• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

Tess...I run my own site and during the start up of that site I had such a shock when I discovered how many hypocrites there are posing as christians...all holier than thou on the boards ...yet in pms a differant matter, I nearly completly abandoned Christ as well as christianity...I chatted to someone who had been in this position and they said 2 things which I hope and pray will help you now

1) Never base your faith on how others behave

2)At ALL times make your center point focus on Christ alone,rather than the issues that are surrounding you,that way you'll be able to deal with the issues surrounding you.

other than that...

heres some (((((HUGS)))))))

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Tess, I can relate, I really can!!! :thumbsup:

First off, (and no reason to hide the truth) I am married to a woman who claims to be a Christian but seems to take pleasure in doing anything she can to make me miserable.

Second of all, I left a church about a year ago that was plagued with non-Christian behavior. The pastor started out as a great guy and was preaching the Word right down the line like he should. All of a sudden something happened and we as a church were told by someone whom the pastor had started letting have some authority that we were not to question the pastor! :thumbsup: Yeah, really! I had always been a vital part of the music ministry there playing the guitar and singing. Seeing as how I played acoustic guitar, the pastor offered me a microphone quite a few times for my guitar. I took it as a given that there was no problem with this. Then all of a sudden the music changed and if you were traditionally oriented, you were put out of the picture. I got a mike for my guitar as normal, but found myself cut off! I assumed there was a mistake and never said a word until it happened again. I asked the lady in charge of the music system what was going on and I was told that "pastor wanted it turned off." There were a lot of other things that happened as well that I won't go into, but remember this-God is in control!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I appreciate the support and encouragement. I'm sort of surprised that some of you seem to understand where I'm coming from, and yet saddened that it's such a common theme through so many of our lives. I still don't really know how to deal though. Is the primary advice for me to just avoid church then? Avoid believers? What does that say about the faith we claim? Where is the hope and joy in that? I should just go live on an island by myself? I just don't want to be vulnerable anymore, I don't want to care. When you care, you open yourself up to being hurt. And people wonder why I have this "tough" exterior. The truth is, it's because underneath I do have a tender heart. I don't show it very easily because I'm tired of having it ripped to shreds. I'm just weary of it all...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Tess, I think your looking at the wrong thing. You will never find a perfect church and people will always let you down. God's word does tell us to stay in fellowship with one another however. Maybe instead of a church you can find yourself a good solid Bible study. Please stay here with us, we do love you.

I appreciate the support and encouragement. I'm sort of surprised that some of you seem to understand where I'm coming from, and yet saddened that it's such a common theme through so many of our lives. I still don't really know how to deal though. Is the primary advice for me to just avoid church then? Avoid believers? What does that say about the faith we claim? Where is the hope and joy in that? I should just go live on an island by myself? I just don't want to be vulnerable anymore, I don't want to care. When you care, you open yourself up to being hurt. And people wonder why I have this "tough" exterior. The truth is, it's because underneath I do have a tender heart. I don't show it very easily because I'm tired of having it ripped to shreds. I'm just weary of it all...

Tess,

Yeah, it can be a bad situation, can't it. Before you go get rid of church, I thought I'd post this writing from George that was done in the Study Forum: And in the meantime, another one of these- :thumbsup:

Yesterday I did a devotional that I believe applies to every fellowship -- whether it is a church, a fellowship, online Christian forums, or Christian chat rooms!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

Look up!

Jeremiah 17:5,7 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

We have heard numerous people tell us stories about people or pastors in their churches who

Edited by Ronald

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

And for those of us who cant read the pale color Ron posted:

Yesterday I did a devotional that I believe applies to every fellowship -- whether it is a church, a fellowship, online Christian forums, or Christian chat rooms!

George

Look up!

Jeremiah 17:5,7 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

We have heard numerous people tell us stories about people or pastors in their churches who

And for those of us who cant read the pale color Ron posted:

George

Look up!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Tess, As you grow in the Lord and in maturity, you will begin to get a feel where to cast your pearls and where not to cast your pearls.

You don't always have to put yourself in the position to be ripped to shreads, although theres plenty of people who are ready and willing to oblige.

You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em....lol :thumbsup:

Tess, As you grow in the Lord and in maturity, you will begin to get a feel where to cast your pearls and where not to cast your pearls.

You don't always have to put yourself in the position to be ripped to shreads, although theres plenty of people who are ready and willing to oblige.

You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em....lol :thumbsup:

Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money as you're sittin' at the table; there'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done! :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

You gotta know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em....lol :b:

Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money as you're sittin' at the table; there'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done! :b:

LoL, yes, very true.