IGNORED

1 Corinthians 13:8, What do we do with this verse?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Hi,

Love never fails because love is not self seeking....Love seeks the well being of OTHERS.......Where we fail is when we are focused on ourSELVES.

The Gifts of the Spirit are supposed to flow out of the FRUITS of the spirit. If you are more enamoured with the gift than the fruit, then you are simply NOT focusing on the purpose for that gift.......To build up and edify......Paul said himself that you are well able to have Faith that can move mountains, but if you have not LOVE then you are just a resounding gong....A useless noise....Jesus himself says that MANY will claim to have prophesied in his name and cast out demons, and YET he will say to these, "Depart from me you who practice lawlessness for I never KNEW YOU..."

Love never fails because it builds up and edifies, it even rebukes and chastises for the sake of discipline......"Better open rebuke than hidden love." How much do we truly Love someone if we let them constantly go on living a life of sin when we are called to rebuke them and correct......

Love CANNOT fail because it breaks down all barriers that come against it........Love cannot fail because God IS Love and God cannot fail.

Regards,

Ben. :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

Love cannot fail because it is the only of the three in 1Cor 13:13 (love hope and faith), that we will need after Jesus returns. After Christ returns we will need faith no more, for He will be with us. After his sacrifice on the cross, we need hope no more, for He has promised His return.

crabs><>

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/02/1949

Love cannot fail because it is the only of the three in 1Cor 13:13 (love hope and faith), that we will need after Jesus returns. After Christ returns we will need faith no more, for He will be with us. After his sacrifice on the cross, we need hope no more, for He has promised His return.

crabs><>

Exactly! :emot-pray:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

crabs><>

Exactly! :emot-pray:

Sounds good to me...... :24::24:;):thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Dear David,

Blessings bro! You wrote:

"If speaking in tongues is a work of the Holy Spirit for the edification of the work of the church, if it enhances the spiritual intimacy of believers with their Lord, then it needs to be sought and practiced and embraced as a sign of the maturity of a believer advancing in the things of God. If it is not a work of the Holy Spirit, it is a distraction and a disception that Satan is using to divide the church local and universal. Disception meaning well intentioned people are pulled into believing they have something special and comforting that seems legitimate. If that is the case it is a Trojan Horse in the church. "

I have to say that i find this thread and most of (not all) of the posts discouraging. Honestly seeking information is one thing but this post stirs division up for what purpose to project that you believe speaking in tongues is a tool used by satan? I would ask you to earneslty reflect what is happening here to the body of Christ by the tone and the intention of this thread.

Just for the record i do beleive in the gifts All of them-i also do not nor ever have attended a pentacostal church or any church that ever taught or used tongues. Nor do i speak in tongues or pray too. So my belief is not based on experience nor desire rather through the Holy Spirit's interpretation of scripture.

I do note that many of the people on the boards here who do speak in tongues, like tah, nebula and others ,do not "throw" satan into the mix when the graciously responding that it is okay for you to not to. Why are you and the others here so quick to throw him into yours? I find this very dangerous if you are wrong you are giving credit to satan for that which is of God. Please carefully and prayerfully consider this.

Love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Guest jckduboise

All this thread and others like has proven to me is that man is man and they will make of it what they will...I believe in (long before I ever knew what Pentacostalism was or is) the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I have for a long time recieved dreams, vision and verbal communication from God. There is no doubt is my Heart/Spirit that they were from God and I feel saddened that there are not more who accept these gifts and allow the Lord to communicate freely to us by these forms of Love that God gives.

So to all who do not believe...again I say let God out of the man made box you have built for Him and allow Him to be as Almighty as His Word says that He is!...

Thank you Butero for pointing this thread out to me. I started the other thread because I was hoping for more clarity because at the moment I wrote it I was being fed false teaching that came from a man I had never heard of and was for a moment questioning what I knew in my heart to be true.

God Bless you all

Many non-Christian religions know in their hearts that they have received visions and verbal messages from God.

I know people who claim that "Mary" appeared to them and gave them messages.

Joseph Smith claimed that the Father and the Son came to him and personally gave him revelation.

All these people make the "same claim".

Should we trust our feelings or the word of God which endures forever?

Peter called the scripture a "more sure word" placing it above his own experience. The apostles had a need for revelation and the "sign gifts" were used to give them credibility with the Jews.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2 Peter 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

2 Peter 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Heed the sure word.

Tongues one of the sign gifts were given not for believers but for those "who believe not".

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

1 Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.

"This people" are the Jews as Paul is quoting Isaiah 28:11-12.

1 Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Do a word search on "tongues" and you will see that tongues=languages (plural) and tongue= language singular.

If I pray in Spanish to an English speaking congregation "I do pray well" but I alone am edified if I am the only one who understands Spanish. It would be better if I kept silent and prayed to myself unless an interpreter is present.

Think about it...

Robert

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

crabs><>

Exactly! :24:

what return? jesus said he would never leave us nor forsake us. he is not gone.

yes i know what you mean, but you are wrong. sorry.

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus is going to physically return to theis earth. That is a fact.

His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives.

Zechariah 14:3-4 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Edited by Rober H

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

Thank you Robert H, that was my point exactly, when he returns to take us home....~!!!!!!!