Catsmeow

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Not going to shoot the messenger, not yet anyway. :angel: I explained on the other thread that that scripture is being taken out of context. David was talking about obvious wickedness, like idol worship that was common at that time. He was worshipping God here. This is not a command for all Christians for all times. If we are arguing about it, its not an obvious wickedness, not to all of us anyway. Like I said on the previous post, let the Holy Spirit do the convicting, please!!

Guest Christopher

I suppose I've overreacted a bit, and I apologize for that.  My greatest fear is the having others impose their interpretation of the Bible on me, at my or my family's expense, just because we do not agree on a subject.

And honestly, yes, I think man cannot live on Bible study alone.  You are going to be in serious traoble if you don't know anything else about history, sociology, science, art, etc. than what is solely offered in the Bible.

I too wonder what God would have to say about this, but you don't know, do you...and neither do I.   :angel:

Guest Christopher

I love the new icons!  :inlove:

Harry Potter is harmless! :angel:

Reading is great! :duh:  :angel:  :king:

Censorship is bad!  :lightbulb:  :halo:   :lightbulb:

I agree Christopher that each believer has to make their own decisions in life and believers should NOT place a level of judgment on another.   Paul spoke about this very issue to the Corinthian church.  We have liberty in Christ!  

With much agape love,

George

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Christopher....just want you to see this......

Matt4:4....""But he answered and said, It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God."

Looks like bible study alone is sufficient, for spiritual growth.

Lan...the bible is it's own dictionary.....and wicked is defined quite clearly.

Yes I know we have liberty in Jesus (and boy am I glad!), but that liberty is to lead us into holiness and purity, not to cling to the worldly attractions. The old man is put off...remember?

legalism or obedience......or is it a level of fruit bearing?

I don't think scripture teaches if it's ok for me it might not be ok for you, God doesn't impose double standards.  We can see this in the plainly spoken issues. I think it boils down to the closeness of your walk (knowledge of His words).

I don't think this is a matter of whether you are saved or not......

Peace, Carl...OSAS :angel:

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I will continue to let the Holy Spirit lead me into all truth, and not other believers. If we set up a standard of what is righteous for all Christians we end up with a church full of "righteous lost" people (believe me I have seen it).

Guest Jipsah

I've thumped this tub before, but hey, flogging a dead horse is a lot more fun than you think! :angel:

There are traditionally 3 major enemies of the soul: the world, the flesh, and the devil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Wow Jipsah. I think you've made me change my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Christopher

Well put, Jipsah.  In the grand scheme of things, even if you think HP is dangerous, you may want to pick your battles elsewhere and you might find that the good in HP (getting kids to read, moral messages, fostering imagination) may even outweigh the bad (gateway to occultism?) if you actually read the books.

:biggrin:

Good points, Jipsah!  I do monitor what my child sees.  Unfortunately, I cannot put her in a bubble :angel:  She is so enthralled with the way models and trashy girls look.  She loves skimpy clothes and she is very conscious of her body and clothes.  She is only 5!  As much as I try, I cannot keep her from seeing women dressed like that.