IGNORED

Challenge to all Christians

Guest Jim Sprouse

Guest Jim Sprouse

This is sort of a short testimony of mine that I'd like to share.

I was working as a security officer in Phoenix, AZ & my supervisor met me at a gas station to fill up my tank. I had a sign in the back window of my car that loudly proclaimed JESUS SAVES!

He looked at the sign in the window then he turned and asked me, "Jesus Saves, do you really believe that?" I said, "Yup sure do." Then he asked "Why."

I stopped. My tongue got tied up in knots and there was an awkward silence for a long moment. Finally he laughed and said, "It's ok i'm a christian to, I was just testing ya."

I didn't know what to say when he asked me. I later read in 1 Peter that we should always have a reason for the hope that we have and that we should be able to tell others with gentleness and not be rude about it. (This is not word for word - 1 Peter 3:15)

My challenge to you is to always be able to give a reason for the hope that we have found in Christ so that God may use you to tell others about Him in a credible way.

In Christ,

Jim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

That's good!

"And every man that has this hope in Him purifies himself, even as He is pure." John 3:3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Hello All,

My answer is simply "I WILL THEREFORE BE READY" for we know not the day nor the hour wherein our Lord doth come.

We must remain ready and watching as we are hastening for the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ to appear in the air. Others need to see our moderation while living in this world as we give them answers as to why we have it. Amen :rolleyes:

God Bless

Openly Curious

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

This is sort of a short testimony of mine that I'd like to share.

I was working as a security officer in Phoenix, AZ & my supervisor met me at a gas station to fill up my tank. I had a sign in the back window of my car that loudly proclaimed JESUS SAVES!

He looked at the sign in the window then he turned and asked me, "Jesus Saves, do you really believe that?" I said, "Yup sure do." Then he asked "Why."

I stopped. My tongue got tied up in knots and there was an awkward silence for a long moment. Finally he laughed and said, "It's ok i'm a christian to, I was just testing ya."

I didn't know what to say when he asked me. I later read in 1 Peter that we should always have a reason for the hope that we have and that we should be able to tell others with gentleness and not be rude about it. (This is not word for word - 1 Peter 3:15)

My challenge to you is to always be able to give a reason for the hope that we have found in Christ so that God may use you to tell others about Him in a credible way.

In Christ,

Jim

Good point. In that situation I would have done the same thing, stumbling over my words etc, so it is a good discipline for me to think about this, and we should have an answer ready as we are called to have one ready as you point out.

Just for me in that spot, I think I would have to go with the gut, and for me it comes down to something CS Lewis said, the Gospel has the ring of truth about it, when I read the Gospel accounts by the witnesses who claimed to see Christ rise and ascend to heaven, or when I hear the Gospel preached from the pulpit, they sound credible, they don't sound like liars, they don't sound contrived, and they hit my heart, they hit me with the basic understanding of how bad I need a Savior. Human beings have a hunger for things we need naturally, we don't in general have desires which are impossible to fulfill, this desire for a savior is designed into all of humanity, and of course all those who come to believe.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1966

That sure gives a person something to think about. Are we ready when someone asks us about our Lord and Saviour? And can we put it into words that are "understandable". Thank You for giving me something to work on in my Witness... :P