• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

:) andrew.

so yea . .thanks a lot suzanna for the great insights into all those truths. now read this with the softest and nicest voice u know . . . u did the exact thing that i asked not to. i wanna know what salvation is . . . i know they go hand in hand with what grace is and stuff like that but i wanna hear ur opinions on what salvation really is are . . .

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadow2b
:) andrew.

so yea  . .thanks a lot suzanna for the great insights into all those truths. now read this with the softest and nicest voice u know . . . u did the exact thing that i asked not to. i wanna know what salvation is . . . i know they go hand in hand with what grace is and stuff like that but i wanna hear ur opinions on what salvation really is are . . .

SALVATION IS;--Romans.10.vss.9--10---That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the

dead,thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;and with the mouth confession is made unto

salvation....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Salvation is being able to spend eternity in heaven with our Father. Salvation is what Jesus Christ bought for us by His blood. Salvation is what we get, when we Truly believe what Jesus has done for us, and then walking in His Truths!

Is that more to your liking?

:wub:

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Goldman01
to be saved that is. i have been wondering this for a couple of days now after the bible study on monday that canal did on once saved always saved. now i am asking u people what salvation really is. don't give me what u will or will not get if u are not saved or what will happen to u or whatever. i am asking for a scripture backed definition of what salvation is. i don't think something like John3:16v will help answer my question either :wub:

I would define salvation by Romans 6:22,23...

Romans 6: 22,23,"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Salvation is an undeserving gift from God that we can obtain through Christ Jesus, which results in eternal life with God, or a home in heaven!

I'm sure you understand completely how salvation is attained. The scriptures are clear on it, so I won't get into it otherwise, unless you ask! And if I haven't answered your question, let me know and I'll try to help you understand what it is you're seeking to know! :wub:

Hope this helps a little bit!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 40:10

I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.

Psalm 62:1

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 62:7

My salvation and my honor depend on God ; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Psalm 18:2

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 28:8

The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Isaiah 25:9

In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD , we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

Isaiah 52:10

The LORD will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God.

Zechariah 9:9

Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Luke 1:77

to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Luke 2:30

For my eyes have seen your salvation,

Luke 3:6

And all mankind will see God's salvation.' "[ 3:6 Isaiah 40:35]

Acts 4:12

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Acts 13:26

"Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 13:47

For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'[ 13:47 Isaiah 49:6] "

Acts 28:28

"Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"

2 Corinthians 7:10

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Ephesians 1:13

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

2 Timothy 2:10

Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

Hebrews 2:10

In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Hebrews 5:9

and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Hebrews 9:28

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Revelation 7:10

And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

Revelation 12:10

Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

Revelation 19:1

After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting: "Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,

All Praise The Ancient of Days :il:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Dear peaches, it seems to me that John 3:16 is about as good an answer to your question (the way I understand it) as there is anywhere in the Bible. I suggest you do some serious study and pray on this topic until you are satisfied that YEWH truly does love you and has made provision for your sin to the extent that you will not perish but are right now an heir of eternal life.

Here are two other verses that have been (ARE) of particular importance to me.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

Dear peaches, it seems to me that John 3:16 is about as good an answer to your question (the way I understand it) as there is anywhere in the Bible. I suggest you do some serious study and pray on this topic until you are satisfied that YEWH truly does love you and has made provision for your sin to the extent that you will not perish but are right now an heir of eternal life.

Here are two other verses that have been (ARE) of particular importance to me.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Amen, brother! :t2:

~sagz

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

thank you people but i had sorta forgotten i had posted this on here cos ...well...stuff that i will not get into.

the reason i truly asked wasn't because i was in total ignorance of the meaning of salvation. the reason was because people tend to see something that is so important to agree on in so many different ways. its sad cos we should agree on something as important as this since we all read the same bible (at least, i hope so).

many a times in chat . . . we have had discussions on once saved always saved and on sinning (perfection and stuff). it would seem to me that from what one person says , it made a lot of sense to me that a person who is saved cannot lose it cos it wasn't what he did that he attained it so how can he lose that same thing by works aswell.

but . . .this is not about that . . .. this is about the true meaning of salvation.

i guess what i should have asked is that what happens when a person is saved? how does this affect them and all.

