• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1956

:) In your view what is "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit " ?

I'm not really sure on this ? I have heard from so many, even preachers, and they all have

a different view on this !

Some say : It is total rejection of Jesus Christ !

So, is that to the unbelievers ? So, now think about this : Your a unbeliever, you came to know Christ as your Savior, you are now saved. Your sins are all forgiven, but theirs one

sin you cannot be forgiven--Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. They one time rejected Christ,

now save, so are or did they commited Blasphemy ??

Then theirs others that say if you rejected the Holy Spirit, that is Blasphemy.

Or Spiritual gifts from the Holy Spirit, and you say i don't believe in them that's Blasphemy.

I really like your view on this, because i'm confuse on this subject !

How does a person know if they Blasphemy or not ??

And last ! A friend told me that any gifts but (not the fruit of the spirit), but gifts from the

Holy Spirit, like tongues etc; are not from the Spirit, but are from the devil. They are erra

she say's, i can't help it but i disagreed on that one. because i believe in the gifts.

And shes saying this is Blasphemy.

So, help me out here !

GBU----Ms Lucy :)

Edited by Ms Lucy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

The word "blasphemy" comes from the greek "blasphemia" which indicates speaking.

1) slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name

2) impious and reproachful speech injurious to divine majesty

Jesus, Himself, said the following:

Matthew 12

"31": Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

"32": And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

"33": Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

"34": O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

"35": A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

"36": But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

"37": For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Speaking is a natural, physical action with spiritual, literal results in the earth because we are created in God's image and after His likeness. Clearly ... speaking is the context of the subject.

Peace.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The scripture you are referring to was directed at the Pharisees at that moment. They were attributing the miracles that Jesus was performing to the work of Satan. In other words, they were saying that he was possessed and that was the source behind the miracles.

I believe it was a scripture for that moment.

The only unforgivable sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

God bless you. :emot-highfive:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

The scripture you are referring to was directed at the Pharisees at that moment. They were attributing the miracles that Jesus was performing to the work of Satan. In other words, they were saying that he was possessed and that was the source behind the miracles.

I believe it was a scripture for that moment.

The only unforgivable sin is the rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Greetings Rania,

In a sense you are correct, but Jesus made it very clear as has already been pointed out. Why do you think Annania and Sapphira were abruptly killed by God? They came to Peter professing that they had sold all they had for the community of believers, but in fact were LYING ABOUT WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT was telling them. They had NOT rejected Christ, but had SINNED AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Also you may want to consider the MoB. All who take the Mark of the Beast are doomed to perdition. So how do you fit that in with YOUR OPINION?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is also mentioned in Hebrews.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

The reason God is so harsh upon the sin of "Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" is if you mock at it in the ways the Pharisees did in the bible which was contributing the works that Jesus did which were the works of God through Him= to the works of Satan and we all know Satan's work is wickedness.

Now Belzebub was the prince of devils which is actually Satan himself.

Well when a person does this within their life and mock and mocks the power of the Holy Spirit then that person has basically condemned their own self. Because without the power of the Holy Spirit one cannot be drawn to Him one cannot be saved and one cannot receive anything from God.

So the very thing they did they despise and mock and Jesus paid an awful price on the cross so that we could have the Spirit of God didn't He. That is why God is so harsh upon that sin as it cannot be forgiven if one does this in their life. And the new birth is a miracle that Jesus did in me.

God Bless

Openly Curious

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/06/1951

Something that may be of help to you is the book WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT by Stanly M. Horton. probably can find a copy on Amazon.com......It has real good points for you to consider. One that stands out is found on page 99 under the subheading A TOTAL REJECTION. It starts out with this: "Clearly, the blasphemy of the Spirit is something willful and involves a sin against knowledge. Matthew relates it to willfully attributing the works of Jesus to the power of Satan".( MT 12:22-32..They were saying He was casting out demons by the power of Satan) Hope that helps you.

Also I wanted to share something personal....I was a Jehovah's Witness for 13 years, then saved in a Baptist church and so had heard the spill about the gifts of the Holy Spirit being demonic, but I KNEW there was more the Lord had for me but was in fear because of prior teachings. Finally the longing for more of God grew and grew. So in prayer I came to the realization from scripture Matthew 7:9-11. So the God I pray to is the SAME God that "saved me" so if I ask Him for something I KNOW it is from Him that I asked!!! As for it having been for back then and not now...."God is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER"....HEB 13:8.

love in Christ

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing the works of God to the devil. That is what was going on when Jesus gave the warning. The Pharisees said he was casting out devils through the power of the prince of the devils. It was the Holy Ghost that was casting out the devils, so what they said was blasphemous. This was not a one time sin. Anyone can potentially do it by mocking a healing service for instance. I always advise people to be careful about what they say when it comes to the works of God.

In addition to blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, Jesus took things a step further and said in Matthew 12:31 and 32:

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but WHOSOEVER SPEAKETH AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST, IT SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN HIM, NIETHER IN THIS WORLD, NEITHER IN THE WORLD TO COME. (Caps added for emphasis.)

It is a serious thing to speak evil of the work of the Spirit.

Butero,

You are saying that anyone who speaks anything evil against the holy Spirit is the unforgiveable sin.

what about the Baptist , they are Christians , but they don't believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, or believe that they happen to day !

they do believe that anyone who has the gifts of tongues, is of the devil, and not of God.

They say from the regional greek : tongues is or are Lanuages, like spanish etc; something you are taught to minister in that native lanuage. And chanting words that you can't understand but the spirit does, like your prayer lanuage to God. They believe this is from the devil they said stay away it is evil !

Would'nt you say this is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,? When someone is saying gifts from the spirit are in err ??