• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

:inlove: Most of us didn't realize that we had opened the DOOR for demons. All these supposedly "Harmless things" are exactly what satan is using very strongly in these last days.

What were these vagabond Jews missing?

Acts 19:13-21

13Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, "In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." 14Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15[One day] the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?" 16Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding

They had no power, no relationship with Christ. We become as them when we conform to the world and satan knows that.

But look what the Lord done anyhow.....

17When this became known to the Jews and Greeks living in Ephesus, they were all seized with fear, and the name of the Lord Jesus was held in high honor. 18Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds.

They cleaned house so to say, cost didn't matter.

19A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.  20In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power.

There was a reason the Lord was so harsh with the Isrealites...The power of the Holy Spirit hadn't been revealed yet. It was because satan was trying to continously take them out...infest them with sin, which they had no power to overcome. (Remember our Savior hadn't came yet? Gen 3:15)The Lord gave them guidelines to keep them SAFE... Same for us. He has given us His WORD and we still look to what the heathen do for gratification and condone it.. "other god" worship in modern day settings.

Deut 18:10-20

10Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

14The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so. 15The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him. 16For this is what you asked of the LORD your God at Horeb on the day of the assembly when you said, "Let us not hear the voice of the LORD our God nor see this great fire anymore, or we will die."

17The LORD said to me: "What they say is good. 18I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. 19If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account. 20But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."

Later they fell into apostasy....

Judg 21:25

In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit.

There is danger in our reasoning things out. He left us instructions to be USED.. Holy Bible...

That's why we need "Thus saith the Lord", as our standard.

I believe the Lord knows that satan was gonna use these doors in the Last Days.

I thank Him for that... In Christ, Karen :angel:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

If you are not familiar with evil spirits, let me explain something to you.. whenever you open a DOOR for the enemy (Harrry Potter-which is witchcraft, sorcery which is strictly forbidden by the BIBLE), either for you OR your children, the enemy has a right to go right on through it. (Evil will enter your children's minds, heart, spirit..)....These evil spirits can lie dormant for a time. The enemy will convince you that it is HARMLESS the enemy will tell you that it's great because your children are reading!!! Great their getting good grades, but you ARE SACRIFICING THEIR SOULS!!!!!

I will never allow my children to read the Harry Potter books or see the movies. I will not be responsible for exposing my children to witchraft and possible demonic possession..

Anyone who reads this, you are warned!! So, laugh if you want, listen to the enemy's voice, and when you find your children are casting spells on you and their friends, and entertaining evil spirits, it may be difficult to find someone to 1st, beleive you and 2nd to help you.....

I pray that you will choose to listen to THE HEAVENLY FATHER and his WORD, and keep yourself and your children away from WITCHRAFT and evil spirits...

How do you feel about Cinderella? Beauty and the Beast? Princess and the Pea? Snow White? Peter Pan? Fairy tales in general? Come on, stories cannot control you unless you take them seriously. FAIRY TALES and fantasies are perfectly normal parts of childhood! As long as we Christian parents point out the difference in FANTASY and reality, that is!

Good grief, you'll have us all reading Bibles by candlelight 24 hours a day!  

There is nothing wrong with FANTASY. God gave children imaginations, and by the way children who have NEVER seen a movie will still play at being super human or having magical powers!

Warned about Harry Potter and Peter Pan? rubbish. Just MHO, of course, but I'm much more liberal than some here. :angel:

• 2 months later...
Guest Shawneeda

Yes, I believe that Harry Potter, Buffy and other things of this nature is bad.  I heard that some kids who watched a show called "Bewitched"  turned into witches  because of that show.   Glorifying something evil is not good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

For what it's worth, I counseled a 10 year old boy last night for salvation.  If you ever get the chance to speak to children who read Harry Potter (other than your own, cause they won't tell you what they are taking away from it?) but, if you ever have the chance you ought to hear what unsaved children are saying about HP.  

I was devestated by this poor child, who has been so exposed and flooded in his mind by the deceptions the entertainment world has bombarded him with.  He was so very confused about all the things he has seen.  HP being one of them, I bet he had a hundred questions about spells, he asked about voodoo, if it was real, he was extremely confused.  He was greatly impressed by spells in HP, but he quickly added, that the books were "good" books, cause they were funny!   This child had seen much more than HP, to confuse him, but HP was one thing that he was troubled over, because he had the feeling that he would need to give it up.  His little spirit felt much conflict over these books and Jesus, and I didn't even bring it up, I didn't know he read these books, but obviously he was feeling some convictions over what he took away from those books, and the Truth of the Gospel he had just heard.  

Food for thought.

