IGNORED

mixing meat with dairy...and kosher food

Guest shiloh357

Here is something we used to eat with Challah bread on Shabbes (Sabbath). I got this from a friend in Israel and it is good on any bread, really:

1pkg softened cream cheese

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cinnamon (to taste)

Just mix all that together and you have a very good spread. It is really good is the bread is still warm from the oven. My friend is a vegetarian basically, and he eats primarily vegitable, grain and dairy based food. In fact, a lot of Orthodox Jews are vegitarians. It sort of simplifies the whole kosher issue. Not everyone can afford three different sets of dishes and utensils.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Vickilynn,

If the Lord sets you free you are free indeed, why do you think God wants you to keep that law ,do you never eat pizza?

:o

Shiloh I let you know how we like charoset , I will buy the matza too :o

Actually its getting very late here and I go to bed :emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Here is something we used to eat with Challah bread on Shabbes (Sabbath). I got this from a friend in Israel and it is good on any bread, really:

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cinnamon (to taste)

Just mix all that together and you have a very good spread. It is really good is the bread is still warm from the oven. My friend is a vegetarian basically, and he eats primarily vegitable, grain and dairy based food. In fact, a lot of Orthodox Jews are vegitarians. It sort of simplifies the whole kosher issue. Not everyone can afford three different sets of dishes and utensils

last question what is Challah bread??????

I will try this recipe too!

Thank you for all your patients to answer all my questions!!.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cinnamon (to taste)

Just mix all that together and you have a very good spread. It is really good is the bread is still warm from the oven. My friend is a vegetarian basically, and he eats primarily vegitable, grain and dairy based food. In fact, a lot of Orthodox Jews are vegitarians. It sort of simplifies the whole kosher issue. Not everyone can afford three different sets of dishes and utensils.

That sounds delicious Shiloh, what are the quantities used on the other one, where you said you added honey and raisins??? It sounds really good also, I love fruits and nuts and cinnamon!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Vickilynn,

If the Lord sets you free you are free indeed, why do you think God wants you to keep that law ,do you never eat pizza?

:o

Shalom Angels.

Oh, the L-rd HAS set me free! Set me free from sin and death and much more! But not from His Torah!

Jesus says if I love Him, I will keep His commandments. And I love Him.

Jesus says He did not come to abolish the Law, and I believe Him! He set me free from the penalty of the Law.

BTW, Jesus never ate pork. :o

And yes, I do eat pizza. In fact, I make it at home, often. But, I don't eat pepperoni or any type of pork on it. Why? Because G-d says not to. I would rather obey Him than eat something not given for food.

Shalom Angels,

Here is a Q&A from a Messianic site which pretty much sums up what I believe on the issue of the Law:

Question:

I find your website very informative, and in fact have used (Quoted) some of your information in dialoging with Jewish people on the Internet......But one thing puzzles me a little, Why do you think that the Law of Moses is still in effect when the New Testament reveals that it has been annulled. Hebrews 7:18..?

Answer

Far from being anulled, Matthew 5:18 assures us: "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished.

As long as heaven and earth remain, it is G-d's sign to us that His Torah has not changed (or, G-d forbid, been annulled). The verse you mention in Hebrews is being taken out of context -- the discussion is about Yeshua's priesthood having superiority -- you need to read all the Hebrews text (chapter after chapter on the priesthood). If you had read further (instead of stopping at verse 18) you'd see that Yeshua is superior to the other priests that came before Him because He doesn't die. (vs 23,24)

His sacrifice is a continuing sacrifice -- making further sacrifices unnecessary for us. It is Yeshua's very superiority referred to in the verse you quoted -- the 'weakness' of the earthly priesthood (vs 18) is being replaced with the "better hope" (vs 19) of Yeshua's priesthood. Unlike the earthly priests (vs 27) Yeshua didn't need to first offer a sacrifice for His own sins before offering one for the people -- He was without sin. This sacrifical change from earthly priests to a heavenly priest is basically a change from an imperfect system of sacrifice to one made perfect through Yeshua. Hebrews devotes so many chapters to explaining to us why Yeshua is the better priest.

To annul the very Torah which made Yeshua's priesthood so valued to us is contrary to the very point Hebrews is making. Remember, if Torah is annulled, the need for sacrifice vanishes with it -- and Yeshua would have died in vain to fulfill a sacrifice that was no longer required. That wouldn't be very well planned by G-d, would it? Further, if there is no Torah, then there is nothing we've transgressed against to require a sacrifice anyway. It is because Torah remains in effect that Yeshua's priesthood and sacrifice are so precious to us -- His sacrifice satisfies the Torah sacrificial requirements on our behalf.

