IGNORED

Jehovah Witness = Oneness(Monotheism) Doctrine ?

Ready2BFree

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/2003

I am amazed as I read through the different threads on the subject of the Trinity and Oneness at how many times people with a Oneness(Monotheism) view are labled and/or accused of being Jehovah Witness's. There are other denominations which embrace Oneness. One of which is the United Pentecostal Denomination. They also baptize in the Name of Jesus only and do not use the formula most Trinitarian denominations use; "Father, Son & Holy Ghost". And...............no..................they are not cultic. It grieves me that fellow Believers with different views assume if someone's view is other than a Trinitarian then they must be part of a cult. There by discrediting thier beliefs as false and "out-there" or just plain wierd. No matter how we view God as One or Three we are all of the same BODY if we are "Born of HIM". After all never have I read in the scriptures that we MUST see God as One or Three to be Born of Chirst. Let me end with this one question. With these limited brains we have, who really knows all there is to know about the Godhead. When all is done and we finally arrive before our Lord I think we will find that no one really understood all there was about Him. At last we will have the whole mind of Chirst which we only have in part now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Jesus was a pot smoking hippie, wasn't God, and didn't really die, He just passed out....but I still believe in Him.....

SO am I still a part of the body. Absolutely not! So why is it someone who denies the nature of Jesus is a part of the body?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

JWs deny the Deity of Christ. This is why they are a cult. They also say that Jesus is 'a god' which makes them polytheists (though they do not see it that way...there is only one true God, not many true gods).

Modalism/oneness/Jesus only/Sabellianism is heretical, but they do not deny the Deity of Christ. It is possible to be a Christian modalist, but not a Christian JW.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I am amazed as I read through the different threads on the subject of the Trinity and Oneness at how many times people with a Oneness(Monotheism) view are labled and/or accused of being Jehovah Witness's. There are other denominations which embrace Oneness. One of which is the United Pentecostal Denomination. They also baptize in the Name of Jesus only and do not use the formula most Trinitarian denominations use; "Father, Son & Holy Ghost". And...............no..................they are not cultic. It grieves me that fellow Believers with different views assume if someone's view is other than a Trinitarian then they must be part of a cult. There by discrediting thier beliefs as false and "out-there" or just plain wierd. No matter how we view God as One or Three we are all of the same BODY if we are "Born of HIM". After all never have I read in the scriptures that we MUST see God as One or Three to be Born of Chirst. Let me end with this one question. With these limited brains we have, who really knows all there is to know about the Godhead. When all is done and we finally arrive before our Lord I think we will find that no one really understood all there was about Him. At last we will have the whole mind of Chirst which we only have in part now.

( John 3:3 ) Jesus declared," I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is Born Again. There are many faiths out there that claim to be of God but are they? My Grandmother has gone to a certain denomination all her life. I mentioned John 3:3 to her and she is so confused. I love my grandmother and desperatly want her to be in Heaven in the future but I have my doubts that she is a Christian born of the Spirit. My neighbor goes to a church with his wife. He said that some of the people laugh at Born Again Christians. My father claims to be a Christian but I don't see the Holy Spirit working in his life. I mentioned John 3:3 to him and he said that in his church, he believes that when he was baptised he was Born Again.

( John 3:5-8 ) Jesus answered," I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. (The water here doesn't mean baptism but a natural birth) Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying," You must be Born Again."The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you can not tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

I just feel that a person or denomination is of God if they put their faith in Jesus and believe that the Holy Bible is the word of God. If they rely on the teachings of men then they are not of God. Christians must rely on the Holy Spirit and the Bible if they want to please God. We can not please God on our own we must be Born of the Spirit and live by following Him. :emot-heartbeat:

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

Jesus was a pot smoking hippie, wasn't God, and didn't really die, He just passed out....but I still believe in Him.....

SO am I still a part of the body. Absolutely not! So why is it someone who denies the nature of Jesus is a part of the body?

Apothanein Kerdos, you scared me for a minute. I started to read your post, and the first thing I thought was "this dosen't sound like her" from what I have read in your post. :emot-heartbeat: I should have known that you where trying to make a point. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Apothanein Kerdos = man.

Him, not her.

Sorry. :emot-heartbeat: I wish everyone had names that made it more clear about there gender. It would make it easier for people like me. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Sorry. :emot-pray: I wish everyone had names that made it more clear about there gender. It would make it easier for people like me. :emot-heartbeat:

OK, just so you know....

I'm a girl. :emot-heartbeat:

:th_praying:

This was so much easier when I was a kid in Sunday School. :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I am the exJehovahs Witness here and am a BornAgain Christian. What is it that I needed to know about Jesus to make HIm both LORD and Saviour that the Jws don't teach, that also the Oneness don't teach? How can we get tired of the truth?! It is the faith the apostles and early CHristians contended for and all since! JESUS IS LORD> People NEED to know this!

I am not saying that Oneness is exactly like Jws in every way and I did not say it meaning that in EVERY way they are the same. The similarity is the fact the aside from traditional CHristian teaching they are teaching a different doctrine that is founded on man, not GOD in CHRIST!

There is alot, TONSSS that makes the JWs cult. When I said it is exactly that, I was referring to the mentality of not looking to see what the truth the scriptures present, ot not distinguish Christian teaching adn mans teachings and to not see Christ for WHO HE is. NOT that they are the same in every way.

The totaltarian society of JWs is a hostile and abusive cult that destroys peoples lives in many, many ways.

The fact they set themselves up in a godlike position over their members, use mind controlling tecniques, in double speak, secret meanings to words and phrases, hidden images intheir literature, repeated phrases and wordsand deleteed words of the Bible, fear of family loss , no communication involved, and then the founders heresy that JESUS is not God . But, a god(like being) and to forbid to speak to Him, are many but only a few of the problems they have.

But, the Oneness is also in the catagory, and that is why you see it posted together, because they also are going against traditional Christianity as brought forth by the Apostles and JEsus HImself.

IF that makes you angry, imagine how people who are lied to about Who JEsus is feel when they find out others don't care enough to tell them the truth! or rock their boats for them!!

Because we are called to tell the Truth of the LORD JESUS to all the world and not to pad it down and be soft and fuzzy or we could forget the gospel entirely and have "a go feel good no wave making" gospel!

BE Holy Spirit filled and never tire of the Truth and the fight it brings; because JESUS IS LORD And all the world needs to know!(Including pseudo Christianity where ever it is not CHRISTianity! What good is churchiananity?!!

IF people had not cared enough to make waves, would I have known why it is so important to know JEUSS IS LORD?

If I love my own comfort zone more than I love JESUS and my friends to tell them of JESUS IS LORD.............

Praise GOD for those who rock the boats for the ROCK OF AGES!

JESUS IS LORD

elkie