• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings~

I was just wondering what are your thoughts on the Christian author Pastor Tim LaHaye? :whistling:

Besides writing The Lest Behind series, he has written, The Regime, and The Europa Conspiracy.

I read The Regime and The Europa Conspiracy. I found both of them very interesting.

Snow4JC

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

hi Snow4JC,

I don't know tons about him. But, what I do know, I like.

He is one of my sons best friends favorite author. He read all the left behind series and can't get enough.

I know he has touched alot of lives.

I am yet to read his books. But, I do plan to read them.

Hope to see you in chat somtime,

God bless,

elkie

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

About all I can say is LeHaye exploited the Bible and turned very, very bad theology into millions of dollars. How someone like this can be so well loved and adored is way beyond me. But then again we live in the age of Prayer of Jabez, Benny Hinn and TD Jakes where Christians love to be fleeced by every new fad that comes down the road.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

About all I can say is LeHaye exploited the Bible and turned very, very bad theology into millions of dollars. How someone like this can be so well loved and adored is way beyond me. But then again we live in the age of Prayer of Jabez, Benny Hinn and TD Jakes where Christians love to be fleeced by every new fad that comes down the road.

St. Worm, I seem to see that you are quite critical of most things.......

I agree that he has made millons of dollars, but how different is it to any other allegory?

(Ok, it's no allegory, but you know what I mean.)

"St. Worm, I seem to see that you are quite critical of most things......."

It is not the making of millions of dollars but the exploitation of God's Word and extremely bad doctrine that makes me critical of LeHaye and others.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

I have to agree with the Worm.

Phil 3:19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

2 Tim 4:4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I have to agree with the Worm.

Phil 3:19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

2 Tim 4:4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Wow, strong words worm. The man wrote a series of books about his belief in the pre-tribulation belief of Jesus's return. How is that wrong? Because he made money on it? Being an author is a legitimate way to make money. Thousands of people do it every year. The fact that they were on the Best Sellers lists were because other people bought them and enjoyed them. That's not his fault. You don't know anything about the man personally and yet you attack him and make him out to be virtually evil. I don't get it. Psychologists would say that your post stems from jealousy and/or pride. Tim LaHaye can't be well loved and adored, but the rest of us can be? Why is that? Wouldn't it simply have been enough to say that you don't agree with his theology? You talk about fads but the new one that goes so overlooked by many Christians is the propensity for one Christian to verbally attack another. That's not scriptural either, but I don't see your concern for that.

gypc,

I can understand why you posted the 2 Tim 4:4 verse if you don't agree with LaHaye's theology. But don't you think Phil 3:19 is stretching it? You aren't taking the verse in context at all. Are you calling him an "enemy of the cross" as verse 18 (which flows into verse 19) says? What is your basis for that?! Verses 17-19 are talking about those who offer cheap alternatives to knowing Christ that are his enemies. This hardly describes LaHaye, does it?

QUOTE:

Wow, strong words worm. The man wrote a series of books about his belief in the pre-tribulation belief of Jesus's return. How is that wrong? Because he made money on it? Being an author is a legitimate way to make money. Thousands of people do it every year. The fact that they were on the Best Sellers lists were because other people bought them and enjoyed them. That's not his fault. You don't know anything about the man personally and yet you attack him and make him out to be virtually evil. I don't get it. Psychologists would say that your post stems from jealousy and/or pride. Tim LaHaye can't be well loved and adored, but the rest of us can be? Why is that? Wouldn't it simply have been enough to say that you don't agree with his theology? You talk about fads but the new one that goes so overlooked by many Christians is the propensity for one Christian to verbally attack another. That's not scriptural either, but I don't see your concern for that.

Strong words indeed. I have strong words for anyone who prostitutes God's Word with cheesy books and then attempts to justify it by claiming he is "reaching millions for Christ".

I have no jealousy for what LeHaye does nor is my critique based on pride. On the other hand LeHaye markets his bad theology with the same zealotry of the money changers at the Temple. Further his books and related movies have lined the pockets of the heretics on TBN with even more loot than they normally bring in from the gullible and naive. LeHaye exploits the Bible and then he is exploited by the snake oil salesmen that run TBN.

I am not attacking LeHaye in a personal way. I believe I have an obligation to speak up where I can against a false teacher and I think that is what LeHaye is.

Sorry if you can't understand that.

angry sw

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Question time :blink:

How many here know this man? :taped:

How many here know his intentions? ;)

How many heard him say that making this book was just for money? :24:

If you can say Yes to one of these Answers go ahead and judge him! :thumbsup:

How many here don't like the Pre-trib so to take it out on him? :24:

What about any other Christian author making millions of books, Like Josh Mcdowell &CS Lewis They made Millions especially CS Lewis?

Please do answer these questions? :crazy: especially this one! why do not like Tim?(Please make them Legit!!! :24:

Here is a Question for St. Worm, You say "On the other hand LeHaye markets his bad theology" What is to say your theology is good?

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Actually, Jerry Jenkins wrote most of the Left Behind series of books. LaHaye supplied the outlines and got most of the credit. Lots of sour grapes on this thread. Interesting.