• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1970

If I had died while I was way from the fallowship of the church living like a hieden, was I going to end in hell eventhough I have confessed Jesus as my savior and served him for 4 years of persecution by my own family in my country (Brazil) :laugh: ?

Please if you don't have any scriptures to back up your response please wait intill you have them to respond this one. I want the word of God to be used because we don't want to hurt anybody that may read this.

I am concernig about those who lost their loved ones and now wonder if they are in heaven or not. Because the life they lived before they died.

Romans 10

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Love Suzana :b: .

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Birthday:  12/20/1988

I do believe it is possible to lose your salvation, though some might disagree with this line of reasoning (Calvinists in particular). But not the way you might think. We are saved, not by our good works, but by our faith in Jesus Christ. So what makes people think that we can be "unsaved" by bad works? It seems to me the only way we can backslide is to cease believing, right? This is just an observation, but I shall get back to you ASAP with some scriptures that IMHO back the position that a Christian is able to lose his/her salvation.

Edited by Oh No Melon

The reason why the Jews are no longer God's chosen people is because they chose not to obey God and they were his people. If I don't continue in God's goodness, as a Christian, then I will be cut off also.

There were countless times the Jews rebelled against God. God temporarily blinded the Jews as to the identity of their Messiah so that the Gentiles might have the opportunity to enter a covenant with Him. The Apostle Paul makes it clear the Jews have NOT been cast away -- God has NOT abandoned His chosen people. Israel's elective status in the New Covenant era is an age-old topic of heated debate, and both sides make legitimate points. However, one cannot biblically assert that God has disowned them.

Guest NewPilgrim

I really dont think we need ANOTHER debate on this issue. Type in "salvation" in the search index and you'll find innumerable posts on the subject. I hope u find the comfort and encouragement youre looking for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Well, it was Romans 10 I would of suggested here as we are not to say or conjecture who is and who is not. Praise God you have returned and may you grow strong in Christ, please trust Him to preserve those whom are His unto eternal life and whomever you love or meet whom does not know Christ now, may you plant seeds of the Saviour in them and pray for their salvation.

Blessing,

elkie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

if you are in need of this information we will do our best to help you. before i give you a couple of verses relevant to your question, let me say, i can't remember where the verse is (i seem to do this alot lately) but, Jesus speaks of the father in heaven, no one can snatch us from the fathers hand. however verses i do have to list, states, you can lose your salvation by walking away from God, you still have the right to choose. he will try to bring you back by the holy spirit, but the decision remains yours. Jesus speaking of himself as the vine, "i am the vine, you are the branches. he who abides in me and i in him, bears much fruit; for without me you can do nothing. if anyone does not abide in me (loses faith) he is cast out and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." the thread of thought on those verses and those immediately preceeding, is the unbelieving jews are cut out of the salvation of Christ, and the gentiles, (us-nonjewish) are grafted into salvation through Jesus. if we are not faithful we can be grafted out just as quickly as the non-believing jews can be grafted back in. so yes you can lose your salvation, not by a lack of works, because salvation is not earned by works, it is a gift of God. we do works because we love the Lord and can't really help ourselves. the works only measure the crowns received in heaven. i hope this helps some. it may not be what you wanted to hear, but truth is often that way.

Guest NewPilgrim

Can someone please explain to me how calvin invented eternal security? I knew my security long before I heard of calvin

Can someone please explain to me how calvin invented eternal security? I knew my security long before I heard of calvin

Calvinism holds that we are not saved by works or faith, that no person has any influence whatsoever on their own salvation, that God predestined some to salvation (heaven) but most to reprobation (hell). In this case, loss of salvation is impossible.

Edited by Oh No Melon

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/31/1977

If I had died while I was way from the fallowship of the church living like a hieden, was I going to end in hell eventhough I have confessed Jesus as my savior and served him for 4 years of persecution by my own family in my country (Brazil) :wub: ?

Please if you don't have any scriptures to back up your response please wait intill you have them to respond this one. I want the word of God to be used because we don't want to hurt anybody that may read this.

I am concernig about those who lost their loved ones and now wonder if they are in heaven or not. Because the life they lived before they died.

Romans 10

6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

Love Suzana :P .

Hey Suzana,

I just wanted to say that you won't find the answer to your question on Worthyboards. Half believe you can lose your salvation and need to work to keep your salvation. The other half trust Jesus completly to forgive their past, present and future sins. I guess all you can do is pray. I do encourage you to remain in the Vine and let the Holy Spirit work through you.