In His Truth,

Suzanne

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

these books really talk to the flesh. Makes it very hard for kids to resist. The world teaches to go after what you want, strive for it, work for it, after all, you deserve it, and should not be without it. There is no such thing as no.  Then hp comes along and *poof* magic is the answer for instant gratification. It's so sad.  :angel:

To quote myself..."How do you feel about Cinderella? Beauty and the Beast? Princess and the Pea? Snow White? Peter Pan? Fairy tales in general? .... FAIRY TALES and fantasies are perfectly normal parts of childhood! As long as we Christian parents point out the difference in FANTASY and reality, that is!"

I stand by this statement, even if I stand alone. And I grew up watching Bewitched and all it was is SILLY FUN. Anyone who knows a thing about wicca knows that it is NOT what Bewitched was about. it was simply a fish out of water story like SOOO many others! I feel sorry for children who are not allowed flights of fancy with Peter Pan and scary stories like The Mummy...It's all wonderful for their imaginations! Do you ever allow the kids to watch Disney? NEARLY ALL Disney movies have an element of magic! Are they all evil? Tinkerbell is flying around the castle with her magic wand in ALL the commercials! EEK! What if little Susie wants to be a fairy now?

:angel:  :angel:

Lighten up, ya'll. Teach your kids the difference in fantasy and reality, and keep life balanced, and show them the light of Jesus Christ--they'll be well-adjusted and fine and not paranoid or HELPLESS against the evils of FICTION...good grief.

BTW I just finished the new Anne Rice novel, and it was GREAT! And I don't want to become a (FICTIONAL CHARACTER) immortal blood drinker from reading it, either! It is FICTION!! And it was FUN!! :thumb:

BTW I just finished the new Anne Rice novel, and it was GREAT! And I don't want to become a (FICTIONAL CHARACTER) immortal blood drinker from reading it, either! It is FICTION!! And it was FUN!!

Well, since it was fiction and fun, will your children be reading it next?  I mean you can just explain to them that it's fantasy and not real?  Right?

If you had seen that little boy I saw, if you had spoken to him in his confusion, maybe you would understand.  Our children are "drowning" in deception.  They need the real live Truth of Jesus Christ.  And maybe your children are fortunate enough to get Him, but many are not, and they're looking for their power in this world to come from Harry Potter and casting spells.  They are becoming VERY confused.

Oh, and I do not lump Peter Pan, Cinderella, etc. in this group.  The main focus of those mentioned above are not spells and witchcraft, warlocks, and children having powers in this world we live in.

:angel:  :king:  :angel:

In His Truth,

Suzanne

On the contrary, Cinderella is all ABOUT magic changing poor little ugly rag-wearing Cindy and bringing her the man of her dreams-- changing pumpkins into horses, magic shoes, mice into horses--Whatever she wishes!

And Peter pan, he takes the children FLYING into the night to a distant land their parents do not know about! :angel:  Magic all round! And they never ever grow up! They eat imaginary food! What if they really think they can do this, and starve?!

Oh no, Mary Poppins. You KNOW what she did with magic! Those Banks kids--I bet they grew up in a very bad way! Sliding up banisters? magic medicine? What was IN THAT bottle? Should my child be exposed to that?

Where do you draw the line? What is ok and what is evil?

That little boy, misguided children with no spiritual grounding--they will grab onto whatever they see! This does not make Harry Potter evil. I firmly disagree. I feel for the child, and would love to guide him, but if he has no foundation and HONESTLY believes this magical fantasy, I would get him to a doctor for an IQ test, and get him to a church for some real magic! :angel:

And Yeah, I don't mind my nearly 14 year old reading 'Blood and Gold'! It is RICH in architecture and history, art and culture--the language is not objectionable, there is no casting of spells in it. The dialogue is of an adult nature, meaning there are more than 3 syllables in most of the words. Good! He'll get some more language skills! And when he was 8 I got him Hocus Pocus, all about witches and zombies! Friendly zombies! And we still enjoy watching it. And you know, he has NEVER expressed an interest in witchcraft?! How ever did that happen?

I don't agree with this whole thing, and if Potter is evil, if you REALLY feel that way, then there is no choice. ALL fantasy/magic must GO! No exceptions! Our children must stay firmly grounded in the REAL world--no imaginary friends, no magical beanstalks or hens that lay golden eggs, or ANY of that!  :king: what if they believed it?!  :halo:

Uh=oh, Shakespeare's works contain alot of magic too...no more King Lear, or Hamlet, and the operas by Mozart--FULL of magic! Alice in Wonderland, gone.  :duh: HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO GO?

I personally do not want my children aligning in any form or fashion with sorcery, real or imagined.  You can open the door a crack and it will come in.

Malachi 3:5 And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien-- Because they do not fear Me," Says the Lord of hosts.

As far as Ann Rice, how can light and dark be compatible?

2 Cor. 6:14 And what communion has light with darkness?

Phil. 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

In His Truth,

Suzanne