IGNORED

Swordsman's list of verses why you can't lose you'r salvat

Guest Swordsman_02

Guest Swordsman_02

Hi everyone, first time using this, and I've got some things I found, please read, thank you.

Hebrews 6:4-9

4 For it is impossiple for these who were once

enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly

gift, and were made partakers of the Holy

Ghost.

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and

the powers of the world to come.

6 If they shall fall away,to renew them again

unto repentance; seeing they crucify to

themselves the Son of God afresh, and put

him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain

that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth

herbs meet for the, by whom it is dressed,

receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers

is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing;

whose end is to be burned.

9 But beloved we are persuaded better things

of you, and things that accompany salvation,

though we thus speak.

John 6:39-40

39 And this is the Father's will which hath

sent me, that of all which he hath given me

I should lose nothing, but should raise it

up again at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me,

that every one which seeth the Son, and

believeth on him, may have everlasting

life: and I will raise him up at the last

day.

10:27-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and

they shall never perish, neither shall any

man pluck them out of my hand.

Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.

28 And I give unto them eternal life;

and they shall never perish, neither shall

any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater

than all; and no man is able to pluck them

out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

Romans 9:16

16 So then it is not of him that willeth,

nor of him that runneth, but of God that

showeth mercy.

2 Peter 2:20-22

20 For if after they have escaped the

pollutions of the world through the

knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus

Christ, they are again entangled therein,

and overcome, the latter end is worse

with them than the beginning.

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them

not to have known the way of righteousness,

than, after they have known it, to turn

from the holy commandment delivered unto

them.

2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them

according to the true proverb, The dog is

turned to his own vomit again; and the sow

that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith;

and that not of yourselves: it is the gift

of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Mat. 24: 11-13

11 And many false prophets shall rise,

and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound

, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto

the end, the same shall be saved.

Luke 22 : 31-32

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold,

Satan hath desired to have you, that he

may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for thee,

that thy faith fail not: and when thou art

converted, strengthen thy brethren.

47-48

47 And while he yet spake, behold a

multitude, and he that was called

one of the twelve, went before them, and

drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.

48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas,

betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?

Thank You

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Here is sweet comfort to those with overly sensitive consciences and who worry so...

Ephesians 1:13-14 And you also were included IN Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, which is a deposit GUARANTEEING our inheritance unto the redemption of those who are God's possession, to the praise of His glory.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I'm getting ready for work right now so I don't have time to address the scriptures you both presented right now. I posted a response to a similar question that applies to this thread, too, so for now I will paste my response below. Please look carefully at the scriptures.

Cats, the scripture you quoted is a letter from Paul to the church (saints) of Ephesus who, verse one says, are "faithful in Christ Jesus." He's speaking to the faithful. The word "saints" isn't just a religious title. It's a declaration of how they are living their lives. Sealing brings authority. If you look at Acts 19:1-6, you see the Ephesians who already believed and received the fullness of the Holy Spirit after Paul taught and ministered to them.

I'm running late, so here is my pasted response. Please read it carefully.

--------------------------------

The Book of Life is mentioned eight times in the New Testament. It shows us that everyone whose name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life will spend eternity with Jesus. Our names are written in it when we are born again.

The opposite is true, too. Everyone whose name is not recorded in the Book of Life is lost. Revelation 20:15 says, "Anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."

John declares that the only people who will be admitted into the eternal city of God are "only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life." Revelation 21:27. The rest will find themselves in the lake of fire, eternity without God.

Jesus speaks to a church in Revelation 3. Keep in mind this is a church He's speaking to, not a group or a city or the lost. He spoke to those who are truly His. He warns us... "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life." (verse 5) In the Amplified Bible is says, "I will not erase or blot out his name from the Book of Life." (The Amplified expounds on the original meanings of Greek and Hebrew words.)

See the word erase? Blot out? It's possible to be have your name erased from this book. The only way for it to be erased or blotted out from the Book of Life is for it to have been recorded there in the first place. Only those who have truly been born again through faith in Jesus Christ are recorded in it. The unbelievers, and even the deceived, who never truly walked with Jesus, were never written in this book, so their names can't be blotted out. He's speaking to those "in the family."

Peter says in 2 Peter 2:20 - 22... "For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..." (That's obviously speaking about believers) "...they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it , to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: 'A dog returns to his own vomit,' and, 'a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.'"

