• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Carlos,

God Bless you dear brother.

Part of the problem with the Church today, in my opinion, is just what you seek. A Country Club mentality. Now I understand what you are getting at brother I really do.

However the Church has locked herself away for far to long. It is time for the Beauty of the Bride, which is the reflection of Christ. To shine on my brother. That is exactly what we try to do here. :)

Song

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Dave. How are you bro? Hope all s well.

I hear you bro. and in no way shape or form, God knows, would I diminish the work, trial and labors that you or others have gone through on my behalf and on behalf of others. May God shut my mouth and keep me from saying another word for a month if such is not the case!

You are to be commended. George is to be commended. And I dare say every mod that I have ever met on this forum is to be commended in their work. I have not always agreed with what has happened on this forum. I have not always understood what has happened. I have not always seen the labor and hardship that has gone on behind the scenes to make it what it is and in my ignorance I have not always been grateful as I should be.

But none of what has happened and what you or others have done in the name of Christ invalidates my point.

That there is sometiing very wrong with how sin is dealt with in the midst of the Church as a whole. And that to the degree that this forum is a reflection of the overall Church and does not deal with sin in it's midst in a likewise manner it is not dealing with things as God would want bro. And the divisiveness and problems it has experienced will resurface again and again and again.

I don't want to make an issue of this bro. I just felt a need to share what I felt after reading the thread. Everyone seemed to decry what happened and was praising George and the mods (and rightly so!!) but no one seems to have mentioned the possiblility that perhaps the way to keep such things from happening in the future was to deal with sin in our midst as God would want. So I piped up and said my piece. I need not belabor the point bro if you disagree and we can leave it at that.

As always I appreciate and value your input bro.

Carlos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I hope that if I get out of line , someone will just come out and say" Gerioke , yer out of line" before you start thinking about booting me off . I'm here for fellowship and edification. Some of my questions may seem a little antagonistic, but they are just questions that come to mind.I am sorry if I have ever or will ever hurt anybody or go against the word of God. And if somebody comes on and tries to start a ruckus, bless him and let the burning coals do their thing

God bless :emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Hey Gerioke! Fancy meeting you on this thread :emot-hug:.

You need not worry I think about someone telling you if you are out of line. One of the truly nice things about this forum is that if someone is indeed out of line someone will most definitely come along at some point and tell you so.

Carlos

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

Carlos,

God Bless you dear brother.

Part of the problem with the Church today, in my opinion, is just what you seek. A Country Club mentality. Now I understand what you are getting at brother I really do.

However the Church has locked herself away for far to long. It is time for the Beauty of the Bride, which is the reflection of Christ. To shine on my brother. That is exactly what we try to do here. ;)

Song

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  56
  • Birthday:  03/04/1987

George,

I was wondering where all the disturbing doctrine and topics came from. Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/03/1995

Call me a veteran, guys. I am trying to defend what I so much love about this board and it's service. George, let me take this moment to thank and congratulate you on upholding and thank youn for making this such a wonderful way and place to serve the Lord.

Blessings be with you,

Brother Zach

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
How this is creating a cycle of division?

First of all, the veteran members know how great this board was and how the board was used even more mightily by the Lord just a short while ago, and with the influx of "strange" and "perverse" doctrines trying to infiltrate and cause divisions have the veteran members with their guards up.  Now with their guards up -- they are watching closely every word being said and trying to kill the snake before they rear their heads.  But in trying to kill the snakes -- oftentimes they are crushing innocent sheep.  When this happens "newbies" are reacting to this influx of questioning and reacting and saying "all that is wrong" with the boards, which is causing the "veterans" to turn and defend themselves and their relationship with Him.  It's creating a cycle of division.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read through the whole board on my tea break at work and I agree.

God Bless.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for the ettiquite teaching for the boards... :emot-hug:

this place is "worthy " of you...

Praise God for your heat to serve!!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  80

Hey, I am new here, and with me comes new approaches or should I say new approach to understanding the old ways I may rile the old guard unintentually. I want to say that so far in my short time here that it seems to be a well run and great board to be on. Everyone here has been wonderful and great to be with.

This reminds me of a story I heard about a guard standing outside beside a bush on the whitehouse lawn. The President was taking a walk and noticed this guard standing there at attention. The President turned to one of the security men and asked about it. He was told that during the civil war there was once a cannon there but it has long since gone but the standing guard has never been stopped on that position.

Sometimes I think that somewhere in the 2000 years since the Lord has been with us, we have picked up junk that has no biblical reference and are defending it because it has Jesus's name attached to it. Sometimes I think we need to rethink about all the things that Jesus's name is attached to and ask ourselves if it is even found in the bible and if no one in the bible did that or believed and stated that, that maybe it is of the deceiver who is roaming around looking for ways to deceive the very elect if it were possible.

We live in the last days and the worse is yet to come. We are to study to show ourselves approved. We sometimes can get up in defending the church we do not even realize that we may not be defending our Lord whom we love.

May the Lord bless this forum with open to the Lord's Will people who are looking for the truth in the spirit of truth as Yeshua would have us live. God bless you all.

Visionary