• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Tonight my husband had to speak with one of the young men in our Bible study group (college age young people). A young woman (20 yrs old) came with him. She just recently began attending the Bible study group. She lives with a young couple who have also begun attending the bible study. Anyway, this young lady sat and talked with me about how she and the young man went to his mother's gravesite. They could not find the grave, so they prayed that God would show them where the site was. The young man had a sword and she said it began to vibrate and it led them to the grave. She said that she could hear the young man's mother's laughter. She also said she could hear the voices of the dead people. They went to other graves and prayed over the graves and the dead people. She said she could hear the dead people speak. She also stated that they have ghosts in their house that they can see and that they talk to. She said when the spirits get upset with them, the spirits move stuff in the house or they turn the TV on. She said that everyone in the house can hear and see the spirits. She feels they have ghosts of dead people living in their house. This young man also hears and sees these spirits. She said she has had a guy named "Mike" with her (a spirit) since she was 16. She said "Mike" told this young man that she is his (Mike's) and that no one else can have her. But, now she says Mike is telling her that it is ok that she has God. She said she prayed a prayer of salvation. I asked her what she was doing to develop her relationship with the Lord. She said she was working on it. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was praying. I asked her about reading the word and she changed the subject. Later I asked her if she was listening to God and she changed the subject. Every time I asked her about listening to God, she changed the subject. It was as though she did not even hear me. I kept talking with her about the fact she is living with demons, talking with demons, etc., but she is doing nothing to hear from God, and again she changed the subject. The demons don't seem to be telling them anything bad to do. She indicates they are peaceful. She believes in them, is what she said. I asked the Lord to give me the words to say and nothing came, which is very unusual. The Lord always brings scripture to my mind, but it was blank. I wonder if the Lord did not want me talking to her from the word by myself. I've never dealt with anything like this before. We now have these four people who are coming to Bible study in our home who live and talk with demons. What do you think should be our approach?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Oh boy. You are opening yourself up to some big spiritual warfare. You need to be quite well armored here. If they refuse to listen, and keep the company of these demons, I dont really know what to suggest. This is dangerous though.

The bible does tell us to cast out the person of heresy. If they are refusing to get rid of these things, and to welcome them instead, should they be in your home in a bible study setting?

Wish I had more helpful advice for you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Before I was a Christian I was in a similar spiritual pradicament to those you are describing. I would pray that they would have a revelation of the true identity of the demons (that they are not kind friends etc). It is possibly something they have found comfort in for many years and a very poor substitute for the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Pray that their eyes and ears would be open to recieving the true revelation of God and that they would come into repentance of their ways. It would be good to seek, prayful support to agree with prayer before meeting with these people so that you are always protected by the Blood of Jesus. Most of all I would be asking the Lords advice to make sure this is a ministry that he wants you in so with His peace you may go boldly to do his will and bring these young people into Gods Kingdom.

Thank God for people like you to be a light in the darkness.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Who takes a sword to a gravesite? :whistling:

Regardless I would fast and pray and ask the Lord if this is the right endeavor to be involved in. The fact that you asked and couldn't hear when you needed to, especially in the company of demons is alarming to me personally.

I would definately begin to pray the Lords Blood over my home claiming it for the Lord and He alone. Then I would begin to pray that the Lord reveal to these kids what it is they are messing with.

I would also ask that they meet with you somewhere else. Then begin to actively seek with them Prayer and asking them if they would renounce all the works of darkness they have been active in. Pleading the Blood of our Lord over their lives.

I would have to agree with Sister Jade. If they refuse to renounce these things? I would find it difficult to allow them in my home any longer.

I also find that honesty is the best policy. Be truthful with them about your concerns.

I wonder if the Lord did not want me talking to her from the word by myself.

This alarms me as well sister. This is a blatant lie straight from hell. God always wants us to rely upon His Word. It is our Life Blood.

Pray sister and seek the Lords face on this.

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

Ok, these are familar spirits and are called such because they are familar to us. When someone believes that they are speaking with the dead they are actually speaking to these spirits.

Here are some biblical passages concerning these:

Le 19:31

Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Le 20:6

And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

De 18:11

Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

1Sa 28:3

Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had lamented him, and buried him in Ramah, even in his own city. And Saul had put away those that had familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land.

1Sa 28:9

And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die?

2Ki 21:6

And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

2Ki 23:24

Moreover the workers with familiar spirits, and the wizards, and the images, and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the LORD

Isa 8:19

And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Isa 19:3

And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Strong's definition of familiar spirits:

Strong's Number: 0178 Browse Lexicon

Original Word Word Origin

bwa from the same as (01) (apparently through the idea of prattling a father's name)

Transliterated Word TDNT Entry

'owb TWOT - 37a

Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech

obe Noun Masculine

Definition

water skin bottle

necromancer

necromancer, one who evokes the dead

ghost, spirit of a dead one

practice of necromancy

one that has a familiar spirit

I believe that the HS will bring to our rememberance the Word that we know. Is it possible that the reason nothing came to you may have been because you don't know the verses in the Word that are speaking about this?