Peter is addressing Christians who return to the ways of the world. The verse above notes that if that believer who returns to the ways of the world is overcome in the ways of the world again, then it would be better for that person if they had never known the way of righteousness to begin with. That person will not be saved and their name blotted out.

However, if a person who has wandered away from the faith returns, repents and their lives are accompanied by godly fruit, that shows that the Holy Spirit drew them back into fellowship! James comforts us with these words... "Brethren, if anyone among you (again, speaking to believers about believers) wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins."

But notice! James shows us that for the one who keeps on wandering from the truth, (without turning back to God) the result will ultimately be death to the soul. This confirms Proverbs 21:16... "A man who wanders out of the way of understanding shall abide in the congregation of the spirits (of the dead)." The man or woman who wanders from the ways of God without turning back to righteousness will have their name blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life and their eternal destination is the congregation of the spirits (assembly of the dead), which is Hades, and eventually the Lake of Fire.

It's having a holy, reverential fear of the Lord that helps keep us from sinning. It's our love of the Lord that propels us into action.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I'm in trouble :emot-hug:

Guest Swordsman

Gerioke, what do you mean that you are in trouble? I'm just wondering :) Thank you keith, I read you'r message, really good :) and I like that verse cats, havent seen that one :)

I've got another one, its the definitions of Hell and where they are found in the Bible, so if you want me to post, just say so :)

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Gerioke, what do you mean that you are in trouble? I'm just wondering :) Thank you keith, I read you'r message, really good :) and I like that verse cats, havent seen that one :)

I've got another one, its the definitions of Hell and where they are found in the Bible, so if you want me to post, just say so :)

I have a tendancy to fall away on a daily basis. Weak willed

:huh:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

I have not walked with God at all this week. I sort of fell away. I feel so uncomfortable praying. I really feel like I should lose my salvation and go to hell. I really wish that it is just as easy to do the will of God as it is to do the will of Satan. To do the will of God takes work. It is a struggle to stay on the straight and narrow. Did I lose my salvation because I fell away from God over the past two weeks? What can I do to gain my salvation back again?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I have not walked with God at all this week. I sort of fell away. I feel so uncomfortable praying. I really feel like I should lose my salvation and go to hell. I really wish that it is just as easy to do the will of God as it is to do the will of Satan. To do the will of God takes work. It is a struggle to stay on the straight and narrow. Did I lose my salvation because I fell away from God over the past two weeks? What can I do to gain my salvation back again?

What does sort of fell away mean 50 Cents Dog? The only thing that will cause you to lose your salvation is wilful sin after being saved. If you committed wilful sin, confess it and receive forgiveness and cleansing from all unrighteousness. Then go and sin no more.

Well 50c that is something that happens to a lot of us. and in 1Jn.1:9 it is written, if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse from all unrighteousness..However He also says in Matt24.12-13, and because iniquity will abound the love of many will wax cold. But he that endureth to the end, the same will be saved.

Do I believe in eternal security? only for those who endure to the end.

The bible also tells us that there will be an apostavy. A falling away. A falling away from what you say, A falling away fron your faith in Christ's word. People then say those who do, weren't saved in the first place. Then I will say how can they fall away from something they never had. IMO if Jesus didn't think some would fall away from Him, why waste His time warning us, time and time again.

According to Revelation, salvation belongs to the Lord.....not us and He gives it freely. He also said in Jn.8:31-32. If you continue in my word you are my diciples indeed and you will know the truth and the truth and the truth shall make you free indeed. Now he didn't say what would happen if you did not continue in His word, except to me at anyrate I would say you wouldn't be free.......from sin I would suppose.

If you want eternal security, you better make sure you don't backslide big time,because if you don't bear good fruit your branches will be broken off and burned. 50c you said you sort of fell away, well you're blessed bro because you still have the choice to come back again, but it's your choice, not His. :whistling:

off the soap box now,

eric.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I'm sorry,but I just can't believe that the God I know would make it possible for those He redeemed to forfeit their salvation.If what we do can cause us to lose our salvation, that means our salvation was dependent on us in the beginning - as in something we have gained ourselves, and can lose ourselves.

However if you believe the Bible when it says:

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 1:13,14

...then even without a detailed analysis you can understand the clear meaning that Paul is teaching.

If we truly believe that God thru Jesus Christ is the author,finisher,and perfector of our faith then we will believe that our salvation is secure. For it isnt depending on ourselves,but on the character of the God who changes not.