IGNORED

Verses against hypnosis?

Guest taegin

Guest taegin

I know there are no verses directly relating to hypnosis, however I emphatically disagree with it and I had someone ask me where does it say it's wrong in the bible? To be honest I only kbow of the verses relating to King Saul and the fortune telling incident. I hope this isn't considered a controversial subject!!

Much Thanks on your thoughts

God Bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

The fruit of the Spirit is self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

That's what we have the Holy Spirit for. As we following His leadings, He gives us the power to control our own bodies, including the mind. Hypnosis involves someone else taking control. Do you really want to transfer control of yourself to someone else? Especially an unbeliever? Hypnosis is all about control. It leads to an altered state of consciousness (putting us in a trance) and finding the answer in ourselves. We are supposed to yield our bodies, minds and spirits to God.

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Yes it is an opening to the spiritual realm and very dangerous

Thanks for the verses!!

You're quite welcome. I pray the Holy Spirit will give you the words to sway this person against hypnosis! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

I know there are no verses directly relating to hypnosis, however I emphatically disagree with it and I had someone ask me where does it say it's wrong in the bible? To be honest I only kbow of the verses relating to King Saul and the fortune telling incident. I hope this isn't considered a controversial subject!!

Much Thanks on your thoughts

God Bless

HI taegin,

I also believe it is wrong to give oneself over to anothers will other than GOd in the Holy SPirit !

God bless!

elkie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hypnosis is the induction of a trance state. It is not wise or scriptural because at that moment your will is not submitted to the spirit of God and you do not have the mind of Christ. You are literally opening yourself up to suggestion and we know the enemy loves the battlefield of the mind. SO DONT!!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I must admit, when I first saw this topic, I thought..........whats the big deal? After reading all of the answers to the OP, I have to say I agree.

See, we do sometimes change minds here at Worthy! :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

The fruit of the Spirit is self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

That's what we have the Holy Spirit for. As we following His leadings, He gives us the power to control our own bodies, including the mind. Hypnosis involves someone else taking control. Do you really want to transfer control of yourself to someone else? Especially an unbeliever? Hypnosis is all about control. It leads to an altered state of consciousness (putting us in a trance) and finding the answer in ourselves. We are supposed to yield our bodies, minds and spirits to God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Taegin,

I appreciate what you say, When I was a teenager- I was dealing with Anorexia and had really poor self-esteem. I saw these subliminal cassette tapes that were any type of problem imaginable. I can't remember the exact name on the tape. But I began playing it- You could hear music on one side and a persons voice-who spoke out what was on the subliminal (spelling??) side. I would sleep with this playing.

With anorexia, I could look at myself in the mirror and I saw myself as fat although, I wasn't.

Over time- when I would play these tapes it would make me feel numb. People would be talking to me and It would totally bounce off me. It was actually what the tape was saying- That I would be inside a bubble and nothing people would say would hurt me, etc. I had exactly what was said.

One night, as usual I was playing the tape and fell asleep- I looked into the mirror-in my dream- and said Look- I'm normal-See- I'm not fat- Then the devil- With horns and all grabbed me and told me that he had me. I woke up to hearing the tape going. I grabbed it and all the others and tore them in two. Vowing never to listen to it again.

That was a long time ago. But I realized when I typed it- that I was receiving exactly what I was hearing and excepting. Its much better to receive from Jesus- His word will not return void and is full of life and hope. It's much better to know our Identity in Christ.

We should never give our minds over to anything else. I had to take authority latter in live over other things of the enemy and realized then that I had to renouce what I had dappled in. The Lord defeated the spirit of suicide in my Life,also.

The devil can't offer us anything outside his nature, but he can steal, kill and destroy!!. Jesus came that we might have life!!! He is a God of Love and Compassion!!

Thank You Jesus!!! :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm not sure I agree that hypnosis opens one up to demonic posession. I know we've had this debate before here, but I just don't believe that a Christian can be posessed by a demon.

There are forms of hypnotism which I think can be beneficial to mental health and addiction issues. Since this is an area which strictly deals with that part of the soul which is the mind, I don't believe that hypnosis as a form of therapy is inherently bad. I do think that anything can be taken way too far, however.

My 2 cents...