Guest shiloh357

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cinnamon (to taste)

Just mix all that together and you have a very good spread. It is really good is the bread is still warm from the oven. My friend is a vegetarian basically, and he eats primarily vegitable, grain and dairy based food. In fact, a lot of Orthodox Jews are vegitarians. It sort of simplifies the whole kosher issue. Not everyone can afford three different sets of dishes and utensils

last question what is Challah bread??????

I will try this recipe too!

Thank you for all your patients to answer all my questions!!.

Challah bread is a egg based bread that is braided and eaten on the Sabbath. Most Jewish people make at least two loaves for the Sabbath. It is traditionally eaten with the Friday night meal and represents the double portion of manna that fell on the day before the Sabbath. We often use a decorative Challah cover as well which represents the dew that preserved the manna until it could be picked from the ground.

Guest shiloh357

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon vanilla

Cinnamon (to taste)

That sounds delicious Shiloh, what are the quantities used on the other one, where you said you added honey and raisins??? It sounds really good also, I love fruits and nuts and cinnamon!

Well it depends on how many you are serving. When I chop the apples I usually chop up enough for 1 apple per person. That way there is plenty for the seder and for snacking on later.

the one with honey I did not make. So, I can't really speak to the specific amounts. I simply tasted it. I would say just experiment. If it were me, I would not want the honey to overpower the apples and cinnamon, but make still make for a thick mixture since it represents the mortar for the bricks the Israelites had to make in Egypt.

One time, in a pinch, I had to use applesauce. That make for interesting charoset, let me tell you.

Guest Blood-Washed

Vickilynn,

;)

Shalom Angels.

Oh, the L-rd HAS set me free! Set me free from sin and death and much more! But not from His Torah!

Jesus says if I love Him, I will keep His commandments. And I love Him.

Jesus says He did not come to abolish the Law, and I believe Him! He set me free from the penalty of the Law.

BTW, Jesus never ate pork. ;)

And yes, I do eat pizza. In fact, I make it at home, often. But, I don't eat pepperoni or any type of pork on it. Why? Because G-d says not to. I would rather obey Him than eat something not given for food.

My dear, it sounds to me like you're living under a lot of condemnation and the heavy yokes of rules and regulations. You are not defiled by what you eat, but what comes out of your mouth. Where does it say that Jesus never ate pork? Jesus came to set us free from the chains of the law and we are under His grace when born again. Eating pork and meat will definately NOT cause a wedge between you and God - so go ahead and enjoy food the way it was intended.

Matthew 15:10-11: "Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean'."

Verse 17 - 18: "Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean'."

Jesus was referring to the Jewish regulations concerning food and drink. It is what you say and think that makes you unclean - not by eating nonkosher food. Nothing should be a barrier to proclaiming the gospel of Christ.

Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed.

Shalom!

;)

My dear, it sounds to me like you're living under a lot of condemnation and the heavy yokes of rules and regulations.

Thank you for your concern, but you are mistaken, I assure you. Actually, there is so much joy in serving G-d, there is no condemnation or heavy yoke. In fact, Jesus says His yoke is easy and His burden is light and it's true. I'm living under the freedom to serve Jesus and obey His Word! It is a joy, not a burden.

You are not defiled by what you eat, but what comes out of your mouth.

The Scripture in reference was referring to hand-washing, not eating non-Kosher food. The Pharisees focused on the outside, on the hands making the food unclean, it was not referring to non-Kosher foods.

Where does it say that Jesus never ate pork?

Jesus (Yeshua) was an observant Jew who never broke G-d's Law. Eating pork was against G-d's Law.

Where does it say He ever ate any non-Kosher food?

Jesus came to set us free from the chains of the law and we are under His grace when born again. Eating pork and meat will definately NOT cause a wedge between you and God - so go ahead and enjoy food the way it was intended.

No, thank you. You are mistaken. The food that was intended for food is listed in the Word. And pig was never intended for food. And, I did not say eating pork will cause a wedge between me and G-d, where did you get such an idea? Not from me.

Jesus was referring to the Jewish regulations concerning food and drink. It is what you say and think that makes you unclean - not by eating nonkosher food.

Jesus was referring to washing one's hands before eating, a rabbinical requirement. He never broke G-d's laws, but he never cared for man's. And yes, it is what comes from the HEART that makes a person unclean.

Please read carefully, I never said eating pork makes ME unclean. I said, G-d says the pork is unclean to eat, it is not intended for food. Two different things entirely.

Nothing should be a barrier to proclaiming the gospel of Christ.

And nothing is.

Whom the Son sets free, is free indeed.

Yes, and are free to obey His commandments because we love Him.

Shalom!

:24:

Shalom back atcha!