me to bring my mother to see him, that he was not long for this world.

I put aside my bitterness for having been rejected by him, took my mother to Watonga OK, there we met with my Dad for what was the last visit ever.

He apologized to my mother (For the divorce, for telling his JW elders she was a lesbian so they could be divorced, and for trying to FORCE FEED her those things, and physically abusing her when she rejected his religion.) He cried, there was real remorse., My mother accepted his apology. It was that visit where I realized my father, while the Drs said he was loosing his mind, for me he was really becoming SAIN again. He told me, when he died, to respect him. Months later and on Halloween (a pagan holiday to which as a JW my father loathed), my father 'suffered a heart attack', and died. His wife, told the Funeral Director to burn the US Flag with my father in the crematory. Then to dispose of the body however they want. The director first called my sister, then my brother who was at my father's house visiting the JW wife and trying to claim possessions, Both siblings told the Director to do with him as they wanted. The sister called to tell me this, and where my father was being held. I quickly called the Funeral home, directed them NOT to burn the flag (they assured me they would never do that, they were patriotic), they send my father's ashes and the flag to me, and because my father spent MOST of his life serving in three world Wars, I knew what he meant in that last visit we had. Respect him. He knew out of all his children I would be the only one who would provide for him a proper burial. He is now laid to rest with honors at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Tx. He may have spent a great deal of unhappy times as a JW, but he was laid to rest with respect for having served his country. One thing I never did to my father, was JUDGE HIM, or CONDEMN his religion. I did spent time in prayer, and going over scripture (but his mind was always closed.) I just gave it to God. I believe somewhere at the VA hospital, my father found his way back to God before he passed.

If there are any believers among us who believe in Dreams, I've had several now where my father comes to me, we sit at a table, and he tells me, (Daughter, I'm glad you did not choose the JW religion, for they have it Wrong., Christ did NOT come back in 1914).

There are many religions out there, how will we KNOW for sure which one is preaching the ALL TRUTH?

Sadly I believe there exist NOT ONE WAY -- Not one religion out there that wasn't started by a human, therefore containing human error and translation issues. I feel in my heart we all have to 'work out our own salvation', stop judging others, for we waste time, precious time. We need to be Motivated by God's Unconditional Love rather than bitterness, fear, and stressing out over 'who has the Truth'.

I believe that Truth is NOT COMPLICATED, its right there in front of our faces, all other things are ISSUES, that make no nevermind in the grand scheme of Everlasting Life.

For me, I chose my beliefs, the God I worship based on this.....

I have everything to Gain by believing in a Risen Savior, (should it turn out all to be a myth), but I have everything to LOOSE, if I worship a god that does not offer Life Eternal, and Love Unconditional.

I believe people can have that, Everlasting Life and Love, its available by our Personal Belief in God, not by what we are spoon fed in a religious dogma. Confession is made unto righteousness, we believe in our hearts, and not our heads. If we believe and we act out that 'action verb' -- and we offer this unconditonal love, and the simple message of truth, that our God is available to anyone who believes in him, and that God is no respector of persons, that there-in itself lies the Key to Truth.

Truth is not complex. Don't need circular reasoning, don't need some grand leader telling you what you need to think and feel or who you need to confess to. We don't need others to tell us WHERE TO SERVE GOD.

Serve God wherever the fellowship is pleasing, where you are offered a biblical education to learn how to intrepret the bible on your own free will, with God's spirit guiding you!! If that is in a Mormon congregation, fine. JWs, fine.

These people who point 'CULT' are offering their own kind of MIND CONTROL. I certainly do not advocate satan worship, and most of these organizations being labled CULT, they don't worship SATAN, I've found the reason people call them cults is largely because they dissagree with Trinitarianism. Honestly trinity is not a word in the bible, really. Its just a smoke screen and a stumbling block for DOGMATIC narrowminded thinking. Theology is in the way of Living God's Love, then throw it out the window.

Love thy neighbor (not sexually, but spiritually.) There are many forms of love, the best of which is GOD's. One of God's biblical names (God is just a title) Jehovah happens to be one of God's redemptive names. So what if we use it. YHWH, is another. Eloheem (sp) another, the list goes on... They are all beautiful names., but its not pleasant to hear someone Curse anyone's name. Especially God's.

I wish we would walk humbly with God, and be at peace with our own individuality. God is no respector of persons, I think we are to be more like him?

My thoughts.

Sunshine

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

The Jehovah's Witness organization is a total mind control group with a another Christ, another spirit and another gospel.

True religion is defined by the bible. I am not interested in any religion but in the doctrines of Christ and to be a member of the Church He built.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

The church that Christ built is an organism not an organization.

There is one church and many churches.

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The confession that Peter made that Jesus is the Christ and the Son of the Living God was the truth Christ built His church on.

Matthew 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Some churches are apostate and do not have Christ as their head. All churches get rebuked. Read the epistles to the churches and the first three chapters of Revelation and you will see what I mean.

Bottom line... the JW organization is a fasle prophet and not Christian.