I am not judging or assuming, only trying to help. I hope that this helps.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/27/1971

For what ever is worth, I'll put ditto marks under amdntsr's comment. Action must be done. Your "Bible Study" is your fellowship, your congregation, your church, don't excuse this as just a side show. When scripture says to cast those who pursue evil out of your congregation, that is what is meant. Please Do not allow evil into the presence of Holiness. It is NOT YOUR responsibility to "Save" anyone. That belongs to Yeshua.

Story;

A close friend of mine grew up also in a demonic house. Since his earliest memory, he remembers being attacked, frightened etc by them. To him they were pure evil. But to his mother, she saw them too, but as "lost souls looking for the light". They appear differently to people. My friend is a strong Godfearing man, but his mother is not, although she claimed christ, she believed in lies. This tolerance to these Spirits literally tortured, tormented, and destroyed his family. He spent 18 years of his life this way. His advice would be very stern, as his patience with tolerance is none.

And there is no other ministry then to preach, disciple, and live out the gospel. There is no such biblical thing as Spiritual Warfare Ministry.

K.L.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Thank you all for your words of counsel. This is the first time I have been confronted with something of this nature. I do know what the scriptures teach concerning the seeking out of mediums and spiritists and concerning demon possession. I did not feel, at the moment I spoke with the young woman, that she fit into any of these categories. It appeared that these spirits were around her, they were present with her, certainly, and they lived in her house, but I saw no signs of possession, but that does not mean she is not possessed. It did not appear she was seeking them out for advice, but rather they were just there, though she did say that she spoke with the dead members of her family. Since my knowledge on this subject was confined to demon possession and to people seeking spirits for advice, it was difficult for me to know how to assess this situation. I did feel in my spirit that this was of Satan and I did tell her that I believed these were demons, not ghosts. That is what I had always been taught. Though as I read some of these old testament and new testament passages this morning, it appears that people did speak to the dead. Were they really communicating with the dead, or were these evil spirits? If the spirits are not living inside the people, which they may be, but are rather just dwelling with them, then you are not really casting them out of the person. She says she prayed the prayer for salvation, yet every time I questioned her on God speaking to her, she was silent, but she told me many stories of these spirits talking with her. She has two-way conversations with the spirits, but she does not listen to God. To me, that was the big Red Flag. I admit I don't understand a lot of stuff about spirits of the dead. I do know there is demon activity here. I told her so. I told her I was going to pray about it and that I would get back with her. I am not afraid of this, and I will confront it, but I want to make sure I understand what I am up against first. Your comments have helped and the scripture references have helped. I, too, am very concerned about them being in our home. We have had this ministry in our home 7+years, but these are new people and bring with them a new set of obstacles to have to overcome. I know we are in spiritual warfare, and it is only going to get worse as the time gets closer to Christ's return, so I need to understand this stuff and I need to know how to pray concerning it. So, pray with me that God will give both me and my husband discernment from His Word in how to approach this.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  66
  • Birthday:  10/05/1967

You are correct. Not everyone who speaks to demons are actually possessed by them.

These are not the spirits of their dead that they are talking to, but rather demon who are familiar with the dead when they were alive. Make sense??

Satan is out to decieve anybody and everybody that he can, this is just yet another way that he does so.

Thing is though, until or unless SHE wants to get rid of them, there is nothing you can do. You can't tell a demon to stop talking to someone who wants to talk with it.

You can however, control you house and what does or doesn't come into it. If she is determined to bring these things into your home, then you are right, do not let her in. I know that this sounds harsh, but you have to put yourself and your family first.

We have free will. She has chosen these things and she has chosen to keep these things with her.

My advice?? Give her the Word and let her go her own way. Let her know that if and when she ever decides to get rid of these things (because no they won't go willingly) then have her call you.

Then just pray. Sometimes that is all you can do, pray. I know that when I rebelled I had to go my own way. There was nothing or nobody that was going to change my mind or stop me. Trust me many tried.

It wasn't until I was ready to listen to the HS that I was able finally to reconcile to God.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

If you are truley saved and have a Godly home I dont think you have to worry about the evil spirits staying there.

If those people want to come and listen to the bible study you should let them come, but dont let them interupt

the word of God that is being taught. stay strickly with what the Bible says and dont let them get you distracted and on

another subject. If they want to bring up the spirits and ghost thing, just tell them that is not up for debate. Keep teaching

Gods word. It may be satan trying to break up the bible study and using those people to cause confusion.

They will either get right or quit coming.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

Does this young lady know that these spirits aren't the "spirits"of the dead?When we die,we go to either one of two places.....heaven or hell.These spirits are of Satan.I believe ghosts to be fallen angels...agents of the devil.If this young lady is saved,all she has to do is to rebuke them in the name of JESUS.If CHRIST dwells in one's heart,they can't be possesed by demons......greater is HE that's in you....