to my knowledge i would say when we are saved ...... our minds are completely renewed and we are BORN AGAIN. we are not the same people anymore and the way i see it u can't get born again and then decide that u don't wanna be the new creation anymore and change back. its like this . . . u were born a human and then later u decide that u don't like the human thing anymore cos there is a lot of troubles and trials and stuff like that and then u decide to become say a dog cos u reckon that someone else will take care of and do everything for u. this cannot be. u are born a human so u can't stop being a human cos of u failed in some way or whatever. if u go and change to being a dog it means u were always a dog but only thought u were human cos of whatever reason.

so yea . . .i wanted to find our more on this and see what u guys think salvation does and what it truly means to be saved. it seems others think salvation is a process. i don't know . . . those that think this way proved their way of thinking in a very interesting way. thats why i wanted to see ur take on this.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I guess there are different ways of looking at it.

Once you are "born anew", can you be unborn? You are correct - that seems ludicrous!

If you are in a burning building and someone rushes in, grabs you, and carries you out, then you are "saved" from the burning building. Now, if for whatever reason you run back into the building, are you then unsaved from the burning building? Well, you were saved before, but now you are back in danger and are in need of being "re-saved" - uh, I guess that's how it goes. :P

So, which is more valid?

I can't help but think of the teachings Jesus gave. It's not for us to separate the wheat from the tares. It is not for us to figure out if people suffered tragic deaths for their sin - He said we need to be wary of and worry about our own hearts (major paraphrase of, "Unless you repent you will likewise perish"). If a brother is in sin, we do what we can to restore him, but if he refuses to repent, treat him as (paraphrase) a non-believer. (He didn't say the person was, just that we are to deal with him as if he were - I guess we can go in circles on this.)

I guess another way to look at the issue is Israel's conquest of the Promised Land. Some chose to stay on the initial side of the Jordan River. The rest crossed. But the entire land was not conquored just by crossing. They had to win the land bit by bit, battle by battle. Unfortunately, they chose not to take the entire land. But we can see "salvation" parallels here. I guess what happens to us at "salvation" is dependent on how serious we are with the Lord. I've heard of people who upon repenting of their sin and giving their life to the Lord went through a radical transformation (i.e. had no more desire for alcohol and drugs and cigarettes, no longer wanted to be manipulative). But we know this does not always happen. Why? I ask how much the person repented. Do they want to stay "on this side of the Jordon"? Do they want to conquor the entire land?

Does any of that make sense?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

but . . .this is not about that . . .. this is about the true meaning of salvation.

i guess what i should have asked is that what happens when a person is saved? how does this affect them and all.

There are a number of verses that speak to this question. I would say the most important of all is that when a person is saved they are adopted into the family of God.

1 JOHN 3:1 Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the Sons of God.

A verse that I think is more to the point of your question is the one I referenced above:

JOHN 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

This verse speaks of an immediate change that takes place in the person that receives Christ that is that they receive power. Where before they were power-less, being dead in trespasses and sin, they are now made alive in Christ.

The word for 'power' in this verse does not speak of force, strength or energy but of choice, liberty and permission. The sinner has no choice but to keep on sinning because he is in bondage. The cross of Christ has broken the yoke of bondage. (This is what sets the Christian and Christianity apart from all beliefs.)

So the actual change that takes place in the person's life who receives this power varies. For some who truly want to be free from some particular thing like drugs for example it is sudden and dramatic. However, I think this kind of experience is pretty limited in its scope. That is - where a person no longer has a desire for drugs, they still struggle with the weaknesses that made them susceptible to it.

In these areas the changes are more often gradual and progressive. If they do not grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord, they may find themselves being again entangled in the yoke of bondage. (Gal 5:1)

The sinner has no choice but to accept Christ or die in his sin, the Christian must continue to make the choice to follow Christ . If he is not following Christ, he is returning to the beggarly elements (Gal 4:9) as the dog to his vomit. (2 Peter 2:20-22)

Does that mean I think he becomes "unborn"? Except for Hebrews 6, which says of the backslider "whose end is to be burned" and Romans 11:22 which says "they shall be cut off" which continue not in the goodness of the LORD, along with several others, I would say no.