• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I wonder if many Christians believe that if they lift their hands while praying if God grants them any more grace than when they do not?

Guest Trust in the Lord

God-Man:

If that was the case don't you think many christians would lift theirs hands then.  

Harvester:

It is to bad that your church doesn't lift their hands in worship but then neither does my church...baptists do not know how to worship the Lord as a group they are boring...I just wonder how many other people feel the same way in my church about the boredom and not worshipping the Lord as a group?  I thinks me will ask some people..you get so caught up with all the mondain things in the church that you forget about the old days of worshipping...I use to go to a Pentecostal church...believe me they lift their hands and other things to but it was the other things that made me not go to the church any more...but I miss the lifting up of hands...when I am bymyself and listening to music I love to lift my hands and bowing down to my Lord...ooohhhh the joy that I get....Maybe you should lift your hands in church and let us know if anything is said then maybe you will start a trend in the baptist church...lol only kidding...just do what the Holy Spirit leads you to do....

Guest GloryaRose

Lifting hands does not mean that God grants more grace to those who do than those who do not.

The Grace that God grants to us is all sufficient...there is not a need for more than what he provides...

Sometimes however the action of lifting of hand can help a person to be in a position to recieve the grace that GOd extends to them...

Just as kneeling helps a person to be humble before the Lord...or bowing the head or closing the eyes in prayer helps one to focus on the Lord...

Our spirits live in these physical bodies and we are to use these bodies to glorify God.

Sometimes...actions can speak from the heart...

louder than words.

GloryaRose

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Next thing you know you'll be rolling down the isle!!! :noidea:

They call me a bible thumper

I do believe it's true

If you knew my Jesus you'ld be thumpin that bible too.

They call me a holy roller

I do believe it's true

If you knew my Jesus, you'ld be doin' some rollin' too.

:rofl:  :t2:  :t2:  :P  :D  :help:  :t2:  :P  :D  :rofl:

Guest Beulahland

Regarding lifting of hands, my experience has varied.  I find that if a person is very unwilling it may be that his/her heart is unyielding.  I once followed the words of the song we were singing, raising my hands, and the one on my right and the one on my left actually pulled my arms down, both saying simultaneously, "We don't do that here!"  Strange thing was they didn't notice their pastor had his hands lifted high!!!!!

More and more of God's people are experiencing the release of their spirit by the Holy Spirit and often times the body follows.  It truly is a sweet release - not something to brag about or make a show of, but a way of saying to God, "I love You!"  

And don't forget about the wave offering we read about in the time of Moses, etc.  Why do you think God asked them to bring a "WAVE" offering.  We are truly spirit, housed in a body!

Guest Warrior FC
I don't only lift hands to God but I also jump up in the air and give Him a high-five! :noidea:

I would like to see that. :rofl:

sorry... you wouldn't see it!

I only do that privately.. :help:

Why do people kneel when they pray?

Why do people close their eyes when they pray?

Why do people look upwards when they pray, not down?

Physical expression can be a great way of expressing the heart!